The Subaru BRZ S '12 & Toyota 86 GT '12 ARE The SAME

• Thread starter Drift2011
  • 95 comments
Drift2011
I was look at the Subaru and though i saw it before when i realized its exactly like the 86 GT does anyone else notice this.

It is basically the same car. Toyota and Subaru built the car together. It is also the same as the Scion FR-S which is the North American version.

Thank you and i just thought of the Scion So why would they give out the first two free and not the third and whos idea was it to build three identical cars.

The 86GT, FR-S, and BR-Z S have completely different stock suspensions, the perform differently, and the FR-S is in left hand drive. The cars should not be regarded as the same in any way other than the body design.

The 86GT, FR-S, and BR-Z S have completely different stock suspensions, the perform differently, and the FR-S is in left hand drive. The cars should not be regarded as the same in any way other than the body design.

thanks for the clearing that up, but i was refering the the body still when i said the same

thanks for the clearing that up, but i was refering the the body still when i said the same

No problem. I was just generalizing with all the differences, wasn't really directing it at anyone. I'm just tired of people assuming they're the same without looking into it.:grumpy:

No problem. I was just generalizing with all the differences, wasn't really directing it at anyone. I'm just tired of people assuming they're the same without looking into it.:grumpy:

Yeah but... Yeah but... Dammit I wanna get MAD about something today!!!!

*Not directed at any particular individual.

The Subaru version like the 86 GT is a very nice 400 pp car. I tried it on the Cape Ring 500 PP A spec event to see if I could win with the car set around 400 - 410 pp like I could with the 86 GT. It performs just as well as the GT, which is my go to 400 PP car.

They are all the same and they are all junk. Why even bother putting 3 versions of the same garage car in the game when you could be adding cars we really want. But then again PD doesn't care about anything made outside japan.

Does the BRZ can get new GT auto stuff, Aero kit or wheels?
I wanted to wait if theres any difference at all before buying it,
But I think I will save 1 bucks on this one.

User Obsidian-2 in another thread confirmed that they all handle the same and have the same specifications in GT5.

Yes they should because a body is not the only thing they share. Far from it, most of the mechanical parts are also shared. The only major differences are cosmetic and the different suspension setup of the Subaru.

I guess no one reads a cars description/info bit in gt5 then?
Probably for the best, all things considering.

"The Shelby Series One had 320 horsepower one year. Then after that it had 450. Do you know where all that extra horsepower came from? 'Cause we don't."

The actual answer is because the original cars weren't supercharged, but they wrote the description around its depiction in GT5 rather than how it actually was in real life; which, since the car is rather obviously wrong in GT5, makes it useless as something to go on. Nor are the descriptions consistent in regards to whether it is describing the car in game rather than real life or the car in real life rather than how it is represented in the game.

Last edited:
Hyped
The cars should not be regarded as the same in any way other than the body design.

IRL these two cars ARE different, BUT in GT5 they are not. With the use of a fully upgraded suspension it is possible to tune the 86 to be a BR-Z. The aesthetic looks are negligible and as such nobody, unless under close inspection, would tell the difference.

Yes they should because a body is not the only thing they share. Far from it, most of the mechanical parts are also shared. The only major differences are cosmetic and the different suspension setup of the Subaru.

Yes, exactly. Well said. 👍

I think I will save 1 bucks on this one.

I could not agree more. LOL

I passed on buying the BRZ.

I just added a wing on my GT-86, painted it WR Mica Blue (from Subaru), lowered it slightly and slightly stiffened it and called it a day. :sly:

aadil717
I passed on buying the BRZ.

I just added a wing on my GT-86, painted it WR Mica Blue (from Subaru), lowered it slightly and slightly stiffened it and called it a day. :sly:

You just made a BR-Z. You should work for Subaru, or PD. (maybe you do… hmmmmm)

nealcropper
You just made a BR-Z. You should work for Subaru, or PD. (maybe you do… hmmmmm)

:lol: Seeing everyone moan about DLC and what's wrong, what's not good enough etc. I think I'd pass on working for PD. Subaru would be cool though...

Interesting comment, considering 95% of all car reviewers liked the car. Please, tell me more about how it drives in real life.

It doesn't matter how "it" drives in real life this is a video game.

I look at this car like the RX8 or miata, They are junk cars made for people who can't afford real sports cars. The fact that they put three of them in one game is laughable.

This is an advertisement for one single car made 3 times over hoping you like one of the badges on the front.

kingstang5oh
It doesn't matter how "it" drives in real life this is a video game.

This is an advertisement for one single car made 3 times over hoping you like one of the badges on the front.

This, so much this.

I edited it

Last edited:
Only their mother can tell them appart...

3pwh3j.jpg

Insert elipsis for effect.

Does the BRZ can get new GT auto stuff, Aero kit or wheels?
I wanted to wait if theres any difference at all before buying it,
But I think I will save 1 bucks on this one.

The bodykit for the BRZ is indeed a different one than the one shared by the Toyota/Scion, it's slightly more angular in the way it's styled, which makes sense as the front end of the BRZ is slightly more angular (rear bodykit section could be the same though).
There's also a third wing option offered additional to the ones available for the Toyota/Scion and the wheel selection is entirely the same as for the other two.

Back