This is what needs to be fixed ASAPF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter tribolik
  • 11 comments
It's really odd, indeed - the game confused me as well when I accidentally overshot the first corner in Singapore and I was like "Please don't DSQ me...please don't DSQ me..." and...nothing happened.

Funny enough, tho: he's still slower than me (and I'm not good) in Singapore, despite his corner cutting but probably because the curbs are slowing you down quite a lot. Maybe not even worth it on that track...yet, might be a problem elsewhere. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Are you 1100% sure that penalties are turned off? ... Because I did a online race earlier today and I got warning's/bad sportsman flags for cutting too much off the curb's ...

You on PS3?

I cut turn 10 at Istanbul after out-braking myself, went through fairly fast and yet no penalty, however have 2 wheels off the track at the final chicane and you get a penalty. Nice one Codemasters.

I cut turn 10 at Istanbul after out-braking myself, went through fairly fast and yet no penalty, however have 2 wheels off the track at the final chicane and you get a penalty. Nice one Codemasters.

To be fair: it was a bit extreme on the contrary in 2010. It even gave you a warning when you overshot corner 9 (at 1:03) in Melbourne and drove alongside the track on the grass, which was by no means corner cutting.

Haven't put too much time into it yet to say but.

If tires pick up punctures or add wear quicker by corner cutting I'm ok with the system.
Better than picking up a penalty for mistiming a corner or avoidance with traffic.

Call me old school but I try to stay on track anyhow.

I seem to be forever getting penalised for cutting the corners. I admit some corners don't but..............

What exactly are you complaining about? If you want to be penalised for cutting the corner then why are you cutting it in the first place...

Probably online is the biggest issue.
Corner cutting can ruin the online experience against randoms.

It can't be all tracks though.

I haven't tried online yet, I imagine it's generally crap even without shortcutting the corners as the speed of these cars + lag + rammers = nightmare

I got a penalty at Canada for cutting the hairpin slightly too tightly last night, there is a bigger margin for error this year though so you can abuse the kerbs.

I know I won't be cutting corners to gain an advantage so if people want to go that route then it is down to them again. You would hope people wouldn't want to, but anything to make the game easier... and then complain how easy the game is.

Unless you want to get pissed off and shout at people I would'nt race in random lobbys, race with friends or people from GTPlanet your alot more likely to have a better time. Although I have had 1 good race when going into a random room there was only 4 or 5 of us and we had the AI on for 50% race which was pretty cool and very clean. But normally in random rooms I end up so mad I start hunting down people seeking revenge which is never good.

Its not my video but from what Ive read in the description - as long as you maintain the speed (dont accelarate) you wont get a penalty...

For qualy laps... you should get the lap invalidated no matter what... and for race laps you should get 2 warnings for breaching track limits and then a penalty... (im not sure if thats how it works on F1 - I know thats how it works on GT1/GT3 - 2 warnings - 3dr time - penalty)

...and if you are playing offline and you do not wish to get such a severe penalty system - you should have 3 penalty options - real P -.soft P - and no P.

Im sure its not all that hard to do...

Last edited:
Back