Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,991 comments
zjn
I have been told that Jeddah second name is Mario, so I think I'm ok with him being on top.
It is a concession I feel I can make
Who told you that? Anyways, I'm fixing to do the Monza TT, anything I should watch out for? The only thing I hate about Monza is trying to perfect that first Sector where you have to make a right and then an immediate left, I'll post a picture of where I'm talking about.

1724947194892.png

I despise that section with a huge passion, 80% of the time I'll ruin my lap here. And then coming out from that part my car will slide some and I either lose balance or head straight on, see my TCS is always set at 0. It's always a roll of the dice here, I'll never know what will happen.

Last edited:
That is one difference between us. I won't do it.
I'm not trying to take anything from you or your approach, that's completely fine, but I always find these situations a great chance to improve my skills in some area that I'm lacking. This is excatly the case, I don't have any issues with Monza, I know it very well and like it so much, but this Lambo I think I've never ever driven in this game, especially in this BoP configuration with these tyres. So, my first go was horrendous, as I expected, and I set myself the goal of learning the car behaviour and finding little things where time could be gained. And when I succeed, it's a great feeling, I acomplished something, improved my driving, and when I find myself in a similar situation next time, I will know what to do and how to do it :)

I'm not trying to take anything from you or your approach, that's completely fine, but I always find these situations a great chance to improve my skills in some area that I'm lacking. This is excatly the case, I don't have any issues with Monza, I know it very well and like it so much, but this Lambo I think I've never ever driven in this game, especially in this BoP configuration with these tyres. So, my first go was horrendous, as I expected, and I set myself the goal of learning the car behaviour and finding little things where time could be gained. And when I succeed, it's a great feeling, I acomplished something, improved my driving, and when I find myself in a similar situation next time, I will know what to do and how to do it :)
Some people should read, read, read, and learn this message. I'm so agree with this mindset.
Getting out of the comfort zone is the best way (and possibly the only) to improve ourselves.

Went back to Monza, as my friend @Jeje6410 invited me to secure my gold.
Good idea, good practice, and... good point!

1724951898544.png

There are still some tenths here and there and I could have fun to chase some. Who knows.

No offense but obviously, the dark side of the Force is much stronger (and faster) than the carrots:

1724951745468.png

1724952252143.jpeg

Best,
Dark V.

What an absolute cruiseship to drive around with....., this can't be the character of a Murcielago right?....
Brakes...ok, it's a powerfull car but the understeer is just soooo bad...🙈🙈🤣🤣
I haven't driven a Murcielago, but this can't be it...?? ....now I won't by one for real 🤣🤣🤣

Well.... Thursday nokia time

1000025215.jpg

that'll hold ...🙈

1000025216.jpg

Collected my well earned 2mil from australia. Off to monza... this is fun, car doesn't brake efficiently but it is somewhat managable.. started pretty cautiously with early brake points and worked my way up to here. At some point I used some famous youtubers that name starts with a T ghost, but mostly.. my own pb ghost got in my way when I caught up to it (0.5s gap with sector resets). Optimals at 1:51.6. Something to chase during daily marathons.
1000019852.jpg
1000019853.jpg

Last edited:
What an absolute cruiseship to drive around with....., this can't be the character of a Murcielago right?....
I haven't driven a Murcielago, but this can't be it...?? ....now I won't by one for real 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 1385107

that'll hold ...🙈

View attachment 1385108
Are we using the same green on our cars? 🤣

Are we using the same green on our cars? 🤣
Jup, although I didn't changed the rims when I bought it yesterday.... did smack on a tiny SV logo on it on the epic bat-ears .... that will net me a tenth 🤣🤣

1000025218.jpg

Did ran some extra laps ....it's all about ascari 🤣.....this cruiseship even floats the whole damn ascari..
I found braking on ABS weak a little better, seems like more "feeling"

1000025217.jpg

Definitely not the most difficult TT we had, I predict some GTPlanet filled top 100 in the end...

Tomorrow another day, but not a bad start

#teamgreen

Jup, although I didn't changed the rims when I bought it yesterday.... did smack on a tiny SV logo on it on the epic bat-ears .... that will net me a tenth 🤣🤣

View attachment 1385130

Did ran some extra laps ....it's all about ascari 🤣.....this cruiseship even floats the whole damn ascari..
I found braking on ABS weak a little better, seems like more "feeling"

View attachment 1385131

Definitely not the most difficult TT we had, I predict some GTPlanet filled top 100 in the end...

Tomorrow another day, but not a bad start

#teamgreen
Nice, and that is an olive or forest green hue to it. Well off I go to Monza, I'll just let the other time trials go, (at Spa and Weathertech). However Suzuka is a fun one and so will this one at Monza. And good luck to all of you participating in the Murcielago one.

Some people should read, read, read, and learn this message. I'm so agree with this mindset.
Getting out of the comfort zone is the best way (and possibly the only) to improve ourselves.

View attachment 1385092

There are still some tenths here and there and I could have fun to chase some. Who knows.

