The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
(G)
At that price point it better be a world beater. My DFGT is dying already after a year (and i hardly used it for prologue) and with the G27 being discontinued I need a new wheel.

Where did you read the G27 was being discontinued?

It's belt drive, so it'll be quiet unlike the Logitechs and smooth, without that jolt you get in any Logitech wheel.
That's the thing that make Logitech wheels feel unlike a real car and not so good for drifting feel

Being qualified by Thrustmaster and Kaz, as high end, high quality product,
we can be sure this new wheel will be a better product than the G25 / G27.
That's great news!

Yet, with this unofficially announced WTF TBD price, i no longer have the enthusiasm that i had a few days back/ago.

This price is going to be a big hurdle. I can spend it! But come ON!! GT5 remains a game after all. Certainly a fun and great game, but I also have a life outside of GTPlanet and PSN and PS3 social network.

I have my future to tend to, and i am sure many of us are not that wealthy either.

It would have been smarter from Thrustmaster to have two products, one that directly challenges and competes against the G25/G27, and this one.

But as is, i dont think i will buy it at all. I guess I will stick to my DFGT, save my money for something else, a trip to Cancun or Hawaii etc etc.

This price, What a turn OFF.

$500 starting price for a high-end wheel sounds about right. I simply won't be able to play with it unless i can sub-consciously convince my wife to get for me on our anniversary.

Well this is just great. I was hoping it would be in the 150-250 price range. Guess I'll just have to go with the G27 then.

As long as this causes the DFGT and G27 to drop in price I am happy.

No way I am spending $500 for a toy .. a toy that needs another toy played on another toy to work.

A critical question for Yamauchi regarding this wheel would be:
"Will I need to get the H-shifter in order to use the T500RS clutch pedal with GT5?"

With the Logitech G27, it's not possible to use the clutch pedal in GT5 if the paddle shifter is used instead of the H-shifter, as far as I know.

It's all good guys chill out; consider this new wheel 'a moving forward in Motorsport simulation'. Plus its options, yeah it might be $500+ To get the whole package now, but it's brand new, cutting edge tech. Give it a while and the price will lower. This new wheel being endorsed by PD could see great changes in the Wheel manufacturing, with competing companys also enticed to bring something new to the market.
I personally cannot wait to see what advancements in simulation this new wheel brings!:dopey:👍
R*

I wonder if the ISR guys have this yet? I know that Logitech sent them the G27 in advance to review it. It doesn't seem like this wheel is that far off given that Kaz has all the details on it.

Once again, let's remember that the G27 in Japan has a retail price of 450$; regarding the T500RS, Yamauchi might have referred to japanese prices.

Am I the only one that thinks it would be great to not have to buy new nearly 200 dollar, or in this case 500+ dollar, wheel everytime a new GT game comes out? How about making the games compatible with the stuff thats already out.

Also at 500+ dollars for this I will definitly be passing. No way the wheel can be worth that much I dont care how nice it is.

As the ad says this isn't going to be a wheel for everyone, if it is too expensive there are other options, DFGT G25 etc, you don't have to buy it!

Am I the only one that thinks it would be great to not have to buy new nearly 200 dollar, or in this case 500+ dollar, wheel everytime a new GT game comes out? How about making the games compatible with the stuff thats already out.

Also at 500+ dollars for this I will definitly be passing. No way the wheel can be worth that much I dont care how nice it is.

Doesn't GT5 have support for every official GT wheel going all the way back to the GT Force that was created for GT3? I know some are frustrated about the G25/G27 stuff, but those aren't official wheels and Logitech even advertised them as PC wheels.

High end or not....I have to ask, just HOW much better will it be than any other wheel. It's certainly not going to be $250+ better than my G27.

If you get it, great. I'll stick with what I have.

So the rev lights on a g27 dont work in gt5 :(?

Like anyone cares about them./ When you're driving you don't see them at all since you're looking at your screen and not looking at your wheel. Also they're far too small.

To me the price point doesn't matter because I know I won't be purchasing @ release date. I will wait till all the Youtube reviews come out and wait for it to appear on craigslist lol. But if it is solid and I have the cash it will be mine.

Keep in mind $500 doesn't necessarily mean you will get a clutch, a shifter or that it will be a great wheel.

Here is a Thrustmaster product that retailed for $500 and I wouldn't be surprised if PD went with Thrustmaster for GT5 just to get something similar.

http://www.gamesmen.com.au/catalog/...-26968.html?osCsid=prjfocsrgc8ubbke6navm679n1

EDIT: I didn't see the latest tweets when I posted this, Kaz has confirmed clutch and optional H shifter.

Last edited:

Uh, news flash. It is. I have a Driving Force Pro which I bought after GT4 came out and it is compatible. It is also compatible with the Driving Force, Driving Force EX and DFGT.

It is also partially compatible with the G25, G27, Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel and various Fanatec wheels. Just FYI.

$500??!?! I've already spent close to that much for my playseat and driving force GT ... unless this wheel comes with a pair of lips, I'll pass.

Back