Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,919 comments
I admit that it look me an awful while to figure this out, but it seems that the percentages are based on the total seconds accounted for in each time. So for example, the current best for the Gr.2 @ Suzuka time trial is 1:47.331, or alternatively, 107.331 seconds. If you multiply those seconds by 1.03 (representing the 3% threshold for gold), you'll get your target time in the form of total seconds, being 110.550, or 1:50.550 after you subtract 60 and convert it into a single minute.

Similarly, let's take the 2:25.904 that's the best for the HRC-themed time trial. This time is over two minutes, so we add 120 to 25.904, netting us 145.904 total seconds. Multiplying by 1.03 gets us ~150.281, and then we can subtract the two minutes (in the form of seconds) to get us 2:30.281.

I think this could be especially handy for if you're taking a look at the current best-times on the website, rather than in-game. (Though it would be handy if we could see the gold/silver/bronze thresholds without needing to boot up the game, too - plus where we stand!)

Oof. Went into the TTs today expecting to play with the Murcie but noticed I had been knocked out of gold at SpA so that's what I needed to concentrate on!

Took a while to make a dent in my previous time, but I eventually I got into the 2:29s which I'm pretty happy with. Only 1929th in the world, but second place on my friends list!

SpA TT 2.PNG

While I was doing that a Mr. B. Hencsei managed to set a new standard at Laguna Seca, running a 1:18.939 to K. Bruins 1:18.978 which knocked me back out of gold, so back to Laguna Seca now to protect that medal too... and I just suck at this one. After 40 or so laps I maintained gold, but barely improved. I know what needs to be done, but for the moment don't have the skill to pull it off. I would have liked to have been in the 1:20s, but I just ran out of time. Oh well, can't win them all!

LS TT.PNG

Won't be back into the game until next week sometime, so until then, everybody keep at it!

Evening friendos!! What a day I’ve had, just back home and got a 20 minute session in before late night gym… I know it’s boring but I LOVE gr.2 at Suzuka! Just such a fun car to drive. Some improvement today but think I’ve got a 1:47.xxx in me so now this is my focus 😎

YouTube video pending not that I’m sure anyone will care, the Monza trial is much more interesting I know 😁

IMG_8602.jpeg
IMG_8603.jpeg

No YouTube video until later so here’s a pretty picture through Degna 2
IMG_8601.jpeg

Last edited:
Evening friendos!! What a day I’ve had, just back home and got a 20 minute session in before late night gym… I know it’s boring but I LOVE gr.2 at Suzuka! Just such a fun car to drive. Some improvement today but think I’ve got a 1:47.xxx in me so now this is my focus 😎

YouTube video pending not that I’m sure anyone will care, the Monza trial is much more interesting I know 😁
If your ghost is up online, I may give it another crack Dan? Always looking to slasssh a few secs off till the YT vid loads up!

Last edited:
With one day to go I just had another go with the RA-272 to see if I could better my first session time of 2:32.8. I could not even get close to this, only getting a. 2:33.2 today. I’m not even remotely near gold on this one and I’m a pitiful 19k global.

I’m obviously missing something obvious with driving this car. What’s the trick with going quick?

Last edited:
With one day to go I just had another go with the RA-272 to see if I could better my first session time of 2:32.8. I could not even get close to this, only getting a. 2:33.2 today. I’m not even remotely near gold on this one and I’m a pitiful 19k global.

I’m obviously missing something obvious with driving this car. What’s the trick with going quick?
One thing I found out from my session today - which netted me a decent silver-tier time - was that you can keep it in 5th as you go through Eau Rouge + Raidillon.

This was tough but fun! I know people don’t like the FF on this car but I loved it TGT-II user… the way you can feel the lack of downforce and the lightness I kinda like! I kept messing up the long sweeper before the hairpin at the end… so that was hurting me bad but once it clicked I was good!

IMG_8613.jpeg

This might be the best I do. I took two seconds off from where I started today, but I’m not seeing any improvement now. In fact, most of my laps are in the 2:31s. Only two laps have been in the 30s. I can’t see myself finding another .6 to get.

Saying that though, I have huge variability on the different sectors. Sometimes I could be .3 up and in the next sector .7 down. The next lap is opposite. The definitely should be another .4 in me but still I don’t see gold so I’m quitting this one.

Nevertheless the RA 272 is a joy to drive in VR.

IMG_8514.jpeg

Perhaps I’ll have one more go after a break. So close….

Last edited:
This might be the best I do. I took two seconds off from where I started today, but I’m not seeing any improvement now. In fact, most of my laps are in the 2:31s. Only two laps have been in the 30s. I can’t see myself finding another .6 to get.

Saying that though, I have huge variability on the different sectors. Sometimes I could be .3 up and in the next sector .7 down. The next lap is opposite. The definitely should be another .4 in me but still I don’t see gold so I’m quitting this one.

Nevertheless the RA 272 is a joy to drive in VR.

View attachment 1385497
Perhaps I’ll have one more go after a break. So close….
Did you notice any strange offset to the Honda in VR? For me if I sat normally the car would load pointed slightly to the left with me sat back in it too far, so I would always have to reset by looking slightly right and leaning back to get centered in the cockpit.

