The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,312 comments
- At the moment there is only one engine swap option per car;

- The inability to specify in the wishlist the color and maximum mileage limit of a car we are interested in;

- The lack of a notification system like Gran Turismo Sport regarding profile activities and social sharing;

- The impossibility at the moment of reselling parts that i don't need or use, even though there is a recommended retail price;

- There is no option to hand over the host role in online rooms like in Gran Turismo Sport, it's really annoying to be kicked out of the room because the host left the game;

- There is no possibility of modifying the tire pressure;

- There is no possibility of modifying the turbo pressure;

- When i want to change even just the color some cars, i'm forced to give up the stickers or the original livery, i find it really annoying, because when i look for and install the original stickers they come out of low quality. I would have preferred an option that asked me if i would like to keep the stickers or the original livery or not;

- You cannot insert bots to fill some spaces in online rooms like Gran Turismo PSP.

Last edited:
- The impossibility at the moment of reselling parts that i don't need or use, even though there is a recommended retail price;

- There is no option to hand over the host role in online rooms like in Gran Turismo Sport, it's really annoying to be kicked out of the room because the host left the game;

- There is no possibility of modifying the tire pressure;

- There is no possibility of modifying the turbo pressure;

- When i want to change even just the color some cars, i'm forced to give up the stickers or the original livery, i find it really annoying, because when i look for and install the original stickers they come out of low quality. I would have preferred an option that asked me if i would like to keep the stickers or the original livery or not;

- You cannot insert bots to fill some spaces in online rooms like Gran Turismo PSP.
Some good points here. Yeah especially the trans am, let me keep all that gold pinstriping and change out the colour.

Some good points here. Yeah especially the trans am, let me keep all that gold pinstriping and change out the colour.

Yep. Trans Am, and the 930 Turbo. You lose the chip guards on the back wheelarches, but you also lose half of the almost-but-not-quite-black around the bumpers in particular but I think also on the whale tail? You lose half of that but not all of it and you can recolour it as part of the body detail but then you have to try match the colour and finish to the almost-black that didn't get painted over.

Countach (I think it was the Countach at least) ends up with some weird colour changes around the door window frames... painting cars was simple in GT5. There weren't many options but you couldn't mess it up. Now we have all this freedom but it's irrationally difficult to replicate a colour change that you could have done easily in GT5 or 6.

Yep. Trans Am, and the 930 Turbo. You lose the chip guards on the back wheelarches, but you also lose half of the almost-but-not-quite-black around the bumpers in particular but I think also on the whale tail? You lose half of that but not all of it and you can recolour it as part of the body detail but then you have to try match the colour and finish to the almost-black that didn't get painted over.

Countach (I think it was the Countach at least) ends up with some weird colour changes around the door window frames... painting cars was simple in GT5. There weren't many options but you couldn't mess it up. Now we have all this freedom but it's irrationally difficult to replicate a colour change that you could have done easily in GT5 or 6.
I don’t remember GT5 being all that customizable, change car colour, change rim colour. That was it.

I appreciate what we have now. Not sure about the 930 turbo but I know the trans am if you just apply a decal, you can at least keep that black trim black. Maybe the 930 you can do the same. Will stay limited to solid colour though, no metallic colors.

I don’t remember GT5 being all that customizable, change car colour, change rim colour. That was it.

I appreciate what we have now. Not sure about the 930 turbo but I know the trans am if you just apply a decal, you can at least keep that black trim black. Maybe the 930 you can do the same. Will stay limited to solid colour though, no metallic colors.

You are correct. GT5 only allowed paint colour and wheel colour changes. My point was, when you changed a colour of a car, it changed the bits that had colour and left the rest alone. You didn't lose trim colour, bumper colour, and I don't remember if any road cars had decals to lose but if you just wanted to change the paint colour of a car, it worked. GT7 gains a lot of options and they're brilliant, but we've lost the simple ability to just change the paint colour without messing something else up.

It makes no sense to me why they couldn't add features to the customisation without also breaking the bits that already worked well.

EDIT: I'll try your point about applying a decal. I tried work around this by saving the original as a style and as a livery because when you have a customised car, you don't have to paint all first. You can select the parts to paint. And move decals around. I couldn't get it to work because as long as it was original colour, it always makes me paint all first.

Either way I'll give it another go.

