The PC2 World Classic SeriesPS4 

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 98 comments
Race delayed, due to adverse weather conditions. New starting time 22:00 GMT.

For the record, the qualifying session times
20240630_164253.jpg

Ricardo ruled it today! :bowdown:

He was the fastest (made pole position once again), was unlucky at the start but in the second half of the race, when a strategic mind became needed, he was the one that made the right call! And he won, a very deserved win!

Can't post times (Ricardo can you post the pictures you took please, so half can do the scoring table) but here's the results:

1. GTP_RPREGO
2. Hun200kmh
3. FLAT_TWELVE
4. PANDACoff33
5. jmpa (DQ - pitlane speeding)
6. raeggee (DNF - pit crew error)

@half_sourly not sure how DQs and DNFs are usually treated (in the Monday's group) and I didn't think about this, so please do the scoring as you normally would in any Monday series and that becomes the rule. Many thanks!

Last edited:
Hello!

It was indeed a fantastic race. I tested quite a bit beforehand and managed to find a very fast setup, though still quite balanced in dry and wet. A special hint - front anti-roll bar can be adjusted in real-time....

So, I was able to get pole position with a cannon lap, without slipstream! But with a kleenex engine, it would overheat so quickly.

The race - hit from behind at the start! Then I had to overtake all the AIs, but I was 20secs behind Mario and Duarte.
When the first rain alert came I switched to wets and then I started gaining time to the guys ahead. I think they cooked their tires more than I did. So, when they stopped again for slicks, I became P1 and never lost it again, as they had to pit again for wets.

Not making mistakes was critical, Mario and Duarte are "killer white sharks" that smell blood from far away....
A very sweet victory for the books! Below is the final timesheet.

Really enjoying this series, count me in Mario for the Texas Nascar race!

Best wishes
Ricardo Prego

20240630_232551.jpg

This event was a lot of fun! Here's the rundown on how it happened from my point of view.

Qualifying was messy, I set a slow time on a first, and later when I was gunning for pole I got impeded in the last sector. Also, adding insult to injury, on the last turn I had to do a very wide entry because of the impeding car and, somehow, the current and next laps were canceled then and there due to track limits... This meant I couldn't do more laps and so, the slower lap held. Still it was good for 4th place, which isn't that bad at all.

Then the Race was fun! I had a strong start, got mixed in a cool fight with @Hun200kmh for the lead in the first two to three laps, came out on top and then settled in 1st place.

Rain came and we all went in for wets. I think I was the last to do it, lost a bit of time as the last sector on the in-lap it was quite wet, and then I activated the pit speed limiter way earlier than needed... All that summed up meant I got out of the pits just in front of @Hun200kmh.

I think I had the edge on pace on both full wet and full dry conditions, albeit a very small edge, but on the cross-over conditions I was just completely off the pace. This meant that when the track was drying up, @Hun200kmh got by me and @GTP_RPREGO was catching very quickly.

When the track was good enough for slicks there were 20 minutes left in the race, so I contemplated not pitting and taking it to the end on the wet, which I assumed would be the opposite strategy to @Hun200kmh, and the one @GTP_RPREGO was going for. So I had a decision to make, either I keep the wets and try to hold off @GTP_RPREGO or I pit for slicks and hope the weather holds.

Since the pace difference was so big, I figured I wouldn't be able to hold off @GTP_RPREGO on the wets in the dry, so I decided to bet on the weather holding and taking advantage of fresh rubber and low fuel to set some qualy laps and hunt @GTP_RPREGO. Both options were big mountains to climb, but I figured this one was my best shot.

As expected, myself and @Hun200kmh went in for slicks and @GTP_RPREGO stayed out. After a quick and, again, very fun battle with @Hun200kmh after the pits, I settled in second and set my sights on @GTP_RPREGO. Shortly after this the radio call comes in: "We are expecting a major downpour in the next few minutes".

I don't think I would've been able to catch 1st place if it stayed dry, but when that message came through, that's when I was sure 2nd was the best result to be had. Myself and @Hun200kmh stopped for new wets and by the time we got out of the pits there were 6 minutes left on the clock and a gap to the leader of over 1 minute.

Congrats to @GTP_RPREGO, on a great and fully deserved win! I hope I can rise to your level next time!

Thanks @Hun200kmh for organising, already looking forward to the next one!

Cheers all!

Last edited:

Really enjoying this series, count me in Mario for the Texas Nascar race!

Nascar? Never crossed my mind, when I designed the championship I was thinking solely Classic Formula, GT and Prototype cars. So this was supposed to be a 1990's IMSA GTO race around the Texas Road Course.

But it isn't actually a bad idea to convert it into a NASCAR event, using the oval and limiting the GTOs to the "Nascar" car.

Still, I do like the GTO cars since @Zolon32 's GTE-to-GTO championship.

Have to ponder, if anyone wants to share an opinion, all are welcome.

Yeah ... we ran into some problems that delayed the start of the race, and for @PANDACoff33 this meant he would be unable to complete the full race. So, we all agreed to do a "sprint" race for fun (30 minutes) and reconvened at 10 PM to do the "event" race.

Btw, and speaking of non-championship races, just a reminder that we are going to do Le Mans again next Sunday, and again we are thinking about doing the race after watching the (British) F1 Grand Prix, so at about 4 PM.

Same settings as last time so anyone interested just has to check the previous page of this thread. But for you all lazy persons :sly: I'll make it easy to find: It's all
-----> HERE < -----​

Back