The war on ISIS.

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 3,128 comments

Just where does it say the executed Jordanian pilot dropped anything at all? I see no connection whatsoever between him and your video. I have no idea where that video was filmed, nor who/what they were filming.

So I ask you again, how much ordnance had the executed Jordanian pilot dropped, and on whom?

Just where does it say the executed Jordanian pilot dropped anything at all? I see no connection whatsoever between him and your video. I have no idea where that video was filmed, nor who/what they were filming.

So I ask you again, how much ordnance had the executed Jordanian pilot dropped, and on whom?

The video and news articles prove the coalition attacked ISIS, had Jordanian and other gulf state pilots, and dropped enough ordnance to kill 6000 people by concussion, dismemberment, bleeding out or by fire.

It doesn't matter if he personally dropped none at all, Bob, though he likely did or tried to. The point is, he flew sorties for the coalition air force that killed the 6000. But the little prince was unlucky enough to get caught and burned for his part in this war of fire and revenge.

Now perhaps you'll be kind enough to answer my questions,

Please explain why burning people alive is okay for the coalition, but not for the enemy? How is the cycle of revenge to be broken?

Last edited:
The video and news articles prove the coalition attacked ISIS, had Jordanian and other gulf state pilots, and dropped enough ordnance to kill 6000 people by concussion, dismemberment, bleeding out or by fire.
So, no link whatsoever, then.

It doesn't matter if he personally dropped none at all, Bob, though he likely did or tried to. The point is, he flew sorties for the coalition air force that killed the 6000. But the little prince was unlucky enough to get caught and burned for his part in this war of fire and revenge.
It matters very much if he did or not. What you are saying is guilt by association.

Please explain why burning people alive is okay for the coalition, but not for the enemy?
Given that I never made that claim, I see no reason why I should answer it. Or even why you're asking me in particular.

Given that I never made that claim, I see no reason why I should answer it. Or even why you're asking me in particular.
Bob, I greatly respect your intelligence and values. You certainly know what's best, so I'll give you a pass, then. Thanks for playing the game.

ABC (Australia): Approximately 90 Australians have left the country to join the Kurds in fighting ISIS. The biggest fish amongst them is former NT Labor President Matthew Gardner.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-...nionist-leaves-to-fight-islamic-state/6045204

I suspect this might have something to do with it:sly::

Mr Gardiner recently befriended a woman on Facebook whose page is littered with support for Kurdish militias fighting Islamic State.

Hope she's worth it:tup:👍

According to the ISIS militants, the fact that Jordan is allied with the US against them is plenty cause. The Quran lists two resolutions for intentional murder, kill the murderer in the similar fashion as the victim(s), or forgiveness. Since ISIS doesn't really care for forgiveness, option one it is. Now the question becomes, how does cremating alive the pilot, normally against the quran, suddenly become legal?

If you had any inclination to watch the execution video, heck even watching Shepard Smith's description of the video is chilling enough, ISIS claims that that the rockets fired by the pilot killed people, and rockets are propelled by fire...

The rubble that he was ultimately buried with represented the buildings that the rockets struck collasping.

According to the ISIS militants, the fact that Jordan is allied with the US against them is plenty cause. The Quran lists two resolutions for intentional murder, kill the murderer in the similar fashion as the victim(s), or forgiveness. Since ISIS doesn't really care for forgiveness, option one it is. Now the question becomes, how does cremating alive the pilot, normally against the quran, suddenly become legal?

If you had any inclination to watch the execution video, heck even watching Shepard Smith's description of the video is chilling enough, ISIS claims that that the rockets fired by the pilot killed people, and rockets are propelled by fire...

The rubble that he was ultimately buried with represented the buildings that the rockets struck collasping.
If they desperately want to replicate it, they should have bombed him and killed him with the blast of an explosion. Because that's how victims of airplane bombs mostly die, not slowly burning alive and then have bulldozers running over them...

In any case i hope Jordan gives it to them, their king is furious according to news reports.

Since ISIS doesn't really care for forgiveness, option one it is. Now the question becomes, how does cremating alive the pilot, normally against the quran, suddenly become legal?
My first guess would be that they considered the pilot an apostate, and therefore not entitled to whatever "protections"/"dignities" the Qur'an would have offered him.

DK
My first guess would be that they considered the pilot an apostate, and therefore not entitled to whatever "protections"/"dignities" the Qur'an would have offered him.
If that were the case, they would have simply stoned, or beheaded, him. That is the typical punishment for apostate.

ISIL claim that an American aid worker that they were holding hostage has been killed in a Jordanian air raid. With no independent confirmation, the Jordanians suspect that this is an attempt to drive a wedge between them and the coalition fighters, and that she may have been dead for some time as they believe that the pilot that ISIL murdered was killed over a month ago.

Guess IS shouldn't have burned their pilot, huh. Her death is not Jordan's fault. Poor girl.

Guess IS shouldn't have burned their pilot, huh. Her death is not Jordan's fault. Poor girl.
NBC reported tonight that the attacks carried out by Jordan were more than 140 miles to the Northeast, and that no other coalition force has bombed near where the stronghold is located.

