Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,919 comments
I discovered I have a day more than I thought. But it’s killing me!!

4 thousandths off!
IMG_8509.jpeg

I discovered I have a day more than I thought. But it’s killing me!!

4 thousandths off!
View attachment 1385242
I've never seen that before, OMG. The comparison to top cars should say 3.01% then because you are not technically in the gold range. Well good luck, I gave up there last night. Bronze is just gonna have to be good enough. Laguna is one of the most annoying tracks I've ever encountered in a racing game like this. The corkscrew is a big-time lap killer for those who don't pay attention.

Last edited:
Not a bad start to proceedings
53957846500_511884587b_o.jpg

Ragging this bull is a lot of fun, I have to say.
53957846495_fe904f9dae_o.jpg

Commitment is the name of the game here because if you don't have it, you won't get a competitive time. A sticky R1 button did not help my cause on the downshifts, particularly through the Degners where you really have to slam them down quickly. The track is fast and extremely technical, but you people probably knew that already. I'll have another go on Saturday night because I can't stay behind @scourgehedge, @Jeje6410 and @Pesselles.

Last edited:
I spent a few hours today on 4 of the 5 TTs, and I think I have safe golds on all 5 now. Yay 10 mil! The Monza and Suzuka ones weren't bad at all. I wouldn't say they're the easiest to get gold, but definitely not difficult. I had difficulty on the Spa one, but I guess I was just rusty due to not playing GT7 much anymore. After 300km or so I was able to get gold by a good 3.5 tenths, so practice really does make a big difference.

Right!?? The brakes are fine I think this thing is a ballistic missile but that power on understeer sent me to BARRY R a few times 🤪 like @Vule i had a bit of a mess for the first few laps but this car has few surprises once you get what it’s about! ABS weak as @Gomario JSP mentioned above is key; huge braking zones at high speed at Monza means it makes a big difference and the car can still be rotated nicely under trail braking (and seems to be able to be rotated mid corner through braking.. nice). It’s a bit of a blunt object but it’s still fun and how nice is it to ride the kerbs under power and not fear a terrifying spin? Noice

Might try a few laps at Suzuka to get a time on the board, should be fun. I love high downforce cars!

View attachment 1385147

Epic start mate!

Indeed ABS weak is key, and this is one of those TT's where the car grows on you :lol:
But also one of those where fast times come out of nowhere...., this morning i ran somany laps what felt like low 51's but turned out to be .5 of even .6..
Invalidated 2 decent laps though :grumpy::grumpy::boggled::boggled::lol::lol:

191a20bc3c688-screenshotUrl.jpg

191a20b7a6b55-screenshotUrl.jpg

Then had one lap where i missed enough apexes and thought it would be 51.7 or 8...
Curva grande....Lesmo 1 & 2 missed... and turned out to be a .3 :lol::lol: i don't get it :lol:

191a20c052a88-screenshotUrl.jpg

Attachments

• 191a20b7a6b55-screenshotUrl.jpg
    191a20b7a6b55-screenshotUrl.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 191a20bc3c688-screenshotUrl.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The comparison to top cars should say 3.01% then because you are not technically in the gold range.
No, that's not how mathematics works. It's right, to the two decimal places displayed.

The record of 1:18.931 (78.931 seconds) multiplied by 1.03 (or 3%) is 1:21.29893. That's the time you need to equal to be gold. As the game only displays times to thousandths of a second, that means you need to equal 1:21.298 - because the figure isn't rounded; 1:21.299 is higher than 1:21.29893 and therefore not fast enough.

1:21.298 is 2.9988% slower than 1:18.931, which rounds to 3.00%.

@TheNormsk's time of 1:21.302 is 3.0038% slower than 1:18.931, and that also rounds to 3.00%.

It probably shouldn't be a surprise that times recorded to three decimal places sometimes round to the same value when expressed as a percentage ("part per hundred") to two decimal places when approaching roughly 100 seconds.

Last edited:
Hey all - life has gotten in the way recently so I’m behind on my TT. Even so, I thought I had longer on the AMG event. Fortunately I have a day off here so jumped over to Laguna for a quick session before taking the kids to school. Reasonably happy with this effort - will try Suzuka later
1725027111609.jpeg

Sorry my dear Daniel (@Pesselles ) but improve my time at 1'52'351 with optimal time at 1'52'167

View attachment 1385381
Nooo problem my dear friend Jérôme :)
That's very impressive, but I'm not really impress as I knew it would happen soon or late :) And I won't be surprise if you enter the 1:51 Club ;)

I should also try to shave some tenths with the Murcie, but I'll have a busy week-end thanks to my beloved wife and some Scots friends:

1725031135458.png

Happy lapping ;)

For the Honda RA272 @ Spa-Francorhamps time trial, I think my current best is about one or two seconds off, ultimately being a comfortable silver - especially since that one expires this Sunday. As for the Gr.2 @ Suzuka one, I think I'm about 0.11 seconds off gold range, with a very comfortable silver time that's 3.11% off the top. However, for that latter one, I don't think I'll be able to find over a whole tenth to comfortably get into gold range.

That said, it does seem that my gold time for the Clio @ Mt. Panorama time trial did indeed stick, marking my 24th gold.

Last edited:
Kylian owes me 2 million credits. On the Laguna Seca Mercedes challenge, I got to 2.96% of the 1:19. and change time that he set, logged off thinking gold was in the bag, only to find out that he subsequently lowered the time 1:18.931 which gave me silver. Now, we all know that his time is impossible unless you live in zero gravity out in the solar system somewhere. Confirms my suspicion – he’s definitely an alien. Also, I can’t believe that they still haven’t addressed the ridiculous kangaroo braking antics of the AI in the weekly challenges. Who is it at PD that thinks it’s cool to have the AI cars fly into the back of you as you try to take the slow-in/fast-out approach, and then the next car does the brake-lift-brake-lift several times routine to make sure that you run into the back of them on the faster exit? I have never seen a race car do that! And what’s the point of embarrassing the world’s top drivers by putting their names on some of the AI cars that are driving like they’re having a seizure?! We all know that if it was really Kylian Drumont (alien-in-disguise) driving, he would at least adopt a somewhat realistic racing style. It would be even more realistic to have him actually drive the challenge, and then slow his lap time down by 90% so that the A+ drivers can have a chance of catching him by the end.

Back