Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,914 comments
I'm glad there is another one tomorrow

I did a lot of miles past week on Suzuka to get me a descent time, problem then is that I immediately lose interest in it, so returning is not gonna happen..

Same goes for the AMG.... it was a real struggle to get to know the car and physics a bit and did enough miles on it....

Then Mount Panaroma.... nice combo and I'm very capable of top 100 on it , should be around 160/170 right now but just had enough of it......

Then Spa is left......God I despice that handling 🤣, slide without squeeking as @Dan_Tes mentioned already, it understeers if you even think about it.... Eau Rouge is a real murder wapon.....and don't even try braking .... for me this was a gold and run,

So im very happy once I'm in that Lambo 😁🤣🤣
Bro I just got back to Spa and Jesus, I really really really started to lose the will to live. It took about 45 minutes just to get through Eau Rouge once, without crashing 🤣

I did set a lap in the end and despite completely stuffing up the bus stop chicane it was a time i might just be happy enough to end on; I don’t think I can face driving that car again…!

IMG_8571.jpeg

IMG_8570.jpeg

Cool little thing though!

Then on to Laguna Seca, god I love this combo. That Merc is an absolute thing and on Racing Softs it’s just so adjustable and chuckable. Still time on the table here, maybe not as much as Spa but consistent fast laps are so doable here it’d be tempting to jump in a few more times! My favourite moment of todays session was absolutely nailing T6, I don’t think I’ve ever got through it so perfectly (YouTube video attached for your viewing pleasure 😂)

No attempt at Mt Panorama so @Vule your time is safe from me at least 😈 fantastic lap though man great seeing you up the top of the friends leaderboard! 😄

As for friends leaderboard some slight short shifting at the end of my PB meant my time is agonisingly short of @djolliea ’s but I expect he can go much faster anyway so… never mind 🙊

IMG_8577.jpeg

IMG_8576.jpeg

Looking forward to the new trial but i haven’t even got started at Suzuka so… plenty of work still to do 😎

@Dan_Tes hey great time as always. I just changed my controller configuration settings. I set the L1 button for braking, R1 for acceleration, X button for shifting down and square for shifting up. I thought about that method a couple months ago, but I never applied it. I'm hoping this will be a better setting. See you're using a wheel so you can't really tell me if that was the best option.

I did have a little improvement at Laguna. I clocked a 1'23.863, I pushed myself in Sector 3 and took about a second off my personal best. The corkscrew sucks.

Last edited:
@TumeK5 Yeah, but I wanted to try my method first, if I don't see drastic improvement I'll have to switch the braking back to L2 and acceleration to the R2 button. I assume you're using a wireless controller too. I need to get to work. Maybe you can send me a friend request later. I feel the triggers are too slow for the X/square button, so I had to make this adjustment.

So many trials to do and so little time to focus on all of them!

Starting off with the Merc at Laguna Seca, I haven't struggled this hard with a time trial since the Snow trial in the GR Yaris. For a while it was borderline if I would even make it into gold. I'm able to stick with the top time through the first sector and and turns 4 and 5, but after that I have absolutely no chance of keeping up. I've got no idea how to carry that much speed through T6, and then I lose out even more through the exit of the Corkscrew and T9. Barely feel in control of the car by the time I get to T10 and there's really not much time to gain through the final corner. Only managed a 1:20.914 which places me 1,936th currently. Not sure if this is a combination that favours the wheel over pad, can't really explain why I'm so far off the pace otherwise. Not like I didn't put effort in either, spent about 200-300km trying to just get a safe gold time.

Haven't made any further attempts with the Honda at Spa, but my rank has fallen to 186th which I'm still happy with.

1919be244ba48-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_441563628986966_1724857925730.jpg

Next up is Group 2 (Honda NSX) at Suzuka. Managed a 1:48.840 in my first session which places me 537th currently. I may come back to this one to find the extra few tenths as I enjoy driving Gr2 around Suzuka. Shame there isn't more variety in the cars you can pick from here (particularly the GT1 cars). Not much else to say yet as it was a somewhat unremarkable lap and the car feels nice and neutral so no complaints there either.