No offense but obviously, the dark side of the Force is much stronger (and faster) than the carrots:

View attachment 1385091

View attachment 1385096

Best,
Dark V.
Bravo and respect my dear Daniel !!!!! 👏👏👏💪💪💪

I agree too but going out of your comfort zone and driving like a moron does not get you much benefits (yes I am refering too me in a lot of TTs 😁 )

View attachment 1385108
Well... the guy is top 100 using remote play on his laptop... just usual alien stuff 🤣

View attachment 1385092

View attachment 1385091

View attachment 1385096

Best,
Dark V.
I got the point and everything is fine. At the moment I simply don't want to improve but enjoy my comfort zone where it feels as if I could be a fast driver... Right now it is simply an entertaining game for me despite the depth that GT7 offers as many great people gere showed me. Maybe I'm not ambitious.

I got the point and everything is fine. At the moment I simply don't want to improve but enjoy my comfort zone where it feels as if I could be a fast driver... Right now it is simply an entertaining game for me despite the depth that GT7 offers as many great people gere showed me. Maybe I'm not ambitious.
Naa my friend, you're enough ambitious (I don't judge) :)

I was referring to my personal experience (private and pro). I struggle to be "happy" with basic things, basics ranking, basics scores, etc. I've always been my best challenger because I need to challenge myself. Each time I came out of my comfort zone, I've "succeed".

Speaking about GT7, I've decided to increase my "user experience" with better skills, better scores (I try), and better tools (work in progress). And to acheive this, you can't perform staying in the comfort zone (at last, I just can't). It doesnt mean everyone should do the same.

GT7 is a game, nothing but a game, and I don't take it for something more important than that. 2 years ago, I was playing "smooth", then I've started to play online with TTs. I've quickly realized I was lacking skills and was really needing to learn. I could keep on playing "smooth" ot training, learning, etc. But when you're a competitor, you want more, you want be faster, etc. Exactly like @Vule explained earlier.

Everyone plays and engages with the game as he want/as he can. There's no good or bad experience. Our gaming experiences are probably different, and that's make us so valuable to others.

Last edited:

View attachment 1385107

that'll hold ...🙈

View attachment 1385108
Right!?? The brakes are fine I think this thing is a ballistic missile but that power on understeer sent me to BARRY R a few times 🤪 like @Vule i had a bit of a mess for the first few laps but this car has few surprises once you get what it’s about! ABS weak as @Gomario JSP mentioned above is key; huge braking zones at high speed at Monza means it makes a big difference and the car can still be rotated nicely under trail braking (and seems to be able to be rotated mid corner through braking.. nice). It’s a bit of a blunt object but it’s still fun and how nice is it to ride the kerbs under power and not fear a terrifying spin? Noice

Might try a few laps at Suzuka to get a time on the board, should be fun. I love high downforce cars!

IMG_8580.jpeg
IMG_8582.jpeg
IMG_8579.jpeg

Last edited:
And after one sweaty session, I think I finally understand how to take the first chicane, especially the exit. And I guess I kinda understood this car, you can achieve so much with the gentle trailbraking, smooth throttle application on exits and use the horrible gearbox to your advantage to nudge the car further into the apex.

SHARE_20240829_1041090.jpeg

Now the exit to the back straight remains to be decrypted, I slide too much on entry, can't seem to control it and set it up nicely to be able to apply the early throttle, I lose 3-4 tenths easy just on that one part, compared to the top ghosts.

But all in all, compared to the session this morning, I can only be pleased. I believe 50s are possible, probably :)

Hey everyone,

just a heads up to let you know I'm still alive ;)

First week after vacation was very hectic, I barely managed to do a few laps for each of the gazillion currently active TTs. Which is a shame, the Clio at Mt. Paranormal™ would have totally been my jam.

Spa is the stuff of nightmares for me though. I am 1.3 seconds behind gold there, and on the one hand I don't want my now long-running streak to be broken, but on the other hand I can't bring myself to spend one more second in this thing, it makes me feel like I am totally incompetent at the game. 9 out of 10 times I either invalidate in Eau Rouge / Raidillon or take it so badly that I am already out of gold range and see the ghost disappear in the sunset. But even when I somehow get through the first sector ok, it's a dance on a razor's edge everywhere else as well. I threw away two promising laps because I lost control simply braking in a straight line before the final chicane: somehow my wheel oscillates like crazy in this car when I step hard on the brakes at high speeds. Yeah, I think I'm done with this one, it had to happen sooner or later. :guilty:

The Lambo is fun though, and much more digestible ;)

1724972569748.png

Monza somehow turned out to be very doable even though I'm not a fan of neither the track (straight — tight chicane combos are killing the flow for me) nor the car (how is it possible that this car feels slow at 250 km/h?).
First time for months when I got gold in the first session. Nice!
Didn't expect TC0 to work so smooth on a road car with so many tight exits either.

The most difficult parts for me were:
1. Finding the right braking point for T1 — this one depends greatly on how good was the exit onto the finish straight.
2. Survive the exit of the chicane #2.
3. Finding the balance between greed and caution in chicane #3 aka Ascari.
4. Getting as much speed as possible out of the final curve.

