The Wagons Only Thread [Please See First Post!]

• Thread starter E RaK
  • 1,482 comments
autowp.ru_volkswagen_fox_wagon_us-spec_2.jpg

I've always found these handsome, and I get an odd AMC Eagle vibe from them--you know, if the Eagle were European and shared a design language with vehicles of its time instead of those a decade earlier. :P

Ehhh. Beyond the period shade of Sunburst Urine, I'm failing to see the fugly with that one. plus the beltline fits a car of that size and shape quite nicely unlike, say, the larger 120Y estate. Where the line might as well stay level with the door windowsill:

6762465093_695905b238_z.jpg

Now, if it had the silver headlight trim (which looked like it was two corners short of being Locque-approved) or AMC-style grille indicators, I'd be more inclined to agree on the fugliness to some extent:

11184570_901320776556780_1191620771_n.jpg

datsun-cherry-van-02.jpg

I'd also take that vinyl roof over sim-woodgrain.

Last edited:
Fair enough--fugly may have been a bit harsh. I've always considered them awkward, though.

:P

(And to be clear, I don't actually dislike them.)

autowp.ru_volkswagen_fox_wagon_us-spec_2.jpg

I've always found these handsome, and I get an odd AMC Eagle vibe from them--you know, if the Eagle were European and shared a design language with vehicles of its time instead of those a decade earlier. :P

A Volkswagen Fox...more love for my country apparently.

Might aswell contribute more! The wagon version of one of my childhood cars! The Caravan, and this one is of '79.
Caravan79.jpg

I just freaking love it.

How to create a more rust-prone Rover P6 without really improving practicality: Let Crayford and FLM Panelcraft bodge it into an "Estoura".

24132_rover-p6-3500-estoura-estate-1970-flickr-photo-sharing.jpg

Doesn't look too bad externally.

Back