Finally, the Renault at Bathurst. In my second session here I set a 2:30.882 which had me inside the top 50 at the time of setting it. Unfortunately it has since dropped outside of the top 100 now to 109th. I've had another 2 sessions since setting that time and on neither occasion was I even close to getting back into the 30.8s. I just could not for the life of me figure out that car again. Last night was looking promising to improve, but I simply ran out of time by the end of the night so there were no improvements to be found. The Renault is an odd car to drive, it feels extraordinarily gutless for a V6 in a small hatchback, and it has the odd ability to get fully on the power before you've even arrived at the middle of the corner. It also reacts terribly to trying to correct the slight oversteer it gets through the higher speed corners. Overall feel a bit disappointed with my efforts here, feels like I've left time on the track and failed to secure a top 100 time at my home track.

1919be2869e92-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_441563633174427_1724857942087.jpg

And now we move onto the Murcielago at Monza. Really looking forward to this, as the Murci is my favourite of the V12 lambos and it sounds extraordinary. Monza could be a bit better in terms of engagement but I think in the Murci it should be quite fun. :P

2:20.690 was my final time at Bathurst, and with that a new record for me of 72nd! Something about Kiwis and Bathurst, it seems. Or with me and the Clio V6, I like driving it.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240826204025.jpg

I'd been sitting around 2:30.9 for ages and couldn't beat it. I took a break and then attempted again and thought I was setting myself a benchmark for the time reference, then crossed the line and was a 2:30.69 and was really surprised/relieved/excited. I guess the reference time was stressing me out too much and making me bottle it when I knew I was up.

@Dan_Tes hey great time as always. I just changed my controller configuration settings. I set the L1 button for braking, R1 for acceleration, X button for shifting down and square for shifting up. I thought about that method a couple months ago, but I never applied it. I'm hoping this will be a better setting. See you're using a wheel so you can't really tell me if that was the best option.

I did have a little improvement at Laguna. I clocked a 1'23.863, I pushed myself in Sector 3 and took about a second off my personal best. The corkscrew sucks.

I hate to tell you this, but I think you're only making life harder for yourself...

Chris, @TumeK5 is absolutely right here, worst you can do imo changing throttle to R1.... and braking L1..., no abbility to feed pressure on those, just stick with L2 and R2 and let the mind muscle connection do it's job

!!!!!!!YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!! SUB 1:49 BAYBAYYYYYY

ahem

It was a good lap.
You see ;) :) :lol:, nice job mate, you can sleep peacefully now :):)💪💪

2:20.690 was my final time at Bathurst, and with that a new record for me of 72nd! Something about Kiwis and Bathurst, it seems. Or with me and the Clio V6, I like driving it.

View attachment 1384919

I'd been sitting around 2:30.9 for ages and couldn't beat it. I took a break and then attempted again and thought I was setting myself a benchmark for the time reference, then crossed the line and was a 2:30.69 and was really surprised/relieved/excited. I guess the reference time was stressing me out too much and making me bottle it when I knew I was up.
Great effort!

whoever tries Monza RIGHT NOW will be at least 7th :D you dont need to be fast, you just need to hurry and play right now :D
Too late I am 219th 😁 and surely last too.

Tried a lap just to test how it will be. With current silver time I may be able to reach that level, was not so far after my first lap, but it will move.

Not sure that combo will be very pleasant for me again, but it felt better than the Clio, I feel that at least I can keep control of the car, if I don't brake too late.

Hi guys (and Greek)

Bruce Banner and Hulk were really motivated to score a secure gold.
Sticking 4 excellent sectors together isn't easy at Suzuka and there's always one to ruin the all lap...

Finally, I've acheived this objective with a decent 1:50.247 🥇

1724923965686.png

There's still some tenths on the table and a 1:49 should be possible for me but I'm done here.

The shops remains open with some new optimals (for those who want to impress their fans)

1724924100544.png

1724924118558.png

Don't hesitate to PM me for pricing :)

Time to fly to Italy now... 😁

The results for TT95 at Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit in the Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00 are over here.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community scoreboards.

Interim Results for TT96 at Suzuka in Gr.2. At this interim stage it is a very average example of a TT on my difficulty-o-meter.

1724924752664.png

1724924255830.png
1724924394502.png

1724924412095.png
LB.png

Hi guys (and....)

I left Suzuka this morning, and I just arrived in Monza to play with the Italian Bull.
The first laps were pretty fun, and this TT isn't too complex to gold as long you brake early. Really early.

1724929979404.png

S1: 35.915 - possibly the sector where I'm losing most of the time
S2: 38.439 - Lesmo 1 & 2 were pretty correct
S3: 38.578 - I've probably left some tenths at Ascari

Yes, there are still some tenths here and there but I'm already on a solid gold score.

For those who seek for a human ghost, mine is available here:
1724930345247.png

May the Force be with you!

1724930640648.png

1724930683771.png

Back