• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,583 comments
0DE83349-BE43-4BF7-990F-5034BDCABA1C.jpeg

205C946C-CDF3-4873-8CF4-92BA72C26305.jpeg

2F3200B0-3819-4362-846B-4436F0BEA893.jpeg

30E4623C-1B11-462F-B7BF-2C188CE92841.jpeg

Heh.

Edit unrelated to the above "Heh":

Full disclosure: I don't approve of the apparent implication that we should wait until we touch ground to detach from the chute (an analogy for COVID-19 no longer posing any kind of threat to lift shelter orders).

However, it is a genuinely funny image. That's why I've gone ahead and clicked "Like".

Last edited:

Full disclosure: I don't approve of the apparent implication that we should wait until we touch ground to detach from the chute (an analogy for COVID-19 no longer posing any kind of threat to lift shelter orders).

However, it is a genuinely funny image. That's why I've gone ahead and clicked "Like".

For some countries, like the Netherlands, and probably some states in the US, I don't know the actual numbers about those, it's probably time to switch to a smaller parachute. Our numbers are going down fast, and we haven't been in full lockdown. Close contact jobs like dentists were closed but will re-open this week, with extended safety measures. No word about school, gyms, bars and restaurants just yet, but in my opinion apart from the schools, the others should be able to re-open but with a limited amount of visitors allowed. If the average supermarket or hardware store can handle it, a restaurant, theatre or bar should easily be able to limit the numbers.

No, it's not. What that article provides is an example of racism and "islamophobia". Not proof that "islamophobia" is racism. They are not exclusive. You can be racist and anti-Muslim. So examples of racism combined with anti-Muslim sentiments do not demonstrate that anti-Muslim sentiments constitute racism.

If someone assumes I'm Christian because I'm white, that does not make anti-Christian statements (including from me) racist.

Only if you're racist.
Substitute three or more of the following:

- a fool
- a danged fool
- a bigot
- a Fox News and/or OAN News viewer

There, that ought to satisfy. And in the event that it doesn't, consider whether it's somehow not apt or you just don't like it.

"Muslims" isn't a legitimate concern. Neither is "Muslims in government" a legitimate concern.

Frankly, I'm more concerned by the abundance of Christian zealots in the legislative who have a habit of disregarding the First Amendment's Establishment Clause and drafting legislation founded upon their religious views, all the while crying about supposed affronts to their free speech rights addressed in the very same First Amendment.

Furthermore, I question the amount of access those three* Muslims have to TOP SECRET GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS.

*Which three are they anyway? I gather two of them are Omar and Tlaib. Is there actually a third? Or is it just a brown person?

Back