Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,968 comments
1723713399866.png

I would love to own a ride like this Clio car. I tyhink this is a neat car/track combo. Don't you guys think so. It does not produce oversteer or understeer.

I've also been kicked in silver zone at RBR... :nervous:

Awesome score at Bathurst, by the way :cheers: !!
Luckily there was an extra TT, right 😎

Thanks dude. Losing 60-70% of that time vs the leaders through the twisty downhill part and the exit onto the straight through having to use a controller I think. Will try a wheel again but as I use it so rarely I doubt I'll get anywhere near the 1.32s 😂

Luckily there was an extra TT, right 😎
Yeah, now we have plenty of TTs... :mischievous:
Thanks dude. Losing 60-70% of that time vs the leaders through the twisty downhill part and the exit onto the straight through having to use a controller I think. Will try a wheel again but as I use it so rarely I doubt I'll get anywhere near the 1.32s 😂
Yeah, I have the same issue on the exact same part (with my controller). Sadly, the speed exit of The Dipper is essential for a good or an excellent score here.
I guess my optimal should be on high 2:34 (I'm not 1 sec slower than you, I'm just human).

Happy lapping dude ;)

Yeah, now we have plenty of TTs... :mischievous:

Yeah, I have the same issue on the exact same part (with my controller). Sadly, the speed exit of The Dipper is essential for a good or an excellent score here.
I guess my optimal should be on high 2:34 (I'm not 1 sec slower than you, I'm just human).

Happy lapping dude ;)
Happy lapping to you mate.

That’s something you can explore over the mountain this week. Currently the world record sits on the brink of a flat 2:30, requiring a 2:34.7 to make the gold time. We’re not expecting that to last, and we’d estimate a 2:28.5 will take the crown so you’ll want a 2:32.9 or better if you’re looking to take the 2m credit prize.
Holy cow...
:(:nervous:

I love this TT much more than I thought I would :D It's such a joy to drive this car around this track, especially in VR, even the downhill braking is not such a big deal to nail. First session:

1723719300669.jpg

Following @Tidgney ghost, I'm right on his tail for most of the lap, I must figure out how to take the left before the back straight, I'm losing literally half a second there, that is the most difficult part for me currently. That, and I think I'm in the 30s, which will be the goal here, and it will be done :D

I love this TT much more than I thought I would :D It's such a joy to drive this car around this track, especially in VR, even the downhill braking is not such a big deal to nail. First session:

View attachment 1381151

Following @Tidgney ghost, I'm right on his tail for most of the lap, I must figure out how to take the left before the back straight, I'm losing literally half a second there, that is the most difficult part for me currently. That, and I think I'm in the 30s, which will be the goal here, and it will be done :D
Apparently your last vacation on Alpha Centauri went well, didn't it?
Did you saw any cows? Some are missing around here and were abducted too, according to @Gogga ....

(fantastic score, just really amazing)

If you want a Gran Turismo 3-style Clio Cup, I've got a bunch on my profile and they're set so you can recolour them if you need. I think I've got all the original numbers in their original colours, and a couple more besides.

As I recall we originally made them for a GT Sport event and I think @daan provided some of the decals.

Edit: Probably wouldn't take five minutes for a custom number/colour if anyone wants one that isn't already there.

Last edited:
See, I told you you could get into the 52's. I did NOT give you permission to beat my time by .006, however...:grumpy::lol:
I felt both bad about it and awesome for it. I'm sorry! I just wanted a 52 and was putting down some real consistency. If I had had another half hour I'm certain I could've found my optimal. I had some deltas into the first corner that put me in the hunt for top 100 but couldn't get one solid one done that fast. 🤷‍♂️

Happy to see my silver in the Rampage held up over night. I just couldn't get myself to give it another run to secure my hold. Would have been like starting from scratch in the car.

I did a few laps in the Clio on the controller this morning and only just made bronze. I love both the car and the track, but on the controller the car feels really bouncy and loose. Wheel time this evening and we'll see how it goes.

Very busy day with results day and me having to send out results! But I've still managed to get the guide done, going to hunt down a 2:29 later if I get the chance as I think a low 2:29 is possible! Very fun and I would argue one of the easier ones to get 2 million on?

My Pad lap also has a ghost to if you want to follow it (Look for the TCR_Tidgney lap).

Here's the guide for those that want it!

Still rank 1 to 👀

Very busy day with results day and me having to send out results! But I've still managed to get the guide done, going to hunt down a 2:29 later if I get the chance as I think a low 2:29 is possible! Very fun and I would argue one of the easier ones to get 2 million on?

My Pad lap also has a ghost to if you want to follow it (Look for the TCR_Tidgney lap).

Here's the guide for those that want it!

Still rank 1 to 👀

I have no clue how you adapted so damn quick to the physics on pad mate!
i'm struggling big time :grumpy:
Thanks again and looking forward to figure it all out on MP watching your rear :lol::lol:

Got 4kk yay. Getting better with amg at laguna, gold time in sights. Enjoying this one even though I don't like the track so much. Although there is one track i hate more..
1000019647.jpg
1000019648.jpg

Mount panorama...

1000019646.jpg

Love the car. I can even manage to save some sketchy moments, but I highly doubt I'll find around 3.5s to get somewhat safe gold. I'm off for the weekend so next wheel time will be for clash of titans on sunday and maybe some trialing later

Last edited:
Wow. what a TT! Loving the Mt. Panorama + Clio combo. In about 10 laps was able to put a time of 2:33:823 which is safe for Gold now but am sure times will keep dropping.

20240815_174914.jpg

I'll prefer a street car over any GR car or even speed demon GT cars. Mt. Panorama is a great track especially the middle sector with uphill & downhill sections.

20240815_174814.jpg

This time I just tried with A/T & followed a ghost from 970th position which already helped me with braking points & racing lines. Excited to better my best time still.

I received my 19th and 20th gold at payday at TM and RBR today.
Funnily enough, I didn't have a single gold exactly 20 weeks ago. I had just never seriously tried before joining this thread. After that, I realised that things were actually going quite well. Only the Nordschleife fobbed me off with a silver (yet I can't bring myself to hate my favourite track) 🥴

But I admit that I'm noticing a few signs of wear and tear on my motivation (not to say it's getting a bit boring while at the same time a need to gold becomes usual which is as bad), especially as I don't actually have the time to enjoy all the TTs that are currently being thrown onto the market.
Maybe I need a sabbatical 🤔

1000016071.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back