The Le Mans General Discussion Thread

Nissan GTR LM NISMO - LMP1 announcement

10390969_1481592468724976_731599962125989603_n.jpg

Front-nose leaked.​

@Dann: nope, not yet. Haven't seen NISMO posting the unveil of it's mock up LMP1 yet.
How far did that fly over your head?

me
From Andrew Benson on the BBC website.

The Ferrari drivers were comparing two front-nose designs, one with more downforce than the other, to see which one was more effective on this track that makes great demands of the aerodynamic efficiency of the car.

Now, I'm not getting at Andrew particularly as they all see to do it, but what the 🤬 is a "front-nose"? Do they have a rear-nose? We all know that a nose is on the front and we don't need the constant reminders. I think they get confused between the nose (the front one, obviously) and the front wing. The front wing obviously needs the front prefix as the cars also have a rear wing, but a nose is a nose is a nose, and is on the front by default.

And you've just tagged someone who hasn't been seen since 2005...

After doing some reading about the Nissan GTR LM Nismo, I found a problem with its name...

this is a Nissan GTR LM Nismo:
image.jpg

this is a Nissan Nismo GTR LM (road version)
nissan-nismo-gt-r-lm-roadgoing-version-95.jpg

The thing is, the GT-R LM Nismo will arrive long after the GT-R R35. Isn't the R8 road car named after the Le Mans Prototype?

I think the GT-R LM is a concept by PD, not a real car. But if if it wasn't it wouldn't be a problem

It was a homologation special so they could race at Le Mans with it in 1995 and 1996, it was then replaced with the R390. It also been featured in every GT game.

What was Krohn kicked out for?
They were using Risi's auto-entry. They got put last on the reserve list and then asked to be taken off.

Daily Sportscar and Radio Le Mans both reporting that a "Fan favorite" team may be making a comeback to Le Mans.

The only hint given was "No waivers necessary"

Back