Last edited:
something that must be very easy to reverse for PD people:

when you launch a rerun for the TTs, for example, of course, of course you want to see how fast the alien you're watching is going, what gear he's in in such and such a bend, his braking points etc......

well, no, you have to press options and choose “do you want to see all the data”, restart the video .... etc.....😡😡😡

whereas it should be the other way round, the 2% who watch and don't want to see the data, delete them, but the 98% of those who ask to see the replay of an alien's lap, see how he does it and therefore see his dashboard.....

am I right or not??......and it can't be hard for PD to change that......🤔🤔

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

something that must be very easy to reverse for PD people:

when you launch a rerun for the TTs, for example, of course, of course you want to see how fast the alien you're watching is going, what gear he's in in such and such a bend, his braking points etc......

well, no, you have to press options and choose “do you want to see all the data”, restart the video .... etc.....😡😡😡

whereas it should be the other way round, the 2% who watch and don't want to see the data, delete them, but the 98% of those who ask to see the replay of an alien's lap, see how he does it and therefore see his dashboard.....

am I right or not??......and it can't be hard for PD to change that......🤔🤔

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
It's my theory that PD don't want the HUD cluttering up the screen by default.

I reckon almost no-one would bother to turn it off and every online video or screenshot would have too much going on on the screen for their liking.

maybe, but no.....

if, come on, say 90% activate the “see all data” button, they only earn 10%......🤔🤔

but I don't hold out much hope for that to change......it's rumored that PD people were among the largest contingent at the Paris Paralympics.....😕

poor people, they're blind, deaf and dumb.....we can always ask GT7 for changes......☹️😡😂😂

Just remembered an annoying feature last night. In my opinion, this is how saving car setups should work.

Make changes, before you exit, it should ask if you want to save changes. Should be an overwrite option or a save as option. Rather than duplicating, renaming and then making changes.

I’ve lost settings because I forgot to duplicate first. Most computer programs when you click file, you scroll down to save or save as. Unless you use a keyboard shortcut to just save it.

How it works right now seems backwards to me.

The one thing that really bothers me is not showing us what tires are currently on our cars. I don’t know how many times I’m trying to match up a pp and tires, think one car will work, hop in, dam it’s got racing tires and I need sports tires. Or I hop in, it’s got comfort tires and I need sports tires and it’s already over the pp limit.

Just remembered an annoying feature last night. In my opinion, this is how saving car setups should work.

Make changes, before you exit, it should ask if you want to save changes. Should be an overwrite option or a save as option. Rather than duplicating, renaming and then making changes.

I’ve lost settings because I forgot to duplicate first. Most computer programs when you click file, you scroll down to save or save as. Unless you use a keyboard shortcut to just save it.

How it works right now seems backwards to me.

The one thing that really bothers me is not showing us what tires are currently on our cars. I don’t know how many times I’m trying to match up a pp and tires, think one car will work, hop in, dam it’s got racing tires and I need sports tires. Or I hop in, it’s got comfort tires and I need sports tires and it’s already over the pp limit.
I also "lost" a few setups by forgetting to make a duplicate first. It doesn't bother me as much though, as you'd make a duplicate of your file before making any changes irl, too (the "save as" option doesn't do anything else than "duplicate sheet" in GT7 actually - saving an iteration of the current file under a new name). The only difference is GT7's auto saving on each change, rather than having the option to save when you want. A redo option would be a life saver in this scenario.

What bothers me a lot more is not being able to share the setup sheets between cars or players. Taking and sharing screenshots is such a waste of time, memory space and bandwidth. Forza did this ages ago.

Last edited:
A few things that may or may not have been mentioned..

- Two and a half years in and no American track has any rain. No weather changes aside from cloudy weather.

- The HUD has a lot of unnecessary icons on it. If I'm not concerned with the rain, let me remove the rain gauge. Let me remove or customize where the icons should go in the bottom of the screen since it's become so cluttered. If I have TCS, ASM, Headlights, or Counter steer assist off, it should either remove those icons or let me simplify the screen. I like that you can turn everything off, just let me choose something in between completely off and completely on.

- For the millionth time I'm sure, allow my to see the paint I'm buying on the car I'm currently in.

- A way to tell me that I have parts available (gifts) that are applicable to my car. It's not something I'm interested in doing every time I get in a new car, but the parts I win are so sporadic that I'm not sure what I even have to install.

It annoys me that in some of my custom races, the AI tend to do some silly stuff like run into other cars, hit the wall or run into the grass/sand. But it's too bad for them when I get the victory and cash for it.

