The war on ISIS.

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 3,128 comments
I imagine the rest of NATO is furious with Turkey.
Furious -ish. Sure it's a diplomatic nightmare, but in military terms Russia have had their knuckles rapped (not to make light of the death of the pilot or marine).

It is a violation of all known rules of engagement to shoot down a plane that is not threatening and is actually flying past and away from your territory. Turkey is endangering the peace, should be sanctioned, and their membership in NATO suspended. They cannot be allowed to start a war on a whim in a fit of pique.
You're kidding right?

You don't get expelled from NATO for shooting down a Russian jet that strayed into your territory. ..
The question still stands though, in my opinion. 10 warnings and a shoot down all in 17 seconds?
No, the whole affair lasted several minutes when it was identified that the Russian aircraft was on a vector to enter Turkish airspace. When it did enter Turkish airspace it was only there for 14 seconds, in which time Turkey deemed it a threat and fired, now whether it was still in Turkish airspace when it was hit is a different matter....

Last edited:
Don't care.
weve-got-a-badass-over-here-tee-shirt-a60-650x650.jpg

EDIT: Though I honestly think there is nothing wrong with adding a little humour into threads.

Last edited:
Here's a videocast to explain the fake war on ISIS.
We're all being taken for a ride by the super-psychopaths, straight into a 3rd world war.
Start digging your bunkers.

Its not that its too offensive, im approve slight self depreciation.

Its just too soon and gave people wrong judgements. Its like 9/11 jokes after 9/11 happened.

Its not that its too offensive, im approve slight self depreciation.

Its just too soon and gave people wrong judgements. Its like 9/11 jokes after 9/11 happened.
I always hate this argument, especially when it varies from person to person making it too opinionated for it to be a reliable fact to back up an argument.

Some people still think 9/11 Jokes are too soon, and some probably will think any tragedy joke is too soon no matter how long it is.

Others (like me), will think nothing really is too soon and is apart of Dark Humour.

Research paper from Columbia University alleges that Turkey is actively supporting ISIS.

Full allegations here. A Huffington Post article covering the same paper can be found here.

Before you dismiss the paper, consider this:

Columbia University's Program on Peace-building and Rights assigned a team of researchers in the United States, Europe, and Turkey to examine Turkish and international media, assessing the credibility of allegations. This report draws on a variety of international sources -- The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Guardian, The Daily Mail, BBC, Sky News, as well as Turkish sources, CNN Turk, Hurriyet Daily News, Taraf, Cumhuriyet, and Radikal among others.

Addendum: Italian police seized 800 shotguns bound for Belgium from Turkey - Reuters

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Wo...ice-seize-800-shotguns-bound-for-belgium.ashx

Last edited:
Research paper from Columbia University alleges that Turkey is actively supporting ISIS.

Full allegations here. A Huffington Post article covering the same paper can be found here.
I've already posted it:
Turkey intends to remove Assad from Damascus by any means possible. Like arming some rebels. Now who do you think is in the position of self-defense here, Turkmen or Syria?

And yes, Turkey assists ISIS directly. There's some research has been done and facts are collected here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-l-phillips/research-paper-isis-turke_b_6128950.html?ir=Australia

Unlike Putin, I don't think shooting the Russian jet was a "stab in the back". This should have been expected. Russia was ignoring Turkey's hostile actions for too long.

Also: some reports come up about the Russian Airforce bombing a Turkish humanitarian convoy in the vicinity of Azaz. Luckily, there is a video where you can see how humanitarian such convoys are by checking the baby food and pampers carried by those trucks to Syria.

Erdogan vows to find and punish the journalists who recorded this:
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/06/01/413821/Turkey-threat-Cumhuriyet-MIT-trucks-Syria-weapons

Russians bombed a Turkish humanitarian convoy carrying construction metal and cement. The metal had been exploding for 2 days and cement fragments pierced a tank's armor nearby.

Addendum: Italian police seized 800 shotguns bound for Belgium from Turkey - Reuters

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Wo...ice-seize-800-shotguns-bound-for-belgium.ashx
Why is this even news? Turkey is a huge arms manufacturer, and just one load didn't have all (and there's a lot) of the necessary paperwork and wasn't even being concealed from authorities. It's a stupidly tedious link, with the article even stating they're not assault weapons and the terrorists haven't used shotguns.

I've already posted it:
@TenEightyOne

The allegations are as follows:

- Turkey Provides Military Equipment to ISIS
- Turkey Provided Transport and Logistical Assistance to ISIS Fighters
- Turkey Provided Training to ISIS Fighters
- Turkey Offers Medical Care to ISIS Fighters
- Turkey Supports ISIS Financially Through Purchase of Oil
- Turkey Assists ISIS Recruitment
- Turkish Forces Are Fighting Alongside ISIS
- Turkey Helped ISIS in Battle for Kobani
- Turkey and ISIS Share a Worldview

I always hate this argument, especially when it varies from person to person making it too opinionated for it to be a reliable fact to back up an argument.

Some people still think 9/11 Jokes are too soon, and some probably will think any tragedy joke is too soon no matter how long it is.

