Thrustmaster T300 FFB

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 106 comments
Now that update 1.31 dropped, the wheel feels unneccesarily heavy when steering. I put the gain on 3 (sensitivity 5), so very low, but even then it feels too heavy. On 2 it's on the light side, and the details are too subtle.

I checked the drivers and firmware, but it's up to date (firmware 34). Is it just me?
It definitely had a big change,
I'm finding 3-1 to be the sweet spot. Still struggling to understand the sensitivity setting fully after all this time.

Now it really depends on the car that you drive. On road cars with sport tyres I can go to 5/1, but as you progress to a higher group car (Gr3, Gr2, Gr1...) the FFB is stronger and stronger, like in real life, so you need to adjust the gain accordingly, if you want your wheel to feel the same. I quite like this change, it's heavier in full racing cars, like it should be.

Now it really depends on the car that you drive. On road cars with sport tyres I can go to 5/1, but as you progress to a higher group car (Gr3, Gr2, Gr1...) the FFB is stronger and stronger, like in real life, so you need to adjust the gain accordingly, if you want your wheel to feel the same. I quite like this change, it's heavier in full racing cars, like it should be.
Doesn’t go for all road cars though. The Enzo has power steering, but is heavy feeling.

I'll try it when I get home. Is the sensitivity interacting with the gain as well?
From what I understand, yes. To be honest I haven’t played since before this new update but sensitivity should increase little nuanced feedback in addition to the torque or weight of the wheel making it feel stronger.

This is really the correct answer. FFB should be adjusted depending on the car. Even something like a basic VW Polo has strong feedback through the wheel if driven hard and a setting of 3 and 3 might not be giving the best performance the wheel can provide, so bumping up to 4 might be best. I discussed this in my video. There are definitely some users here clipping their wheel though, they just don't know they're doing it. Even with the fan mod it will still overheat in summer. Do that enough times and it will break down.

Even with the fan mod it will still overheat in summer.
Depends on the mod :D

Depends on the mod :D

Lol thats some next level modding, doesn't look too bad either. However it won't prevent clipping and loss of detail through the wheel. You can either choose brute strength or ffb fidelity, you can't have both on a belt driven wheel

From what I understand, yes. To be honest I haven’t played since before this new update but sensitivity should increase little nuanced feedback in addition to the torque or weight of the wheel making it feel stronger.
Still way too much heavy steering with sensitivity 1 and gain on 3 unfortunately. I tried putting the gain on 10 to 'shock' the wheel as one member said, but I wouldn't recommend it, plus lower gains didn't change.

It's just about the 'dampening' I guess. The detail is great, but there's just too much dampening for my taste. I'm not looking forward to turning a corner anymore. Not enjoyable. The R92CP with gain on 2 is okay-ish, but it has been way better in previous updates. I hope they'll fix this in the next update, as there's obviously a bug, with other steering wheels feeling light with the gain on 10.

Still way too much heavy steering with sensitivity 1 and gain on 3 unfortunately. I tried putting the gain on 10 to 'shock' the wheel as one member said, but I wouldn't recommend it, plus lower gains didn't change.

It's just about the 'dampening' I guess. The detail is great, but there's just too much dampening for my taste. I'm not looking forward to turning a corner anymore. Not enjoyable. The R92CP with gain on 2 is okay-ish, but it has been way better in previous updates. I hope they'll fix this in the next update, as there's obviously a bug, with other steering wheels feeling light with the gain on 10.
Try gain 2 sensitivity 2 or 3

Back