The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
A wheel that's more than my entire playseat setup. Are you even serious.

I lol in your face.

Yeah I'll stick with my G25.

Got a reply from Kaz concerning the wheel:

High-power motor, belt drive backlash-free, high-speed processing at low latency. You can feel the delicate and rich feel of the steering. RT @ jambogt

Remember what was said earlier about the G27 cost of $450 in Japan so maybe the new Thrustmaster will be in the ballpark of the G27/GT3.

As said before look at the current HOTAS Warthog setup that Thrustmaster is now selling for around $600. That's top notch high quality gear. It sounds like the new wheel is aiming to be in that category. I'm guessing it's going to be in the price range of the G27/GT3 in which case the market will adjust and we will all benefit from lower prices from Logitech and Fanatec.

It's unclear whether this new wheel will have one or more motors (the Logitech G27 has got two).
The japanese language doesn't normally have a plural form, so it could be either "motor" or "motors".

I certainly hope this wheel is quieter and better than the G25.

I love the G25. I adore it..not quite got the money for a G27 but i read thats an improvement but similar to the G25.

If the T500RS is reviewed to be better than a g27, quieter on the feedback and is FULLY supported with GT5 (h shifter and clutch) then i may very well save for one.

Id expect it would be around £400-£500 in the UK if its $500. :nervous:

I certainly hope this wheel is quieter and better than the G25.

I love the G25. I adore it..not quite got the money for a G27 but i read thats an improvement but similar to the G25.

If the T500RS is reviewed to be better than a g27, quieter on the feedback and is FULLY supported with GT5 (h shifter and clutch) then i may very well save for one.

Id expect it would be around £400-£500 in the UK if its $500. :nervous:

As it is belt driven it shall be quieter for sure!

Another nice feature I'd like to see on a "high end device" like this would be a wheel that is not Playskool-sized. One with a diameter that's closer to that of a real car. Been aching to replace the kiddie-sized wheel on my G25 with a big car wheel for a while, but just never got around to it.

I'd be surprised if I were the only person interested in a larger diameter wheel. Anyone else?

Pyro

Another nice feature I'd like to see on a "high end device" like this would be a wheel that is not Playskool-sized. One with a diameter that's closer to that of a real car. Been aching to replace the kiddie-sized wheel on my G25 with a big car wheel for a while, but just never got around to it.

I'd be surprised if I were the only person interested in a larger diameter wheel. Anyone else?

Pyro

I'm interested in a larger wheel too. I wonder how much a larger wheel with higher centripetal force would stress the motors over the long term though. I'd wager they were designed to handle a certain weight and diameter.

Could someone ask him if the wheel diameter is going to be any larger for me? I'd appreciate not having to get into the whole "twitter, twittah, twittee" thing, lol.

Yes, for a change. Although he refuses to answer my question on the pricing of the separate H-shifter. :dopey:

Haven't got an answer on my E30 M3 Or E36 M3 either.....But they know that this is superb viral marketing & it will build the anticipation level tremendously. I feel sorry for all the fanatec and G27 owners because He says it has a clutch and H gate & He is Co-signing it HEAVY. This might be the one. :nervous:

Well, at least there is some competition out there now so Logitech don't have a monopoly in the market.

However, as an owner of both a Logitech G25 and (previously) a Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 wheel, I can vouch that Logitech products are far more sturdy and hard-wearing. Of course, I don't have a clue what this new wheel will be like, but the F430 was a wheel that cost £40 less than my G25 - and the quality was inferior in most ways.

The G25 hasn't gone wrong in nearly two years - TWO F430 wheels broke in 6 months.

I'm not a G25 fanboy - as I've had experience with top of the line products from both companies - but I'm still skeptical about the quality of the products the company produces.

Of course, I could be - and hopefully am - wrong about their new wheel.

Pyro

Ideally the T500RS should come with QR (quick release) connection so that anyone could use wheels of their choice. Not only that, you could use the correct steering wheel size when driving F1 car (smaller wheel) or Rally (larger) and normal GT/production cars.

Ideally the T500RS should come with QR (quick release) connection so that anyone could use wheels of their choice. Not only that, you could use the correct steering wheel size when driving F1 car (smaller wheel) or Rally (larger) and normal GT/production cars.

it also comes with handlebar attachments (like the old paperboy arcade game) for the upcoming motorbike DLC....

lol.

Thrustmaster -was- THE steeirng wheel device maker in the end of the 90's. But when Guillemot bought them, their quality got down... But since they released their F430 wheel I'm getting more confident with them... For the first time in 7 years or so, they brought out a decent wheel.

I still get a warm feeling when I see the Thrustmaster T2...
bc8r2x8o4gmivpcdk.jpg

Hehe! that was my very first wheel too. :)

That is a lot of cash!

I am more interested in what PD is doing (if anything) to add full support to the G25/27 as he mentioned...

That is a lot of cash!

I am more interested in what PD is doing (if anything) to add full support to the G25/27 as he mentioned...

This is what he said about it (on twitter):

Dlaumor: Why are the G25 / G27 still not supported?
K. Yamauchi: Pedal pitch is too narrow. I have big feet. This is a joke but, the problem is quite substantial. RT

:confused:

500 bucks Kaz dosent realize there is a recesion goin on. I was barely able to afford the collectors edition been a year and still looking for a better job

I hate to say it but with how many GT fans there are in the world, the truth is this thing would sell. This must be seriously high end though. With the G25/27, they're nice, but they still kind of feel like cheap plastic videogame wheels. If this thing actually felt like it was a serious machine, worthy of actually going in a nice car, I might consider it.

I could buy a real car for $500.

Now, I admit, I didn't read the whole thread. The only thing that would make me even possible consider this as an income tax pick up would be if it had a working clutch with force feedback. But still $500?!?!? That's ludicrous!!!

This is what he said about it (on twitter):

:confused:

Yet another nothing answer... I assume it has something to do with how the firmware handles things that aren't standard on the PS3 thus passing button names the PS3 can't address perhaps... I wish they could just give at least that much info like "it's firmware incompatability on the wheel" or something.

I paid $220 on amazon for my G27 and it's more then fine for GT5. Other then being able to reprogram the front buttons the clutch works properly, the paddle shifters work and even the rev lights on the wheel light up correctly. Don't think I'll be interested in this wheel at this point.

How do I make a URL that redirects to a certain tweet, I can only get a URL of Kaz's twitter page, not the actual tweet. Would be nice if someone would let me know. 👍

The $500 price tag actually makes me feel happy...

Seeing how all previous GT-branded wheels are low to mid range wheels, I wasn't expecting this new wheel to be any better than G25/G27. Now the $500 price tag suggests that this wheel would be a higher end product than G25/G27, a product category that was previously non-existence for the console market. For the PC market, there is a huge gap between G25/G27 (and the Porsche 911 wheels) and higher-end simulator quality wheels. I suppose this wheel should also work on the PC, and if this is the case then this is a good news for those who want a better wheel than G25/G27, but are not ready to shell out 1-2k for super high-end wheels.
I was surprised in the ISR interview with Dale Earnhardt Jr that even though he races (Iracing) with a $600+ CST pedals he still use a G27 wheel. He said he tried more expensive wheels (no doubt he could afford it) yet claim g27 wheel is as good as any. When it comes down to it, it seems the driver makes more of a difference than the wheel itself.

At that price point it better be a world beater. My DFGT is dying already after a year (and i hardly used it for prologue) and with the G27 being discontinued I need a new wheel.

Back