The New GTPlanet Scavenger Hunt...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,038 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let me know if I ever screw up a colour. I typically ask someone before I post it though but sometimes I either forget or they don't really know/care.

Is a Buick Regal the predecessor/successor to the Buick LaCrosse? I'm not massively familiar with Buicks (or American sedans in general).

Both the Regal and the Century (Regal being "sporty" and the Century being "normal") were the predecessors to the LaCrosse on the W-Body chassis. However, I believe the LaCrosse is still called the Century in Canada due to the term "LaCrosse" meaning something about masturbation in Quebec...

Both the Regal and the Century (Regal being "sporty" and the Century being "normal") were the predecessors to the LaCrosse on the W-Body chassis. However, I believe the LaCrosse is still called the Century in Canada due to the term "LaCrosse" meaning something about masturbation in Quebec...

No, it's called the Allure.

My brain is stuck on something: do the successors have to be parked/rolling next to each other, or can the pics be separate?

I ask because so far I've only been able to find a Starlet parked next to a Yaris.

My brain is stuck on something: do the successors have to be parked/rolling next to each other, or can the pics be separate?

I ask because so far I've only been able to find a Starlet parked next to a Yaris.

Pics CAN be separate, BUT you get double marks for them being in the same picture.

Starlet; Yaris = 2 marks.
Starlet & Yaris = 4 marks.

Most marks gets the point.

What if, in bizzaro world, we got a Omni, Shadow, Aries, Neon and Caliber all in the same shot? Would that be 32 points? Or 8 points? Or what?
And what about Taurus-> Five Hundred -> Taurus? I ask the first so I can get the way the points work. I ask the second because I know where there is one every day.

Your wish is my command ;) Feel free to let me know if any of these don't count. Sorry for the poor quality of my cell phone on some of them, when you zoom in, it reduces the resolution.

BMW 328i
bmw328iiq1.jpg

Ford Taurus SHO
taurusshoce0.jpg

Chrysler PT Cruiser
ptcruiserng6.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (Where's the spoiler? Perhaps a rebadged regular lancer? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could verify)
lancerevokn9.jpg

Audi A4
audia4ip1.jpg

Dodge Avenger
dodgeavengerfu0.jpg

Dodge Intrepid
dodgeintrepidzu1.jpg

Dodge Ram 1500
dodgeram1500ii1.jpg

Dodge Stratus
dodgestratusrf0.jpg

'05+ Ford Mustang GT
fordmustanggttq4.jpg

Honda Accord Sedan
hondaaccordsedanug1.jpg

Honda Fit
hondafitzh7.jpg

Honda Odyssey
hondaodysseyfu8.jpg

Hyundai Tiburon GT
hyundaitiburongtmv6.jpg

Infiniti G20
infinitig20kf4.jpg

Mazda6
mazda6se3.jpg

1st Gen Mazda MX-5 Miata
mazdamx5eu7.jpg

Mazda Protege
mazdaprotegekb6.jpg

mazdaprotege2wl1.jpg

Mercury Cougar
mercurycougarhj9.jpg

Toyota Prius
toyotapriusxy8.jpg

toyotaprius2cf4.jpg

Volkswagen Golf IV
vwgolfivbs1.jpg

Volkswagen New Beetle (that pulled out in front of me and slammed on its brakes :grumpy:)
vwnewbeetlekk8.jpg

Not that this matters, but I totally know where you took those photos...

Oh, also had a question about trims. What about body styles? For example, the Prius pictures I posted above. Technically both body styles were in GT4, but is that still only worth 1 point? And just so that I'm completely clear on this, an Integra RS or LS won't count, but an Integra GSR or Type R will, correct?

Not that this matters, but I totally know where you took those photos...

Shh, it's mine for the picking ;) The girl that bought my old car goes to Aquinas so you might see it there on occasion. I saw it right near the soccer/football field once. It was a '98 white Nissan Altima GXE with aftermarket 15" wheels. It used to be in pristine condition but I see that she got a scrape on the front right of the bumper and a scrape on the rear bumper. She must not be one for parking ;) She left my Nismo license plate on the front though. By the way, I consider Grand Valley to be quite a handicap. Do you know how hard it is to find decent cars here? :D Also, it's really awkward to take pictures of random cars with everyone watching you, wondering what the heck you're doing. :indiff:

I do it all the time walking through the parking lot on Leonard when I go to class... People stare and then move about their business. Thing is at AQ, cars are really nice or really crappy... There isn't always a happy medium...

I do it all the time walking through the parking lot on Leonard when I go to class... People stare and then move about their business. Thing is at AQ, cars are really nice or really crappy... There isn't always a happy medium...

There's always a really nice Subaru WRX STi parked at the downtown GVSU campus so I plan on getting a picture of that tomorrow. That's probably one of the nicest cars here. I've seen many more cars than the ones I've posted as well, but I couldn't get a good shot of them since I was driving. I saw a DeLorean parked at a local car shop here as well. I can't remember the name of the street, however. Hopefully it's still there when I drive by there again :)

Best car I ever saw on the lot was a Panoz IV, one of less than 200. A kid in my class has a brand-new GLI (just as odd as I am), not to mention the folks with the Trailblazer SS, Volvo V70R, etc...

East Grand Rapids, what can I say? ;) Around this side of Grand Rapids, you'd be lucky to see anything more than a Grand Prix or Taurus.

