Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,916 comments
Hurray, finally Silver! :lol: Not a standard these days, either people are getting faster and I'm getting older and slower, or both.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240829140657.jpg

That new TT is one of the easiest I think. Long track, few corners, street car with low downforce = easy gold.

Chicanes are fun to get right though.
It is easy when there are enough tires and traction for the car, like this current TT. I can deal with the long braking distance. It becomes incredibly hard when the tires can't cope with the silly amount of HP like that idiotic VGT we had a while ago 🙈

Interim Results for TT96 at Suzuka in Gr.2. At this interim stage it is a very average example of a TT on my difficulty-o-meter.

Very little figures for Suzuka, boot in terms of overall partecipants and GTP partecipants. I guess holidays?

I'm reading that Monza TT should not be too complicated. I haven't tried it yet, I'm just wondering if it's just a matter to wait for some superhuman to fly through the first chicane and destroy the world record

Tried the Lambo for 15-20 mins before going to pick up the kids from the kindergarden. Jeeesus, like wrestling a greasy pig, not a single braking point was even remotely correct, not a single lap completed :lol:

But it will be done :D
That is one difference between us. I won't do it.

I did only 3 laps and I don't feel it. It is fast and heavy with small brakes - and that's probably how it is IRL but I like any race car more. So, I will enjoy furthermore the speedhunting at Suzuka and leave the Lambo be...

Great if some of you love this combo!

Chris, @TumeK5 is absolutely right here, worst you can do imo changing throttle to R1.... and braking L1..., no abbility to feed pressure on those, just stick with L2 and R2 and let the mind muscle connection do it's job

You see ;) :) :lol:, nice job mate, you can sleep peacefully now :):)💪💪
Ok Jomar, I will switch those two factors then, I trust you and a lot of others here, but I am gonna have to wave the white flag at Laguna, I really want to go on and get a sub 1'22.200, but my patience is running thin here. I did however get this reward at Bathurst, so that made me happy this morning. So, I'm letting go of control, enjoy the new TT guys.

1724940893497.png

I'm sure Monza will be a workout to the lesser skilled drivers, and that car. The Murcielago is an awkward car for me to drive, I know from the old NFS 2002 game on my ps2. It has bad turning sometimes and it's hard to get a grip on coasting through the corners and turns, but I'll just have to deal with it like you guys are.

Last edited:
zjn
Very little figures for Suzuka, boot in terms of overall partecipants and GTP partecipants. I guess holidays?

I'm reading that Monza TT should not be too complicated. I haven't tried it yet, I'm just wondering if it's just a matter to wait for some superhuman to fly through the first chicane and destroy the world record

Ok, I see Jeddah is already in, first chicane was already been flown through

1724941792623.png

yes you are right my dear friend, it didn't take me too long !!! 🤣🤣 This new TT is really very interesting

Improve again my time at Monza with a time at 1'52'528 with optimal time at 1'52'371
View attachment 1385047

Very clean lap, bravo Jérôme!!
There are still some tenths available.
GO GO GO 👏👏

@NAXEHT Wow man, no bronze and silver! Cool collector level. My bronze total will probably reach close to 100, or even silver. But that doesn't bother me. As long as I have a supporting community like you guys who wouldn't be worried about gold medals. Well I need to get to work at Monza, I need plenty of time to reach my desired goal. You're more familiar with MT than I am.

Last edited:
Impressive race stats! I guess being at the front all the time makes getting clean races easier when you're not in the plebeian mid pack pushing you around!
Cheers. That depends. Sometimes front is excellent, but how T1 works on whatever track usually decides if I qualify or not. Lot of that is from starting at the back, picking up what I can. Some tracks have a nice turn one that lets you escape (Big Willow and Suzuka to name a couple), others can be a full on disaster where you must rely completely on the people behind to “get it” and not screw up (Red Bull Ring immediately springs to mind).

This clunky brick needs patience during its weight transfer. Set my fastest time in L'orange again @Pesselles and I couldn't match it, even with a racing livery!

I won't go back here unless I'm threatened with a good time. The sound of this thing on replays is incredible though... 🤯.

View attachment 1385061View attachment 1385062

Apart this excellent score (bravo), its obvious you need some serious help if you use an or---ge livery.
Lucky you, I have very good friends for you:

the exorcist horror GIF by Fox TV

You're welcome :)

Back