The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
It is unclear into which price category the T500 RS will fall, but as I mentioned above, there is no shifter attached, meaning it has a separate shifter, usually an H-shifter (making it a competitor of the G25/G27/GT3).

While it makes sense from an optimistic standpoint, I am reserved about anything relating to the GT series and take no information as no information... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some idiotic decision like "paddle shifters only, no seperate shifter" or "seperate sequetial shifter only" was the result of not seeing the shifter attached.

While it makes sense from an optimistic standpoint, I am reserved about anything relating to the GT series and take no information as no information... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some idiotic decision like "paddle shifters only, no seperate shifter" or "seperate sequetial shifter only" was the result of not seeing the shifter attached.

Yup you are exactly correct. There very well may be only paddles. look at their other wheels/peripherals. People are just too damn optimistic w/o seeing any facts. All the facts that I know about thrustmaster's past wheels lead me to believe the opposite of the OP.

Yup you are exactly correct. There very well may be only paddles. look at their other wheels/peripherals. People are just too damn optimistic w/o seeing any facts. All the facts that I know about thrustmaster's past wheels lead me to believe the opposite of the OP.

Not sure if anybody mentioned it thus far but actually slecting the wheel within the controller section of the options menu you can see the control layout is lacking any form of sequential shifter, something that can be seen on various other wheels.

Based on this I can for now only assume that the T500RS will be paddle shift only to my dissapointment.

I would fully agree with the above, and I know there is always the possibility, but I seriously don't think Kaz will make an official steering wheel without a clutch. Surely he isn't that stupid. :crazy:

EDIT: As for Thrustmaster, I know they've made lots of ****, but they have showed that they can make quality products with the Ferrari Wheel and recently the 'HOTAS Warthog'. And yeah I'm an optimist, and I think there's enough pessimism with all the rants in this forum.
:D

Last edited:
Holy #%&$

Twitter.. Kaz
$500ぐらい。ハイエンドなものです。RT @tomm_n: @Kaz_Yamauchi , could you tell us in which price range the Thrustmaster T500 RS will fall into? Thanks a lot!

Google Translate
About $ 500. Is a high-end. RT @ tomm_n: @ Kaz_Yamauchi, could you tell us in which price range the Thrustmaster T500 RS will fall into? Thanks a lot!

$500??? if that is true it better be the best wheel on the console market. Otherwise ROFL...

But in all honesty I hope they pull through with an amazing wheel and pedal/shifter set. I would then buy it if it was better. But I somehow have my doubts

Holy #%&$

Twitter.. Kaz
$500ぐらい。ハイエンドなものです。RT @tomm_n: @Kaz_Yamauchi , could you tell us in which price range the Thrustmaster T500 RS will fall into? Thanks a lot!

Google Translate
About $ 500. Is a high-end. RT @ tomm_n: @ Kaz_Yamauchi, could you tell us in which price range the Thrustmaster T500 RS will fall into? Thanks a lot!
What the....!! Now I need to know if it will include a H shifter and clutch.

Both of you got a point but, as the price has been mention they clearly know people will not pay $500 for something that doesn't come

1) Clutch - Pressure Sensitive
2) Separate H Pattern with some real feeling
3) Adjustable Load on the Brakes
4) Force Feedback Has to be Improved
5) Everything In GT can be done from it (Photomode You Need a DS3)
6) Pedals Have to be Adjustable
7) Must have a 1 Up on all other wheels.

With this $500 range now your talking about Frex GP setups.........

PD Don't Mess this up.

Both of you got a point but, as the price has been mention they clearly know people will not pay $500 for something that doesn't come

1) Clutch - Pressure Sensitive
2) Separate H Pattern with some real feeling
3) Adjustable Load on the Brakes
4) Force Feedback Has to be Improved
5) Everything In GT can be done from it (Photomode You Need a DS3)
6) Pedals Have to be Adjustable
7) Must have a 1 Up on all other wheels.

