The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments
9.jpg

In case you've never watched Star Trek, Chekov speaks with a Russian accent. I would've put "Keptin".

...I thought it had more to do with the meme "creator" misspelling captain, but okay. I mean, it's quite common to see "you're" misspelled to "your" these days so I figured this one was yet another classic example of people's collective IQ declining rather rapidly in recent years.

As for the old 60s Star Trek, you're right, haven't seen any episodes other than brief snippets here and there. Not really my cup of tea.

That's a bit weird isn't it?
I gather Arby's isn't a chain commonly encountered in Australia, but it's not the sort of place you expect to find cultured patronage.

Edit: I should add that that was intended as a joke. I don't imagine Arby's is any worse than McDonald's or any other major chain that isn't KFC.

:D

Last edited:
I gather Arby's isn't a chain commonly encountered in Australia, but it's not the sort of place you expect to find cultured patronage.
I assumed he was talking about Joe kissing his kid. *shrugs*

I used to frequent the Arby's in Piccadilly Circus and nearby Taco Bell and Wendy's in the late 1980s but all three franchises pulled out of the UK. Taco Bell returned briefly but it was much worse. Wendy's are threatening a comeback so I hope the same doesn't happen to them. Sorry for the ramble.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was just going for humor by way of subverting expectation. It was made possible by the whole post being quoted rather than the attachment alone.
Has to explain own joke lol.

They all suck...

I'm not sure that pro-Trump pundits should be bringing up appropriate fatherly behaviour...

a-young-ivanka-trump-strokes-her-dads-face.png
That one's pretty tame. If anything, the creep factor is coming from Ivanka.

At least he's not going at her with lips that look like they could suck the chrome off of a trailer hitch.

1*_bYIVajJ4BqU49ubZHNg5w.jpeg

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with a parent showing affection for their child. That kind of affection isn't expected to be sexual in nature.

That said, I can't conceive of a scenario in which I'd wonder aloud if it's wrong to find my daughter more sexually attractive than my wife or say if she wasn't my daughter, I'd be dating her.

Marilyn was basically a living goddess. Not surprised even the President was fascinated by her.
“I’ll never forget the day Marilyn and I were walking around New York City, just having a stroll on a nice day. She loved New York because no one bothered her there like they did in Hollywood, she could put on her plain-Jane clothes and no one would notice her. She loved that. So, as we we’re walking down Broadway, she turns to me and says, ‘Do you want to see me become her?’ I didn’t know what she meant but I just said ‘Yes’ — and then I saw it. I don’t know how to explain what she did because it was so very subtle, but she turned something on within herself that was almost like magic. And suddenly cars were slowing, and people were turning their heads and stopping to stare. They were recognizing that this was Marilyn Monroe as if she pulled off a mask or something, even though a second ago nobody noticed her. I had never seen anything like it before.”

Marilyn was basically a living goddess. Not surprised even the President was fascinated by her.
The President was said to have multiple extramarital affairs. Back then reporters laid off this type of reporting. Everything was phony. Marilyn had plastic surgery enhancing her chin and breasts. Kennedy, widely beloved by schoolchildren, was perhaps the worst president ever and likely assassinated by a conspiracy according to the House Select Committee investigation of the Warren Report. Even today 18,000+ classified and redacted 50's and early 60's era CIA and FBI documents scheduled for release in 2017 remain classified and secret on grounds of vital national security...per Trump.

The President was said to have multiple extramarital affairs. Back then reporters laid off this type of reporting. Everything was phony. Marilyn had plastic surgery enhancing her chin and breasts. Kennedy, widely beloved by schoolchildren, was perhaps the worst president ever and likely assassinated by a conspiracy according to the House Select Committee investigation of the Warren Report. Even today 18,000+ classified and redacted 50's and early 60's era CIA and FBI documents scheduled for release in 2017 remain classified and secret on grounds of vital national security...per Trump.
At this point, I think I'd rather hear from Karl.

Back