The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
I do hope those are not speakers. Other than that, looks very nice. Fingers crossed it's vents required for super fancy ffb. Shame no lights or dials too.

Last edited:
I do hope those are not speakers. Other than that, looks very nice. Fingers crossed it's vents required for super fancy ffb. Shame no lights or dials too.

More like air vents, it gets hot inside :)

---

Note the mode button and other buttons on the wheel base unit. It could allow adjustments like the Fanatecs
Wheel can be removed

Main specs:
•Realistic steering wheel
•30cm in diameter with brushed metal radio stations
•Removed (as it allows subsequent updates)
•Authentic levers sequential gearbox polished metal

Force Feedback:
•Accurate Technology HallEffect Thecnology HEART
•Ultra wheel, with resolution of 16 bits (65,536 values in the address)
•Industrial motor force feedback (150 mNm torque, 3000 rpm, 65 W, 52mm)
•Powerful Force Feedback rapid response t
•Plug motor drive
•Mechanisms with large double straps
•Adjustable angle of rotation up to 1080 º (3 full turns)

Pedals:
•With 2 locations to choose from (mounted: F1 or suspended: GT)
•Metal pedals, high stability and resistance
•Weight 7 Kg approximately
•3 adjustable pedals both in space and height
•Brake pedal and adjustable enhanced resistance
•Textured metal footrest grid

Last edited:
For the most part the pedals make a bigger difference than the wheel. I'm slower using DFGT in GT5 not because of the wheel (a little noisy that's all) but the pedals especially brakes. After getting use to G27 nixim brake mod and CSP it's hard to go back to DFGT pedals. I really like what I've see so far . If the pedals are good this will make it worth the extra cost.
P.S One thing I like about G27 pedals over CSP is the pedals themselves are curved while CSP are flat and rough. I don't care for it gas pedal either. Here I see a nice curved pedals. Looks very promising.
Still I wouldn't waste money on this wheel just for one game but those of us who races on PC as well this could be a deal.

Last edited:
For the most part the pedals make a bigger difference than the wheel. I'm slower using DFGT in GT5 not because of the wheel (a little noisy that's all) but the pedals especially brakes. After getting use to G27 nixim brake mod and CSP it's hard to go back to DFGT pedals. I really like what I've seen with what they done with the pedals. If the pedals are really good this will make it worth the extra cost.

DFGT wheel FFB is too slow as well, it's not as fast as a real cars wheel. Makes it hard to drift properly

We haven't see the Gearbox add on yet, which is most likely way better than the Logitechs :)

DFGT wheel FFB is too slow as well, it's not as fast as a real cars wheel. Makes it hard to drift properly

We haven't see the Gearbox add on yet, which is most likely way better than the Logitechs :)
I'm not really interested in a shifter especially for PC as there are nice one already on the market. Plus Fanatec is coming out with CS shifter as well. Shifter are slower than paddles anyways so it nice to see this wheel has a nice set of paddles.

Unfortunately I can't see this costing about as much as the Logitech G27.
It looks like the 500$ figure Yamauchi gave was correct :(

I'm not really interested in a shifter especially for PC as there are nice one already on the market. Plus Fanatec is coming out with CS shifter as well. Shifter are slower than paddles anyways so it nice to see this wheel has a nice set of paddles.

Not about speed, more about fun :)
Especially if it has a nice rifle bolt feel and not some dinky toy like thing

ARRRGGGHHH...only 1 inch diameter larger than my Tonka-sized G25 wheel?!?! DAMMIT, I thought one of their intents with this thing was REALISM. Apparently, not so much. Maybe everyone who develops steering wheel controllers drives a low rider with a smaller, welded chain link steering wheel and that's what they think standard size is?

Apart from that MAJOR gripe of mine, it looks rather epic. Now, the question is: WHEN?!?!?!?! Oh, and WHERE TO GET?!?!?!

Me want! Give, give! Now, now! Mine, mine!

ARRRGGGHHH...only 1 inch diameter larger than my Tonka-sized G25 wheel?!?! DAMMIT, I thought one of their intents with this thing was REALISM. Apparently, not so much. Maybe everyone who develops steering wheel controllers drives a low rider with a smaller, welded chain link steering wheel and that's what they think standard size is?

Apart from that MAJOR gripe of mine, it looks rather epic. Now, the question is: WHEN?!?!?!?! Oh, and WHERE TO GET?!?!?!

Me want! Give, give! Now, now! Mine, mine!

The wheel is apparently removable for future upgrades.

I know, I read that part...but that just means even MORE of an investment to put out for this thing. C'mon, Kaz...have 'em make a version for adult-sized people. People over 6 feet tall with normal to large sized hands!

I know, but this looks much better than the G27.
I doubt it will cost less than that.

maybe not less but hopefully somewhere in the ball park. + $50 or so wouldn't bother me too much.

if it does end up being $500, long as it's good as it looks, I'd still most likely get it.
might have to budget a few things around but dang that wheel looks nice. :drool:

one cavet though... proper stand must be available for it. (if it does not attach to wheelstandpro or fanatac stand)

Honestly, with the announcement of this new wheel, anyone want to take a stab at the chances of us getting an update for full G27 support? I could get one for Christmas, but I'm not sure it's worth it if it's not fully supported.

Out of curiosity what isn't supported with the G27? The picture? Or is there something more i don't know about?

Out of curiosity what isn't supported with the G27? The picture? Or is there something more i don't know about?

The 6 buttons on the wheel and maybe on few on the shifter. It's nothing major, I just wouldn't like spending $250-300 on something that I can't use to it's full potential.

But surely that just requires you to set it up in the options?

Oh so the buttons on the actual wheel don't work?

I haven't really looked at the wheel options. If I recall correctly however, there isn't any options for the G27. So how would one go about setting it up?

No, the buttons don't work :(

I haven't really looked at the wheel options. If I recall correctly however, there isn't any options for the G27. So how would one go about setting it up?

No, the buttons don't work :(

With the G25 you were able to use the Driving Force Pro settings to adjust, I guessed it would be the same for the G27.

Im so getting this!

Now whos as anxious as me for a PS4 and GT6 :D :lol:

By the way, whats up with the 2 pedal options?
When we buy the wheel and the shifter, are we going to have to choose between those 2 pedal setups, or is it just one pedal unit, which we will be able to configure to our likings? - As in, driving regular roads car - racing race cars - Pedal setup?

Chris

Last edited:
The pedals look great.

Why are the arms of the pedals plastic??? This is high end right?

edit//Maybe they just look plastic they weigh more than fanatec clubsports. But those are aluminum.

The wheel looks nice though I like the paddles on the base.

1080 degree Rotation. That sounds great for that bus simulator mode that Kaz wanted for gt5.

Last edited:
The pedals arms look like black metal to me, like the rest of the pedal base. My brand new G27 is getting delivered today. Looks like I will be throwing it up on ebay and seeing what I can get for it. Hopefully this wheel won't disappoint.

If the G27 doesn't become fully supported soon, I'll defenitaly be getting this. Will it be comptable with a Playseat Evolution?

The pedals arms look like black metal to me, like the rest of the pedal base. My brand new G27 is getting delivered today. Looks like I will be throwing it up on ebay and seeing what I can get for it. Hopefully this wheel won't disappoint.

Seriously they look like metal to you?

http://www.planetadejuego.com/uploads/media/images/pedales500_g.jpg

Why would metal pedals need those cross supports. It would be cheaper to just fold out flat sheets like the g27.

They look metal to me - they are reflecting parts of the base on them, unless they are chrome painted plastic, which i doubt very much for $500

Back