Thrustmaster T598 Direct Axial Drive Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 96 comments
Fair enough. So, when you aren't reviewing/testing, what wheel setup do you use/prefer?
I actually just finished reinstalling the GT DD Extreme back onto my rig tonight. šŸ˜…

The G Pro would be my preference because of the TrueForce effects and rim (though I've not actually used it since the GT7 'nerf'), but it's a massive hassle to swap wheels/pedals on my rig and I want to be ready to go immediately whenever FullForce finally drops.
Thanks for the review, @Jordan

Any additional comments/observations on the heat generated by this base unit?
If I'm not mistaken, the panels around the base are metal, right? Better at dissipating heat, I imagine, considering that it doesn't have a fan?
I live in warm climates, so this is something that could be an issue for me.
Yes, it gets hot, and no, it's all plastic except for that metal platform/adapter base.

I only used it in rather short bursts preparing for the review (longest session was maybe an hour or so), so I can't say how it would hold up for longer sessions. But, I did feel of the base and it was fairly warm. My room is air conditioned and was around 73F (22C) at the time.

Yes, it gets hot, and no, it's all plastic except for that metal platform/adapter base.

I only used it in rather short bursts preparing for the review (longest session was maybe an hour or so), so I can't say how it would hold up for longer sessions. But, I did feel of the base and it was fairly warm. My room is air conditioned and was around 73F (22C) at the time.
Thanks for the info. The ambient temps in my room during the summer months is usually around 26c-27c (I try to only turn on my AC when I sleep), so it'll be interesting to see how this base handles the heat durability-wise in the long run. šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

I actually just finished reinstalling the GT DD Extreme back onto my rig tonight. šŸ˜…

The G Pro would be my preference because of the TrueForce effects and rim (though I've not actually used it since the GT7 'nerf'), but it's a massive hassle to swap wheels/pedals on my rig and I want to be ready to go immediately whenever FullForce finally drops.

Iā€™m choosing between Fanatec 8nm DD Pro and this one, only for driving GT7 on PS5.
Took the G Pro out of race since its so much more expensive here in sweden and they never show up used on private sales.

Iā€™ve read reviews that the Fanatec has good feelings cornering etc but its kind of ā€deadā€ when going straight forward.

If you took the moneypart out, would you recommend Fanatec DD Pro over the T598?

Thanks in advance

Iā€™m choosing between Fanatec 8nm DD Pro and this one, only for driving GT7 on PS5.
Took the G Pro out of race since its so much more expensive here in sweden and they never show up used on private sales.

Iā€™ve read reviews that the Fanatec has good feelings cornering etc but its kind of ā€deadā€ when going straight forward.

If you took the moneypart out, would you recommend Fanatec DD Pro over the T598?

Thanks in advance
The biggest thing i hate is a dead wheel when going straight.

Back