Others (like me), will think nothing really is too soon and is apart of Dark Humour.
I give that post 9 out of 11 points.
Oh and posting David Icke videos should be a bannable offense for posting false information. :D

Don't care.
I know, would you like to know why? because you are ignorant. And I'm pretty sure it will be taken as a personal attack so allow me to elaborate.

Just as the christians say "Oh my god!" before something bad happens (i.e. a plane crashing towards a building), Muslims use their equal phrasing "Oh my god", the difference is that they are a different culture (because they have this thing called Takbir, you moron) and thus they use "Allah is great" as a final repent calling (i.e. when a bomb is falling on them, or they are in a situation in which they think they don't make it out alive). The problem that I take with this is that you are ignorant enough to dismiss (or not know) why Muslims utilize this specific phrasing, that video is in part people screaming at bombs falling towards them, because unlike ISIS who recite whole verses in their propaganda videos, amateur video is used to record rockets coming from Israel to palestine and bombardments on city and civilian areas in Syria or country where there Islam is established as a dominant religion.

Whoever did that video is using audio recordings of people who are or potentially would be dead, the equivalent on the west would be making a compilation video of funny things using the "Oh my god!" recordings of the people during 9/11, if you find it funny under the context in which this threat is taking place then your opinion about the matter is next to nothing, because you are effectively ignoring why Muslims consider such a thing an insult. I'm not a muslim myself but I try to be knowledgeable enough to not be insulting and find the position of the other find out a solution, it's called "respecting other people's cultures", which I'm pretty sure is one of the root reasons why Mujahideen, Jihad, Al Qaeda and ISIS exist in the first place.

Edit: And yeah, I might get points for this, but I don't care. If people wants to stand on their ignorant position I will call them on their ignorant position.

Last edited:
... from David Icke.

Well spotted. :cheers:

His opinion is as valid as anyone else's in my book, maybe more so.

The man who has been researching / predicting this very scenario unfolding for the past 25 years.

Remember, the truth at first is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Here's another.

Well spotted. :cheers:

His opinion is as valid as anyone else's in my book, maybe more so.
No opinion is valid unless supported by evidence, unless it's an item of personal preference. See "No, you are not entitled to your opinion.".
The man who has been researching / predicting this very scenario unfolding for the past 25 years.
I don't see any particular evidence that he has specifically predicted this scenario in the last 25 years.

He has, in that time, stated that the royal family and the ruling elite are alien lizards and is famous for claiming to be the son of God though.
Remember, the truth at first is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
No, the truth is first peer-reviewed.

Ludicrous claims are at first ridiculed. And then repeatedly over time.

Last edited:
@mister dog I consider you a friend here on GTPlanet, but @Akira AC is right about one thing, which is how the term is being used. ISIS with duck heads is hilarious, someone making a lighthearted remark about women covered top to toe looking like something from Assasins Creed is funny to an extent, but that video was very disrespectful. It is bad enough that ISIS use that particular phrase to commit such horrible and brutal attacks, because that phrase is a core part of a Muslims life.

Of course I understand the posting of the video was to make a mockery of ISIS and not Islam, but ISIS themselves are making a mockery of Islam in their so called Caliphate or whatever crap they have come up with, and that video is doing exactly the same. More rickrolling and ISIS-chan, less videos of things exploding with 'Allahu Akbar' being yelled out mockingly is my humble request. :D

Now. Bring on the ducks!

I know, would you like to know why? because you are ignorant. And I'm pretty sure it will be taken as a personal attack so allow me to elaborate.

Just as the christians say "Oh my god!" before something bad happens (i.e. a plane crashing towards a building), Muslims use their equal phrasing "Oh my god", the difference is that they are a different culture (because they have this thing called Takbir, you moron) and thus they use "Allah is great" as a final repent calling (i.e. when a bomb is falling on them, or they are in a situation in which they think they don't make it out alive). The problem that I take with this is that you are ignorant enough to dismiss (or not know) why Muslims utilize this specific phrasing, that video is in part people screaming at bombs falling towards them, because unlike ISIS who recite whole verses in their propaganda videos, amateur video is used to record rockets coming from Israel to palestine and bombardments on city and civilian areas in Syria or country where there Islam is established as a dominant religion.

Whoever did that video is using audio recordings of people who are or potentially would be dead, the equivalent on the west would be making a compilation video of funny things using the "Oh my god!" recordings of the people during 9/11, if you find it funny under the context in which this threat is taking place then your opinion about the matter is next to nothing, because you are effectively ignoring why Muslims consider such a thing an insult. I'm not a muslim myself but I try to be knowledgeable enough to not be insulting and find the position of the other find out a solution, it's called "respecting other people's cultures", which I'm pretty sure is one of the root reasons why Mujahideen, Jihad, Al Qaeda and ISIS exist in the first place.

Edit: And yeah, I might get points for this, but I don't care. If people wants to stand on their ignorant position I will call them on their ignorant position.

I'll quote myself once again.

Most of the clips are people screaming because one of their buddies just went full retard and turned himself into meat shrapnel.

, you moron

What's that? Is that showing respect?

captain-obvious.jpg

Back