The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,574 comments
B80
Anything else to be aware of?
No, you already mentioned both points of attention.
Everything else, including pit strategy and choice of tyres very much depends on the car and whether you prefer to go faster and have to stop or if you prefer no stopping (my choice) when possible.

No, you already mentioned both points of attention.
Everything else, including pit strategy and choice of tyres very much depends on the car and whether you prefer to go faster and have to stop or if you prefer no stopping (my choice) when possible.
Cheers. I exclusively use Praiano's tunes anyway, so will focus on his recent Tokyo ones.

B80
Cheers. I exclusively use Praiano's tunes anyway, so will focus on his recent Tokyo ones.
Praiano's tune for the NSX on Tokyo is very good. My personal favorite car for that race is the V8 swapped R34 Skyline. It does the race without a pit stop with fuel and tyres to spare (using SH tyres). I Get consistent 2:09 laps and most of the time the fastest lap of 2:08. Sometimes my fastest lap will go down to a 2:07 if get a nice tow from Gallo or Suswillo. Race time is usually in the region of 26:40.

that means there is a pit stop, otherwise the racetime should be around 26:00
Sorry, my bad. Just over 26:00 is correct without a pit stop. The screenshots are from two different races, that's why the fastest laps is different. From lap 9 the times are not very consistent because you start running into traffic and to keep the CRB you have to pass them cleanly.

Attachments

• Tokyo1.jpg
    Tokyo1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Tokyo2.jpg
    Tokyo2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 5
For this you need a car that handles somewhat well and also has decent top speed for the long straight.
I liked doing this with the F40
Fully stock with SH tires it was just under 600pp
The V8 Turbo isn't thirsty and you can do 8 or 9 laps with a bit of short shifting. Then a quick stop to refuel, no tire change.
Might not be the fastest but I really liked driving it around here
wtc600.png

I just wanted to have another go at it and due to the recent update it gained a few PP and has now over 600. Great:grumpy:
Also just noticed that the change doesn't show in the garage until you select the car. When you select a car the PPs are updated

Well, have to find another car to use around here now...

At the walls? Not suspecting a time like that with pretty driving.
Of course I’m wall riding at Turn 1. I’m trying RH and fuel saving next.

Edit: Too easy Part Two. Set FM5 and finished with 0.7 lap of fuel left. Pitted end of Lap 9 for a fresh set of RH.
IMG_5137.jpeg

Last edited:
Of course I’m wall riding at Turn 1.
Thats not of course.
In this thread "we" generally drive it as a track, not as a guided rail. Though I suppose this is not explicitly mentioned anywhere (except for the topic itself), the times posted by others could have been a hint.

The thread for all kinds of reduced beyond racing methods is this one: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/credit-grind-wtc-600-tokyo-express-glitches-are-dead.407464/

It is now quite inactive there, as the playerbase now has found different means of creating effortless credits.

I’m trying RH and fuel saving next.

Edit: Too easy Part Two. Set FM5 and finished with 0.7 lap of fuel left. Pitted end of Lap 9 for a fresh set of RH.
On SS with no wall riding I am faster by 7seconds.

Last edited:
I Decided to fire up my rotary swapped Cappuccino again to see how it's doing at Tokyo after the physics updates.
It is still fast as hell ! This is the fastest non-glitched and no wall riding car I have done this race with.
Totally legit 2-stop race on Hard Difficulty. Lapping the whole grid cleanly and getting the CRB.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240828090706.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240828090706.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 4
Thats not of course.
In this thread "we" generally drive it as a track, not as a guided rail. Though I suppose this is not explicitly mentioned anywhere (except for the topic itself), the times posted by others could have been a hint.

The thread for all kinds of reduced beyond racing methods is this one: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/credit-grind-wtc-600-tokyo-express-glitches-are-dead.407464/

It is now quite inactive there, as the playerbase now has found different means of creating effortless credits.

On SS with no wall riding I am faster by 7seconds.
Oh, that’s good for you. Thanks for sharing. I posted how I set up for me and how I drive. I’ve contributed to this thread with other cars and settings. I’m not trying to do this the fastest as I’ve already been posting my set ups aren’t optimal never claimed them to be. It’s just what I’ve achieved and shared what I’ve done. That’s all.

Claiming "too easy" when you make use of wallriding and then posting this in the "no exploits thread" you didnt contribute with your recently added setup, because it is simply the wrong place.
Uh, it's not the wrong place for the set up. You do realise it's a 599 BHP car that smokes the AI anyway. Making it 'too easy'. Regardless of wall riding.
I even did a following race without the T1 wall riding as seen by the one minute longer time. Still a problem?
This set up is what I shared of the car. Not that it'll help wall riding or setting the fastest time. That's it simply.

We gonna back and forth for a few more posts? Just so I know. You can have the last word.

For this you need a car that handles somewhat well and also has decent top speed for the long straight.
I liked doing this with the F40
Fully stock with SH tires it was just under 600pp
The V8 Turbo isn't thirsty and you can do 8 or 9 laps with a bit of short shifting. Then a quick stop to refuel, no tire change.
Might not be the fastest but I really liked driving it around hereView attachment 1383226

I just wanted to have another go at it and due to the recent update it gained a few PP and has now over 600. Great:grumpy:
Also just noticed that the change doesn't show in the garage until you select the car. When you select a car the PPs are updated

Well, have to find another car to use around here now...
The Jaguar XJ220 was also great at stock here, i think it's still under 600PP.

We are talking about the WTC600 on Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise 12 laps for $550,000 right ?

Going to give it a go for the first time with my GR86 RZ'21 ...
On PSVR2 nonetheless...
Let me report back in about 35 mins....

46 minutes have passed... :D
I was gonna reply:

I started 16, went up to 8 about halfway through, tried to do without pitstop, but tires degradation made me lose time vs the others...

Not good, ended up with a forced pitstop at the end of the 10th lap,so i finished the race last ...

The car was at 595PP (stock weight)

Now tuned the car better up to 600pp exactly:
Going to give it a second try...

By the way, I have not read anything in this thread so I don't know what is the best strategy or which car to use....

Going in Totally blind here.

Last edited:
I have not read anything in this thread so I don't know what is the best strategy or which car to use.
There are quite a lot different approaches.
Some cars are extremely fast and require pit stop for fuel/tyres,
Some cars will be possible to do with or without pitting depending on how you approach the event,
Some cars naturally will not need a pit stop at all, no matter how you push them.

Wide body cars with wide tyres usually have (or had, I think patch 1.49 changed this a bit) more tyrelife and could keep you running a lap or two extra compared to non wide tyres, which possible meant you didnt need to stop.

I willl keep it at that to not spoil your adventurer ;)

So second try turns out a tad better.

Finished 10th
GR 86 RZ '21 was pushed to 600PP on SS, 318HP on 2372lbs
Do NOT use intermediates ! They wear out too fast.
One pit, on New SS
Minimal added fuel during pit, barely a quarter more despite being on the thirstiest mode.
I could probably do a bit more with practice get to 8th place for example
But I think having no pit strategy would be the best for this car... I don't see how?!

Fuel mode on 3 or 4 instead of 1? But how could you go fast enough to catch the others... Play the long game maybe?

I tooo tired to do a third trial now... Getting too late and my eyes need a break from PSVR2

I dont think this is the hardest event, for me it is the Daytona WTC800 I think...

Last edited:
I just realized this race is actually great fun. It's a lot less boring than Le Mans, with a bit of a challenge from the IA, the drying track and keeping the CRB.

The CRB is not that hard to get, you can even have little scratches against the walls without losing it.

I'm going to race this a lot more, and try lots of new cars :)

Back