With this $500 range now your talking about Frex GP setups.........

PD Don't Mess this up.

I do not disagree. Lets see what happens here. I have a bad feeling.

I guess its pretty cool, at least for most people.
As for me, I had hoped it was going to be in the same price category as the DFGT, which I was going to buy before I heard of the T500 RS. I guess I can lower my hopes again and stick to my plan of buying the DFGT then.. :nervous:

I would fully agree with the above, and I know there is always the possibility, but I seriously don't think Kaz will make an official steering wheel without a clutch. Surely he isn't that stupid. :crazy:

EDIT: As for Thrustmaster, I know they've made lots of ****, but they have showed that they can make quality products with the Ferrari Wheel and recently the 'HOTAS Warthog'. And yeah I'm an optimist, and I think there's enough pessimism with all the rants in this forum.
:D

Have you not played the game? Yes, he would, but he's not the one making it.

Have you not played the game? Yes, he would, but he's not the one making it.

Fine, he wouldn't choose an official steering wheel that doesn't have a shifter. And now with the 500$ price tag I think its fairly obvious. :crazy:

I guess its pretty cool, at least for most people.
As for me, I had hoped it was going to be in the same price category as the DFGT, which I was going to buy before I heard of the T500 RS. I guess I can lower my hopes again and stick to my plan of buying the DFGT then.. :nervous:

Have you also looked at the Fanatec Carerra wheel?

the only thing new they can bring to the game is FFB pedals isnt it? add that to a seperate H shifter with clutch and thats a bit better isnt it?

Fine, he wouldn't choose an official steering wheel that doesn't have a clutch. And now with the 500$ price tag I think its fairly obvious. :crazy:

Wait he wouldn't??? WHAT ABOUT THE DFGT!! Did everyone completely forget that was suppose to be the official wheel when the game was set to release years back. It has no clutch.

Wait he wouldn't??? WHAT ABOUT THE DFGT!! Did everyone completely forget that was suppose to be the official wheel when the game was set to release years back. It has no clutch.

Sorry, I meant 'shifter'. My bad. :nervous:

Very interested to see how this new wheel stacks up. I had a G25 then a G27 and now have a GT3RSv2 with the clubsport pedals(hopefully clubsport shifter and eBrake next year). If its every bit as awesome as I would like it to be, I may have to upgrade.

the only thing new they can bring to the game is FFB pedals isnt it? add that to a seperate H shifter with clutch and thats a bit better isnt it?

What do you mean by FFB pedals? When your off-road accelerator harder to push? Stuff like that?

Have you also looked at the Fanatec Carerra wheel?

Don't know where they sell them in Belgium. And isn't it around 160€ for just the steering wheel, and then you have to buy the pedals separately, or am I mistaken? :nervous:

Let's think a minute about the T500RS price Yamauchi told us.
500 dollars, that's about 42000 japanese yen.
The official price from the japanese logitech website for the Logitech G27 in Japan is 37800 yen, which is 450 US dollars.

For the western market, it will probably end up being as expensive or slightly more expensive than the G27 in my opinion.

Don't know where they sell them in Belgium. And isn't it around 160€ for just the steering wheel, and then you have to buy the pedals separately, or am I mistaken? :nervous:

Nope, it is 160€ for Shifter (6 speed + Reverse), 3 pedal set AND wheel :)

DFGT was aim at the mainstream audience though... hence lower price tag and no clutch/H shifter.

I'm guessing(hope) Kaz figures since DFGT is out for the entry level crowd, this time around something very high end with all the bells and whistles.

wheel available for all budgets.

http://www.fanatec.de

Its 160 and you get:
* Force Feedback racing wheel
* Pedals with clutch
* 6+1 speed shifter

You don't get the clubsport pedals those are like ($150-200). But you do get pedals on the same level as the DFGT and other wheels and it has a clutch.

PWTS_pedals_02.jpg

Back