I live on the South East side (near East Kentwood High School) and its the exact same way. I grew up in Forest Hills though (my Dad still lives there), those were good times. When the kids are driving $80K worth of Lexus and Mercedes for their first car, yeah, thats special. Particularly when I had a $1200 Volkswagen!

What if, in bizzaro world, we got a Omni, Shadow, Aries, Neon and Caliber all in the same shot? Would that be 32 points? Or 8 points? Or what?

Assuming that to be a string of successor vehicles, 10 marks. 5 for the members of the chain, doubled for the photograph with all in.

And what about Taurus-> Five Hundred -> Taurus? I ask the first so I can get the way the points work. I ask the second because I know where there is one every day.

Oooh, I'm not sure. Is the 2nd Taurus a successor to the first, or to the Five Hundred? Or to both? I'd have to look that up. I'm not particularly happy about a model having its name changed and then changed back again, but I'll check into it.

1 mark per member of chain. Any photo with more than 1 chain member in = double marks for that photo.

Oh, also had a question about trims. What about body styles? For example, the Prius pictures I posted above. Technically both body styles were in GT4, but is that still only worth 1 point? And just so that I'm completely clear on this, an Integra RS or LS won't count, but an Integra GSR or Type R will, correct?

Exactly right on all counts.

I'm not about to sit and pick through 1990 NSX, 1992 NSX Type R, 1993 NSX, 1995 NSX, 1995 NSX Type S, 1995 NSX Type S Zero, 1996 NSX, 1996 NSX Type S, 1997 NSX, 1997 NSX Type S, 1997 NSX Type S Zero, 2001 NSX and 2002 NSX Type R. I don't have enough of my life left. You get any one of those and you get a mark. You get an NSX that isn't there (or, assuming I've missed some out, that wasn't in a GT game ever) and you don't get a mark.

I saw an NSX this morning.

Incidentally, excellent job on those so far.

just another question, since I'm so picky... obviously there are some cars we don't get, so those are no contest. However, regarding cars like the Fiat Punto HGT Abarth... does any Fiat Punto count?

There's also the matter of "equivalents"... the Toyota Tacoma, for instance, which we don't get. We do get the Toyota Hilux, is that one valid?

Feel free to answer or not... the category's kinda broad, so there'll be tons of questions.

just another question, since I'm so picky... obviously there are some cars we don't get, so those are no contest. However, regarding cars like the Fiat Punto HGT Abarth... does any Fiat Punto count?

No. But that car is the Punto GT, which does count.

There's also the matter of "equivalents"... the Toyota Tacoma, for instance, which we don't get. We do get the Toyota Hilux, is that one valid?

Yep - the Tacoma is a rebadged Hilux. BUT it must be the same Hilux as the Tacoma in GT4... Same generation and body style.

Thanks for answering my question, makes sense, thanks. YSSMAN - I remember I had to take my ACT at Forest Hills, I remember when I walked into that school with the TV monitors right in the entry way, definitely a step up from where I went. I think that would be the area to go to get some good pics of some luxury cars ;)

More cars!

Infiniti G35 Coupe:
infinitig35yl9.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sedan:
subarustiuz9.jpg

Subaru Legacy Wagon:
subarulegacywagoniy4.jpg

BMW 740iL:
pa170296uv8.jpg

Honda Element:
hondaelementdu9.jpg

Lexus SC400:
pa170299ah4.jpg

Another Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (with the wing this time!):
lancerevolutionbv7.jpg

Mercedes-Benz SL500:
mercedessl500la8.jpg

Pontiac GTO:
pa170302hw0.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality on the GTO. I would've gotten out and taken the picture but the owner was walking towards it and I didn't want him to get mad at me for taking a picture of his car :D

The rain hampered my progress today as I saw a ton of nice cars that I didn't have pictures of yet, but it was pouring and I didn't want to get my camera wet. There was an Audi A3, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (06+), Eagle Talon, Mini Cooper, BMW M-Coupe, and a few others that I forget. The ones I did get pictures of however,

-drum roll-

The DeLorean!
deloreanlx7.jpg

Honda Accord (pretty sure this was the one in GT4, took this pic yesterday):
accordlxihm0.jpg

Volvo S60:
volvos60bk9.jpg

Just for laughs, I like to call this "The Grand Valley Special":
pa170292jb5.jpg

The DeLorean!
deloreanlx7.jpg

Is that downtown at the GVSU Campus? I know there are a few around here, but the closest one I knew of (with certainty) was back in Ada.

...I'm giving up on the GT category, you've got that one locked up...

(lolz)

The DeLorean was parked outside of a Mechanic's garage about 2 minutes from the downtown campus parking garage. I believe that building in the background might be part of GVSU but I've never been to it.

More pics:

The Ford Taurus & It's Successor: Ford Five Hundred (and back to the Taurus :D)
fordtauruspm9.jpg

fordfivehundredod7.jpg

Toyota Yaris (AKA Toyota Vitz):
toyotayariscd0.jpg

Toyota Celica (with a terrible paintjob):
toyotacelicavw2.jpg

Nissan 350z:
nissan350zyd8.jpg

Toyota MR2 (for sale, and also vandalized... poor car :()
toyotamr2xk2.jpg

I must be blind. I've tried to look.

Can someone tell me the current list please with deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back