Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,892 comments
Dear @Chris30,

Would you stop flooding the thread, please?

Thank you.

* Back to silent reading.
I'm not flooding the thread, what do you mean by that. I guess you don't want to read a lot of posts, I don't blame you. The other guys post a lot on here too, not just me. It's welcome to anyone participating in the time trials. It didn't bother you back then. That's why I hate to post here everyday. Because some get irritated with my posts, and that's fine if some of you think that way. I tell you what I'll just read every single old post and get my advice from there.

Last edited:
Since I'm between jobs currently, and having a nice time relaxing at home with the kids for the past 2 weeks, I finally had a little more free time to play, and I'm sorry if I sound a bit arrogant, but I think I'm the special one? :lol: For those who are not familiar with the Mourinho reference, all jokes aside, I had my second session tonight at the mountain, and it was one of the best experiences in this game probably, not only because of my laptime, but everything, nice setup, the amazing VR, this fabulous track and the little Clio that drives like a charm.

1723758758156.jpg

So, what's next? Well... I have probably a tenth in the first sector and half a tenth in the last one. I firmly believe that a very very low 30s are possible, but that really needs to be THE lap. Happily, I enjoy driving this so much, that I'll be milking this in the coming days for sure.

Edit, here is the video of the lap, of course chasing Tidgneys ghost:

Last edited:
Well, I'll be addicted to this Clio TT, so let me go start getting to work, for now I'll focus on clocking a lap time of 2'38.000-2'39.000. I bought a Clio in the used car dealership so I need to pick a good livery to represent it. I'm gonna use several ghosts too, idk from who though, I guess from the top 200 and watch their lines/moves. I do have PTSD from hitting the walls so much at Bathhurst.

Last edited:
I own two Clios in my own garage; I might as well get to upgrading one I customized to my own tastes. I haven't driven my own Clios yet. The one I used in the Time Trial was in fact a rental.

Last edited:
@Evilmuffin, indeed. It's not that I don't enjoy the race cars, but I do so much better in road cars in these TT's for whatever reason. Anyway, my first attempt at Bathurst was interesting. It took some time to get used to the car. I had several cases of snap oversteer that took me by surprise and sent me into the wall a few times. I did start to enjoy it as I continued lapping, though. As for my fast lap, I must have lost over half a second thanks to a poor turn 1 and Forrest's Elbow.
IMG_3504.jpg

2 sessions to get a competitive time in the Honda around Spa. Managed to get a 2:28.561 which places me 148th currently.
Won't be coming back to this one as I don't have the time and I find the track limits to be quite annoying here.

I seriously have no idea how this lap was so fast. Prior to this I was struggling to hit even a 2:29.3, and all of a sudden I find 8 tenths of a second somehow. I've uploaded the lap below so you can see the sheer number of apexes I missed on my best lap. Its such a scruffy lap and yet somehow my fastest by a country mile. There's surely a lot more time here if I was able to hit the apexes at Les Combes, didn't run completely wide at Rivage, miss the first apex of Pouhon, run wide at Fagnes and then miss another apex at Paul Frere.

At least the Honda is a joy to listen to when you rev it all the way out.

Now onto Bathurst :mischievous:

This HSR Lap Challenge is getting on my nerves bad. I've hit the wall at least 30 times for the turn right before you get to the bridge or at that pesky turn after exiting the tunnel. This makes me so mad.

This High Speed Ring / Porsche 917 TT must have been the easiest one to gold in quite a while.
Could go faster but it's not that fun or interesting to me, and I have some work to do to gold that Luguna Seca TT. Still need to find a few tenths just to gold it.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240815050246.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240815050252.jpg

I like the new Brathurst TT. The T5 Turbo Renault Clio is so controllable. In VR it’s just perfect. Got this on like my 5th lap.

IMG_8443.jpeg

Still haven't tried the Laguna Seca TT. Anyone here who prefers this TT to the Mt. Panorama one or vice versa?
I like both but LC is harder in my opinion. Personally I love the drivability of the Clio so my vote goes to Bathurst over LC.

Last edited:
First fire-emoji I used, great job mate, do you think you can get below 1,000? You'd have to pass 975 more drivers. It's up to you but I think you can do it with the power of MT and low TCS.
Absolutely not. ;) It's so early in this new TT that there will be a lot of people passing me. I guess if i don't improve that time it won't even be top 5000. I'm going again today to get a gold time that sticks. Let's see... I said something like that on another TT before and didn't realise how good my lap already was (for me) and never even came close to it again.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit arrogant, but I think I'm the special one? :lol:
Dude, this mindset is dangerous. Lately you are doing a great job, becoming a top alien. Yeah congrats but remember you’ve kids, a job to begin etc. You are losing your irl concentration. Just a friendly reminder. (trying to save my usual position in my friends list)

Meanwhile, my two week holiday is coming to an end. Itching to get my hands on that honda spa combination this weekend.

Happy lapping everyone

in my friends list)

@Dolph Drago @Gomario JSP

It appears that race cars with sticky tires are really not our thing. In a road car and we are back to where we nornally at....🙈

View attachment 1381337

The wall be like.....stop licking me!

View attachment 1381339

Thats more like it, nice!

Seems to be a bit better indeed!,

I woke up sick...coughing and in pain at 3AM.... there is no better time to be precise with semi scraping that walls on the mountain 🤣...so went downstairs and gave it a go....

Very sloppy downhill though but not to shaaabbbyy in the end

1000024659.jpg

Back