Most cars are just fine, but this one seems to be off a little bit. Wonder if it's the same for others.

Did you notice any strange offset to the Honda in VR? For me if I sat normally the car would load pointed slightly to the left with me sat back in it too far, so I would always have to reset by looking slightly right and leaning back to get centered in the cockpit.

Most cars are just fine, but this one seems to be off a little bit. Wonder if it's the same for others.
I will try tomorrow morning for I will do the other one on VR… I will let you know… also I read your signature you only drive with ABS weak?

I’m not sure about pointing to the left but I do usually have to reset my position when I start up. Usually for height.

But the wheel on this car in to the left of the driver to make room for the gear shift. Bumper cam racers probably haven’t noticed that, but having the steering wheel to the left of the driver may be throwing off the initial VR position.

Morning fellow addicts......

Saturday morning, coffey and staring at the pile of ikea boxes that are laying in the livingroom waiting for me to unbox (making a complete TV wall )....

But naah....Murcielago first.. 🤣🤣
Cats asleep......family asleep... V12 it is!

Had a lot of trouble with T1 at first when following Chafe, till the point I was frustrated like h*ll .. then loaded Tidgney's lap and noticed his S1 is a lot slower than Chafe's and I was able to chase Tidgney.... Damian is just to fast for me 🙈🤣🤣

After a few miles I managed to hit a 51.140 and looking at the leaderboard that was exactly @Dan_Tes time 🤣🤣
I was very happy....but a little devastated it wasn't 51.139 🤣

Made the video but went out again, T1 felt better but Lesmo 2 was slower than my .140 lap for sure, ascari I was slower in but had a little different line and went out like a rocket 🤣

So..... @Dan_Tes

1000025263.gif

(I know this won't last long, but I'm celebrating while I can 🤣🤣)

That said....

1000025260.jpg

1000025261.jpg

Have fun guys, I'm off ikea'ing the whole weekend i guess 🙈🤣

* sorry....stuffed up the video I see 🙈🙈

Last edited:
Morning fellow addicts......

Saturday morning, coffey and staring at the pile of ikea boxes that are laying in the livingroom waiting for me to unbox (making a complete TV wall )....

But naah....Murcielago first.. 🤣🤣
Cats asleep......family asleep... V12 it is!

Had a lot of trouble with T1 at first when following Chafe, till the point I was frustrated like h*ll .. then loaded Tidgney's lap and noticed his S1 is a lot slower than Chafe's and I was able to chase Tidgney.... Damian is just to fast for me 🙈🤣🤣

After a few miles I managed to hit a 51.140 and looking at the leaderboard that was exactly @Dan_Tes time 🤣🤣
I was very happy....but a little devastated it wasn't 51.139 🤣

Made the video but went out again, T1 felt better but Lesmo 2 was slower than my .140 lap for sure, ascari I was slower in but had a little different line and went out like a rocket 🤣

So..... @Dan_Tes

View attachment 1385518
(I know this won't last long, but I'm celebrating while I can 🤣🤣)

That said....

View attachment 1385519
View attachment 1385520

Have fun guys, I'm off ikea'ing the whole weekend i guess 🙈🤣

* sorry....stuffed up the video I see 🙈🙈

For someone who had difficulty on the TT after returning from vacation, I think that you quickly resumed the bad habits of being at the top of the ranking !!!!! 🤣🤣 Looking forward to your next vacation !!! 🤣🤣
But Bravo mon ami !!!!👏👏👏👏

Last edited:
First 10 laps stint at Monza... 6 red laps !! Barely in silver and I don't think I'll go back unless silver threshold goes up.

If I brake early I am too slow, if I brake late I invalidate the lap. No idea how one can be more than 5 seconds faster there.

Used a ghost that was silver time but it was more annoying than anything as it was constantly in my way.

I'll watch some lap guides to see if I can improve but my medium, best and optimal are already very close so...

monza-murci-10laps.jpg

[Edit]watched Tidgney's lap guide, I am spot on on braking points. But one difference I spotted, is that he is braking strong, then releasing fully, then coasting, then accelerating, where I am more mixing hard braking then low/trail braking and low acceleration before giving it all, I never coast.

Last edited:
First 10 laps stint at Monza... 6 red laps !! Barely in silver and I don't think I'll go back unless silver threshold goes up.

If I brake early I am too slow, if I brake late I invalidate the lap. No idea how one can be more than 5 seconds faster there.

Used a ghost that was silver time but it was more annoying than anything as it was constantly in my way.

I'll watch some lap guides to see if I can improve but my medium, best and optimal are already very close so...

View attachment 1385546

[Edit]watched Tidgney's lap guide, I am spot on on braking points. But one difference I spotted, is that he is braking strong, then releasing fully, then coasting, then accelerating, where I am more mixing hard braking then low/trail braking and low acceleration before giving it all, I never coast.
I just checked.....I also coast the h*ll out of it, a lot more than i usual do, you gotta handle dat awd understeer on exits, if you are too soon....bye bye ....hi grass...... 🤣🤣
It's not the easiest car to rotate but it does rotate under braking mid corner....sort of.... that aside from the meters you go wide while shifting up mid corner 🤣🤣

Back