Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,891 comments
Good girl... 🐮 🐄

1723732750252.png

Saved -0.9 on my previous PB and despite some promissing scores, I already know it won't be enough to stay in the gold mine till the end.

1723732806691.png

Happy lapping friends :)

Last edited:
I'm now just half a second off @Tidgney on his pad lap!!!!

191567bf23c4-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm gonna start a YouTube channel now and call my videos "The hardest way to maybe win 2 million credits if you have loads of free time" 😂

In all seriousness, I've just done 10 laps in a row all within about 1/10th of each other, so I'm pretty sure I'm done for this one now. At least for today!

Wow this poor car on these tyres. All its soul and character has been absolutely sucked out. Feels wrong to be driving a Clio V6, infamous boy toy pocket rocket, and have it be as planted and stable around Bathurst as a Honda Jazz on a shopping trip.

Possibly the easiest TT I've done in a while. Gold by this margin in 3 laps. It's basically a procession if following a ghost, there's nowhere for the car to struggle so you just brake where it does and then accelerate out. Not much motivation to push hard with this one.
1723734236082.jpeg

1723734288927.png

Wow this poor car on these tyres. All its soul and character has been absolutely sucked out. Feels wrong to be driving a Clio V6, infamous boy toy pocket rocket, and have it be as planted and stable around Bathurst as a Honda Jazz on a shopping trip.
That planted, huh? When I drove it prior to 1.49, it was as slippery as an eel.

Yeah that's what surprised me. I fully expected this to be a feisty little thing going into the TT, as it was last I drove it on even softer tires but.. nope. Absolutely no character, just some entry understeer!
Wow...not that I mind a car that sticks, but it's really out of character for the Clio indeed...

It's as if Stratos became the steadiest and most pleasant car to drive.

Pretty tricky in the wet, it takes a while to learn which lines to take and get the contrasts to dry into your muscle memory. Not my cup of tea if given the choice but managed to make it work pretty damn good in the end, despite it also being on Red Bull Ring, a track I really don’t care for. I started with the 458, also tested the NSX which I enjoyed, it was certainly nice around most of the track but horrific for the final two corners, really complicated matters there. Managed a 1’37.050 in the NSX and in the end I hopped back in the 458 and went firmly into the 36’s with a .835. Very content with that, better than I expected in the wet!

191570b41de53-screenshotUrl.png

61929a8e1f2e6fc710e1aff9de64cc73_photo.webp

e27d8056eba6847a936bc1e09d3001d3_photo.webp

60877c63e5015dda03acb3913bdb676e_photo.webp

Good girl... 🐄 🐮

1723742538561.png

Shaved almost -0.5 on my previous PB and re-enter in the yellow territory. Until the next time!

S1: 24.240 - very medium score, 3 tenths minimum are available
S2: 54.688 - good score here but can be improved by few tenths
S3: 39.101 - my best 3rd sector, thanks to an excellent Dipper exit
S4: 36.001 - many tenths are available here as I was very conservative

1723742918439.png

The other great satisfaction of the day:

1723743006032.png

Beleive me or not but my Cliow roars with pleasure (like a real cow) ;):cheers:

1723744186352.jpeg

Last edited:
I also did the Mount Panaroma Circuit Time Trial that dropped today as well; this is some gameplay of my best time on this Online Time Trial.

Here's the gameplay footage, I suggest you all to check out this one on my channel:

I enjoy doing these online time trails as much as you all like doing them.

Last edited:

Possibly the easiest TT I've done in a while. Gold by this margin in 3 laps. It's basically a procession if following a ghost, there's nowhere for the car to struggle so you just brake where it does and then accelerate out. Not much motivation to push hard with this one.
View attachment 1381226

View attachment 1381227
I agree with you on that statement, the last lap I did before going to bed was not the feel of a Clio car. It goes so slow, that anyone could use MT to it's full capacity. This is a great way for beginners to learn the basics and then transferring to MT when they get more comfortable and brave out there.

I also did the Mount Panaroma Circuit Time Trial that dropped today as well; this is some gameplay of my best time on this Online Time Trial.

Here's the gameplay footage, I suggest you all to check out this one on my channel:

I enjoy doing these online time trails as much as you all like doing them.

I think it well worth to watch a guide like the one from Tidgney study his lines and you will see that mountain has a descent flow to it 😉

I did run my first meters in the Clio, less lively than I was expecting indeed.... straight forward and one of the easier ones for sure

1000024652.jpg

Last edited:
I think it well worth to watch a guide like the one from Tidgney study his lines and you will see that mountain has a descent flow to it 😉

I did run my first meters in the Clio, less lively than I was expecting indeed.... straight forward and one of the easier ones for sure

View attachment 1381313

Tidgney always makes us think the TT's are easy with his catchy attractive titles. Fools the beginners, because they think it is simple to earn gold when really it is not. So good luck everyone and enjoy these new TT's. (Laguna and Bathhurst). And for all beginners, if you get stuck on a certain TT, use Tidgney's or Digitgaming's guides. They are thorough and detailed in their walkthroughs and lectures on each TT and all the sectors.

Didn't put much effort in the last ones and got all silvers. Mount Panorama should be gold territory again. Even if that's not the final top time of course.
View attachment 1381316
First fire-emoji I used, great job mate, do you think you can get below 1,000? You'd have to pass 975 more drivers. It's up to you but I think you can do it with the power of MT and low TCS.

And a poo emoji that you haven't used for any of my posts for a while...

Literally everyone is confused as to what you mean by "Clio being like an electric car". Care to elaborate?
Cause you posted that GIF like you and some others got confused. Maybe I should have said the Clio is like a Prius or a Hybrid. What's your time though at the beast mountain? That's what Bathhurst is. And the downhill section can crush/kill some fire laps.

Cause you posted that GIF like you and some others got confused.
Um, yes...that is exactly why I used it. :confused:
Maybe I should have said the Clio is like a Prius or a Hybrid.
That...still doesn't help.
What's your time though at the beast mountain?
I have not run yet. I might as well give it a go on controller now, considering people are having such an easy time taming what was formerly a beast (the Clio). 👍

Last edited:
the last lap I did before going to bed was not the feel of a Clio car.
As the Clio has never been sold in North America... what's your point of reference for it?
Maybe I should have said the Clio is like a Prius or a Hybrid.
How so? It's a mid-engined, rear-wheel drive hot hatch with a three-litre, 230hp V6 mounted where the rear seats of a regular Clio would be and a manual gearbox. What's hybrid-like about that?

Its very short wheelbase, rearward weight bias, additional weight over a normal Clio, and somewhat compromised steering rack means that it's normally prone to a bit of understeer and then a lot of oversteer really very suddenly - and more so in the wet, which we don't have in this time trial. However the softer tyres being used (Sports Hard rather than the standard Comfort Soft) have made it a fair bit more neutral.

Back