Happy with the result, though I don't expect it to hold even within top 2k by the end of two weeks.
The optimal was in 1:51.9* so further improvement is totally possible.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240830003827 crop.jpg

Now the Suzuka TT is a very fun and focus-demanding challenge!
Gr.2 is my favourite category: perfect grip and handling while being snappy and fast. And still looking and sounding like real cars, not some laser-blaster spaceships from Gr. 1.
These cars are criminally underpresented in the game! Only 10 of them makes Gr. 2 the smallest race group in GT7. Would love to see more Gr. 2 events!

Anyway, Suzuka track is overused, but it feels just perfect in this combo.
You can learn a lot just by following the top ghosts and trying different ways to gain time. Nailing the 1st sector and the Spoon were the key factors for me.
NSX handles like a dream. Precisely what I was missing after the 1.49 floaty physics update. Or am I getting a variant of Stockholm syndrome here? 😄

Will provably return to try to get into 1:49s.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240830004052 crop.jpg

Meanwhile at Spa my time is handling at 2.99% top. 😱 Please don't make me go back into that log and try to survive Raidillon with no downforce over and over and over again.

Phew, what a ride that was, I've been using mostly MT but on the harder tracks, I use AT. Suzuka is one of them so this is an acception, clocked a 1'52.850 and passed about 20,000 drivers in the rankings. Lol, I clocked this time at Sector 2. Wicked. Take a look in the video and see for yourself.

1724974871990.png

I think this might be a silver one for me to get, but gold I'm unsure about. I could have braked a little later at the U-turn to get a faster exit. Idk, what do you guys think? To me, that was a huge gap from 1'54.365 to 1'52.850, by me utilizing the curbing and the braking markers. I might be able to do better with TCS at 0-1. That first sector gives me trouble, going right and left 2-3 and trying to keep the car in balance and not lose control. Hard.

So, here is progress being made, and big of course! Degner 1, and Spoon are some tricky sections too, if I might add. So in order for me to get a gold time, I must clock Sector 2 at 47 seconds. Or maybe even close to 48.

@crome, welcome back! I changed my mind, I'm not starting Monza until the weekend. I'm slowly climbing the ladder at Suzuka. The NSX Concept '16 has been working well for me as that's the meta too, so I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh......this is so unsatisfying! I had so may invalided .2s and .3s where I just licked the track limit. Also so many .5s and .6s where I messed up the 2nd chicane or Ascari 🫠

This will have to do for now. I can barely feel my left leg from all the heavy braking 🤣
1000077388.jpg

Last edited:
I realized I haven't posted here in a couple days. Hopefully this post doesn't clutter the thread too much.

I got jealous of everyone picking up time at MP before the final day, so I decided to give it one more run last night. I dropped my time by half a tenth and grabbed a few spots. But what is maddening is that I had a horrendous first sector. I was running .8's coming into turn 2 all night, only to have a craptastic run through turn 1 on this lap. My time would have been a 2:30.5 and I quite possibly may have joined in on the #45-49 parade with the other GTPer's here if not for one bad corner.
IMG_3556.jpg

Two nights ago I turned some more laps at Spa. Despite dropping into the 2:28's, I am unhappy. I had a 2:29.0 the day before with a simply awful sector 2 time of 1:08.6 sandwiched between two great sectors (I think that was my most recent post). My new lap saw a 1:07.9!! sector 2, but the rest of the lap was incredibly subpar. I would say at least 3 tenths - if not more - were left on the table. :banghead: I will be going back there for one more attempt minimum. And unlike a few others here, I love the Spa TT, no matter how frustrating Eau Rouge can be.
IMG_3553.jpg

Tonight was Monza. Not a bad first attempt, but I had a 1:51.2 optimal time. I took it waaay to easy in Parabolica on my personal best (valid) lap. No doubt a tenth was lost there. Also, the car is orange. I'm unsure why so many of you are running laps in the wrong color. :lol:
IMG_3562.jpg

Well, I got in the Murcie this evening and started driving and managed to get a 1:53.1 which put me about 3 tenths into the gold zone. But, I decided to keep pushing for something more secure...took a solid 3 hours but it was hours of steady improvement so really quite enjoyable. Hope this sticks because I won't be going in for more! :lol: If it does, it's gold number 10 for me.

IMG_2020.JPG

Last edited:
1724985009947.png

Well I did two laps and ended up with this, I messed up my video and had edit it/cut some seconds off so it wouldn't be so long for you guys to look at, so I won't be able to show it until tomorrow/Saturday night. Wow, that's the best ranking I've ever had.

EDIT: yes, it just finished, here it is!!

That first entry at the right-left chicane was bad, it cost me maybe about a second of time, which is crucial. At the next chicane, I braked between the 100-200 mark, should I have braked early or later, it's confusing and annoying at the same time. The two double right turns before the tunnel are a pain in the butt, I never can get it right no matter what car I use. So after the tunnel I braked at the 200 meter which may have been too early, I didn't have a fast enough exit.

The rest went well, @Dolph Drago what do you think? Any other advice would be good. See Monza is an easy track for me to always use MT on.

Last edited:
Back