The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Any clubsport owner will tell you that their loadcells brake and need replacement at a faster rate then a regular potentiometer :)

But as you say there is different kind of loadcells but they are not the most reliable in the long run :). If you pick one used by cranes you could expect many years of use though ;)

I had CSPs, V.1s & V.2s, my first LC took 14 months to fail, no gripes there.
Your post suggests that your personal experience/view represents all others. :odd:
FYI: No ardent fan of the CSP's manufacturer, I no longer own their products. :lol:
My principal gripe with replacement of this consumable part was price + shipping. :mischievous:

Excuse the OT excursion. :D

Last edited:
I know one that replaced 10 loadcells. And there is many reports on Fanatec not willing to continue ship load cells. I didn´t use mine all that much yet they needed replacement because I do preferr a firm brake. The more pressure you put on them the sooner they brake and they do loose precision before they brake permanently. It´s a fact there is more issues then example for the G27 pedals.

Looking to get one after hating Fanatec's reliability problem.

Questions
1. Cheapest place to get? Ideally I would love just the wheel and wheel base since I am getting a custom wheel

2. Does it work with PS4? Is it confirmed? I heard yes...

3. I read a few posts here and it said t500 new version has load cell? really?

Last edited:
pressure sensitive resistor is a type of loadcell. And as I said there is load cells and there is load cells.

A pressure sensitive resistor is a type of load sensing device that works much like a load cell, and the term "load cell" is typically used pretty interchangeably, but a strain-gauge based beam-type load cell is a much different beast than a pressure-sensitive resistor, and they're designed for much greater durability and much higher maximum loads.

The PDF referenced by J. Bodin and LC Mod in the virtualr.net post (dated 5-9-2013) you have linked are for the same thing.

Damn, I guess John's LC is the only solution then. ISR said that they'd do a review of the 15kg one which I couldn't find, also they mentioned a revised version was in the works following their comments, so I will wait until that is ready.

ISR said that they'd do a review of the 15kg one which I couldn't find, also they mentioned a revised version was in the works following their comments, so I will wait until that is ready.
I thought ISR became a one-man show a few weeks ago, now with "guest" appearances by "new" friends. :sly:

Pretty sure Jason has filled the co host spot, plus Darin has a couple staffers that moderate forums, write reviews, ect...

Damn, I guess John's LC is the only solution then. ISR said that they'd do a review of the 15kg one which I couldn't find, also they mentioned a revised version was in the works following their comments, so I will wait until that is ready.

I opted to not produce the 15kg version -- I have produced one or two 15kg units as custom orders for folks who specifically wanted/needed a more light-weight pedal, but the price point would have been the same, and most folks with full racing rigs (or with their pedals otherwise hard-mounted) would have been dissatisfied with the 15kg unit, so it didn't make sense to go ahead with production.

What type of screw (diameter and length) is the single fastener screw for the quick release plastic collar that covers the steering shaft?

Last edited:
What type of screw (diameter and length) is the single fastener screw for the quick release plastic collar that covers the steering shaft?

Philips pan head thread forming screw for plastic

You can find them here.

parafuso.jpg

TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Info & Pic were previously posted on this thread by others.
I just happened to have saved it locally for future reference.

Don't have the time to trawl backward to locate it.
So, thanks to the original posters of the info. :)

Last edited:
Has anyone found an off the shelf mount or done something ingenious to the slot at the top of the wheel? I intend to use it to hold a mobile or 8 inch tablet so I can use dashboard or the plethora of other android driving apps whilst playing Assetto Corsa.

Gorilla Glue. That's what I use to mount my Android phone to my T500. It is simple, clean and doesn't attach so strong it can't be unattached

Has anyone found an off the shelf mount or done something ingenious to the slot at the top of the wheel? I intend to use it to hold a mobile or 8 inch tablet so I can use dashboard or the plethora of other android driving apps whilst playing Assetto Corsa.

I first found a speaker mount which I used velcro to snap on and off. Put a shell on it which I then clipped my Note 2 on.

I have since upgraded to a cheap holder that you attach to windshield on cars which is a bit more smoother to quickly connect and disconnect. Works great with my 365 mm rim my 5,5 or what it is note 2 fit perfectly between the T500RS top and below the upper half of the rim :)

Does the slot have dovetails? It looks like it does... I'm going to check when I get home. If so, making a mount wouldn't be too horribly difficult.

Oh, and great idea. Wish I'd thought of that!

Last edited:
Nice (edit: I meant no, not nice) dice, it's not a dovetail... I have another solution though. Maybe I'll post it up later.

Sorry, no suspense intended. A picture just does the job best and I don't have a good one I want to post right now.

Last edited:
Nice dice, it's not a dovetail... I have another solution though. Maybe I'll post it up later.

Sorry, no suspense intended. A picture just does the job best and I don't have a good one I want to post right now.

Great stuff. If the mount has a face with some kind of spring latch to hold 4" to 7-8" phones and tablets horizontally (similar to the windscreen mounts) it will look nice. Looking forward to what you come up with.

Hi. Wondering if I buy it from amazon I would need to buy an adapter because I live in Australia and not the US?
I think you might need to, but honestly I'm not sure. This quote, however, should help you out, I think:
The electrical current in Australia is 240/250 volts, AC 50Hz. The Australian three pin power outlet is different from that in North America so you will need an adapter socket. If your appliances are not 240/250 volts you will need a voltage converter. Universal outlets for 240V or 11 OV appliances are usually found in leading hotels.
http://askville.amazon.com/electric...ralia-month/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=2564574 👍

With any of those choices you lose buttons on your wheel. I'd rather keep the wheel buttons than have a new rim just for the sake of getting a new rim. That's what keeps me from getting the Ferrari GT rim.

A static button box is a much better alternative for moving wheel buttons though.

I'm going to get a Momo mod 78 in leather for my T500 at some point, had one in my Skyline and it was lovely. Already have a DSD adapter waiting for it.

Back