The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Sam DOES sell just the adapters with the button plates (pre-wired), with or without paddle shifters -- I'll search for the price on those and post that info later.

The base wheel adapter with button plate (7 buttons and 1 toggle) was about $250, and the paddle shifters added was another $40. This is the non-carbon fiber (as he didn't have it available yet as far as I know). He got the Sparco P310 wheel I requested (which was $240) and wired it all up, to include the two buttons on the wheel. All told, I paid about $520 before shipping.

It might sound like a lot, but it is top notch and worth every penny in my opinion.

I asked Sam and he said:

No sorry I do not make one with the standard paddles that move with the wheel. There is a guy who does but I don't know his name.

Sam .

Now i asked him if he has a Video or something else where i could contact him.

@JohnBodin

Can i buy the "Mini Plate" from Sam, + A Sparco Wheel, + rotating paddle mod? Would that work?

Ps: go to Youtube and search for TATARMK . He has exactly what i want. I will try to contact him.

Here it is:
http://youtu.be/gp-Q-7WsvLo

Last edited:
That looks like a cool setup, but way more involved than the factory style installation of the Maxwell wheels.

Anyone know what size screw fits these 6 holes? I'm trying to mount them to the wood that I'm essentially going to mount to my PVC rig
2lynf8.jpg

Thrustmaster Technical Support
On the pedal set:
* F1 position (floor-mounted) : Insert 2 M6 screws in two of the six Ø 8mm threaded holes located beneath the pedal set.

* GT/Rally position (suspended) : Insert two M6 screws in the two Ø 8mm threaded holes located beneath the pedal set.

Some “pedal set shelves” featured in certain current cockpit designs may require users to drill two additional holes for attachment purposes

Owing to its weight, the pedal set is intrinsically stable; it is therefore not necessary to attach it to a “pedal set shelf”.

"T500 RS Cockpit Fixations", from Thrustmasters Technical Support.
So, you're correct, John 👍.

Also, there's now an official guide on how to remove the static paddle shifters from the base, on the Technical Support-site (here) :D.

Last edited:
Not if you purchase them from a source that has already taken care of the licensing issues!

:cool:

Yes, obviously if one is licensed there would be no problem at all. I was referring to the specific case of the gentleman above who seems to be makin a few emblems for his own personal use.

Sounds like a plan to me!

:cool:

Not quite done, still have pedals and shifter to go.. but I didn't want to go to bed without giving you an update since I promised you I would tonight because I THOUGHT I was going to be done with it ><
but here it is!
20130608_000343_zps5332a42e.jpg

Not quite done, still have pedals and shifter to go.. but I didn't want to go to bed without giving you an update since I promised you I would tonight because I THOUGHT I was going to be done with it ><
but here it is!

I think you should buy a lamp :P. Kudos for your effort my friend!

I think you should buy a lamp :P. Kudos for your effort my friend!

To be completely honest with you I think my Galaxy S3 is going bad... it's not taking good pics at night anymore. I compared it to my buds Galaxy S3 and mine was definitely noticeably worse. It was even worse than my other friend with an iPhone 4!! :(
the garage is already pretty decently lit

but thanks bud, really appreciate it :)

guys, anybody have idea what type of potentiometer use for the throttle and clutch pedals ?

My warranty was off, and just now I made a swap between throttle and clutch assembly to keep current GT style layout.

Hopefully this will last for the next 2 years.

guys, anybody have idea what type of potentiometer use for the throttle and clutch pedals ?

My warranty was off, and just now I made a swap between throttle and clutch assembly to keep current GT style layout.

Hopefully this will last for the next 2 years.

I've kicked around the idea of a hall effect mod to address the pot wear-out issue, but I think my partner-in-crime Jonathan Gaug is working on a potential replacement pot for the T500 pedals. Not 100% sure on that, but if he's not, I'm sure that eventually we'll get around to addressing THAT aspect of the T500 pedals, since we already have the brake covered.

;)

Yes :) They are on order but I don't want to post the part number until I know for sure they work properly.

I've kicked around the idea of a hall effect mod to address the pot wear-out issue, but I think my partner-in-crime Jonathan Gaug is working on a potential replacement pot for the T500 pedals. Not 100% sure on that, but if he's not, I'm sure that eventually we'll get around to addressing THAT aspect of the T500 pedals, since we already have the brake covered.

;)

Yes :) They are on order but I don't want to post the part number until I know for sure they work properly.

Thanks for the response.
So far we have already covered most of the issues like fan, spings, and microswitches. Hope only small percentage will be having pots problem, but surely it would need solution /workaround.

I didn't disassemble the pot yet, but can we identify the ratings by doing measurement ?

Some clue, Mr Basher? :)

It's a 25K pot. However, the ohm rating on pots used in pedals is basically irrelevant due to the way in which they are used. :) A 10K or 100K or 50K, etc. would work just as well.

They are not the greatest pots though... The ones I ordered are relatively inexpensive and have a high cycle expectancy compared to most of the other pots out there. I'll know soon enough how they fair as they will be here Monday. (or should be)

It's a 25K pot. However, the ohm rating on pots used in pedals is basically irrelevant due to the way in which they are used. :) A 10K or 100K or 50K, etc. would work just as well.

They are not the greatest pots though... The ones I ordered are relatively inexpensive and have a high cycle expectancy compared to most of the other pots out there. I'll know soon enough how they fair as they will be here Monday. (or should be)

We need to research those Honeywell hall effect transducers that look like potentiometers to see if they have one that's the same physical size as the T500 pedal pots -- the Honeywell hall effect "pots" are a bit pricey (something like $30+ each, I think), but it would be a "lifetime" replacement with no wear-out. Just something to consider.

;)

Back