She may be alive, she may not. They also released her name (can't remember) and other details.)

Jordan doesn't give a **** about what hostages they're trying to shield themselves with.

A British jihadist who staged his own death to try and avoid the authorities when he returned (and was subsequently picked up) has been given a lengthy prison sentence.

They also released her name (can't remember) and other details.)
Her name is Kayla Mueller, and she's a twenty-six year old aid worker who was working in Syria when she was caught by ISIL.

Jordan doesn't give a **** about what hostages they're trying to shield themselves with.
I know that, the king or whatever they had seemed pretty pissed. Enough to dress up:
king-abdullah.jpg

It would be nice if they continue to go ham at them but still be in coordination with the coalition. The Middle East really does need their own protectorate over there other than the US (ehm, the Saudis maybe).

ISIL claim that an American aid worker that they were holding hostage has been killed in a Jordanian air raid. With no independent confirmation, the Jordanians suspect that this is an attempt to drive a wedge between them and the coalition fighters, and that she may have been dead for some time as they believe that the pilot that ISIL murdered was killed over a month ago.

I just watched a report on 26 year old Kayla Mueller on CNN, covering details of her family, education, previous activism and ultimate capture in 2013. An ardent idealist, she became enmeshed in a battlefield love affair, a plot fit for a movie.

CBS News reported in August 2014 that ISIS had demanded a ransom of $6.6 million for Kayla.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...of-American-aid-worker-kidnapped-by-Isil.html

According to an ABC news broadcast I have just monitored, the other 3 executed Americans had all been offered up for ransom by ISIS, but the US policy is "No" to ransom. ABC also report that policy is now under review!

Last edited:
I just watched a report on 26 year old Kayla Mueller on CNN, covering details of her family, education, previous activism and ultimate capture in 2013. An ardent idealist, she became enmeshed in a battlefield love affair, a plot fit for a movie.

CBS News reported in August 2014 that ISIS had demanded a ransom of $6.6 million for Kayla.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...of-American-aid-worker-kidnapped-by-Isil.html

According to an ABC news broadcast I have just monitored, the other 3 executed Americans had all been offered up for ransom by ISIS, but the US policy is "No" to ransom. ABC also report that policy is now under review!

I also read a article about the purported death of American held hostage Kayla Mueller who went over to the borderlands between Turkey and Syria for aid of refugees from neighboring Iraq and has been captive by ISIL since 2013. ISIL so far claims Jordan being responsible for the killing of Kayla so that they can wobble the Jordan's decision for further bombings of occupied areas by their exclusive air forces, which is strongly backed up by the US.

Jordanian airstrikes have reportedly killed up to seven thousand militants. And they have said that they won't be too bothered about it if Abu Bakr al-Bagdadi is caught up in one of them.

Jordanian airstrikes have reportedly killed up to seven thousand militants. And they have said that they won't be too bothered about it if Abu Bakr al-Bagdadi is caught up in one of them.
Jordanian? No. Coalition airstrikes have perhaps killed that many. The US runs about 90% of the sorties, drops about 99% of the tonnage, so is likely responsible for 99% of the deaths.

It's amusing to think al-Baghdadi is, like Ernst Stavro Blofeld in a Bond novel, the genius spider at the center of the web, and it would certainly be salutary to kill him.

It's amusing to think al-Baghdadi is, like Ernst Stavro Blofeld in a Bond novel, the genius spider at the center of the web, and it would certainly be salutary to kill him.
I don't think so. Blofeld may have been a villain, but he conducted himself very differently to the way al-Baghdadi has.

We didn't lock people in those buildings like the pilot in a cage, we didn't cover them in flammable liquids like the pilot, & we didn't film them as they burned like the pilot was. And had we captured anyone who survived as a prisoner like the pilot was, we surely weren't going to have them killed in such a horrific way. Your question seems to be proposing that the Coalition is playing the game of war unfairly (b/c we get to do something they don't) except ISIS doesn't exactly refrain from doing things we wouldn't do.

So, what's the "retaliation" for beheading 2 Japanese prisoners against? I don't believe Japan is beheading ISIS members. They seem to be virtually out of the war altogether on the battle front.

I don't think so. Blofeld may have been a villain, but he conducted himself very differently to the way al-Baghdadi has.
Yes, Blofeld was a cartoon villain. Baghdadi on the other hand - if he is still alive - is astute enough to surround himself with a wide variety of supporters, not just religious nutjobs but also educated, secular elite Baathists formerly supporting policies of religious tolerance of Jews, acceptance of shaving, smoking, alcohol and women wearing western clothing.

@McLaren Yes, our coalition allies murdered 2 prisoners in retaliation for the one murdered Jordanian scion, perpetuating the cycle of vengeance. You are cordially invited to answer my question, "What breaks the cycle of revenge?"

"Playing the game of war unfairly" offers some some amusing possibilities. As Mad John McCain shouted the other day, "Ukraine wouldn't have had to drop cluster bombs [on civilians] if we had given them better weapons!"

The game of war sometimes seems to have rules, and sometimes not. Certainly, winning is no longer seen as a requirement from the western perspective.

Last edited:
Back