I also "lost" a few setups by forgetting to make a duplicate first. It doesn't bother me as much though, as you'd make a duplicate of your file before making any changes irl, too (the "save as" option doesn't do anything else than "duplicate sheet" in GT7 actually - saving an iteration of the current file under a new name). The only difference is GT7's auto saving on each change, rather than having the option to save when you want. A redo option would be a life saver in this scenario.

What bothers me a lot more is not being able to share the setup sheets between cars or players. Taking and sharing screenshots is such a waste of time, memory space and bandwidth. Forza did this ages ago.
Well with save as, you’d be less prone to forgetting as it stops you before overwriting. That way it always protects a tune you may have. Essentially locks every tune and you have to make a conscious effort to overwrite it.

I agree we should be able to apply the same tune between same cars or even different cars… at least suspension setups anyway. And 100% we should be allowed to share tunes with our PSN friends.
- Two and a half years in and no American track has any rain. No weather changes aside from cloudy weather.

- The HUD has a lot of unnecessary icons on it. If I'm not concerned with the rain, let me remove the rain gauge. Let me remove or customize where the icons should go in the bottom of the screen since it's become so cluttered. If I have TCS, ASM, Headlights, or Counter steer assist off, it should either remove those icons or let me simplify the screen. I like that you can turn everything off, just let me choose something in between completely off and completely on.
No American track weather, yes it would be great to have rain at any of them. Goodwood also would be nice with rain.

My simplest solution to the HUD would be they give us an assignable button option to turn the HUD on and off while racing. I’d also want an opacity option. I feel like that would be pretty fast and simple to do. The game looks so much better without that stuff on screen but sometimes you need it. I’d rather flip it on down a straight to glance at fuel, tires, race position and my lap times.

To me radar should be its own thing and should be done differently. Shouldn’t be in the bottom right of the screen. In my opinion it should just be colours at either side of the screen. Yellow, orange, red. Yellow is “car there” orange is closer, red is dangerously close. If could be a vertical coloured stripe or a dot.

They have something similar if you race with the chin scraping the pavement view. If somebody is close that side of the screen darkens. But only available if you race in that view, needs to be any view. I think colours would work better. If it was dots it could be the size of a gun sight in call of duty. Like a red dot sight. Put that dot maybe three inches off center to the left or right depending on which side the car is on, or both if you have a car on either side. It would be in field of view and the colour would be easy to see. Wouldn’t be intrusive at all and that way you could shut the hud off but still have radar on. Only flipping the HUD on when you need to see the info.

I would still like to customize the HUD but they’d never do that. Like the ability to move stuff around and shut certain things off.

I really wish they would eliminate a 100 million. Cap on The credits that we accumulate. I have been bouncing all around 99 million and I've got only 2 cars missing from the full list. I do not want to buy extras unless really necessary

Firstly, I agree the cap should be removed. I think it's a pointless limitation.

That said, if you have nearly all the cars you want, what are you going to spend more than 100M on? You can blow it on 5 new cars, which makes it a low limit on that part, but if you have the cars already, nothing else in the game eats money as quickly. On modifications and parts, I think it will take a lot longer to burn through 100M. Long enough that the cap won't matter.

A new engine should not reset mileage on the odometer, as per real life. There are a lot more components than just the engine that are still as worn as the old mileage and it'd be disingenuous to reset the clock.
I agree, i hadn't thought, I'm going to edit my post to remove that point.

Edit: Done.

Last edited:
A few things that may or may not have been mentioned..

- For the millionth time I'm sure, allow my to see the paint I'm buying on the car I'm currently in.

- A way to tell me that I have parts available (gifts) that are applicable to my car. It's not something I'm interested in doing every time I get in a new car, but the parts I win are so sporadic that I'm not sure what I even have to install.
I'd like the option for the recommended gear icon to be turned off and I've been asking since game launch. It's too distracting for me.

The "animation" when changing oil. Was "fun" the first time, now it is just plain annoying and you can't skip it. (Same for car wash and wide body but I use them less regularly)

I would still like to customize the HUD but they’d never do that. Like the ability to move stuff around and shut certain things off.
This just doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't give you the option though. If you could select certain icons on or off, it would just simplify the screen and the icons would by default move to more simplistic locations while still be organized.

I'm sure some of us have mentioned the weather could always be active at the top right of the screen with the wind info. No need to have it just in the MFD. That map could zoom in and out as well.

Latest Posts

Back