Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,805 comments
Evening fellas!! Fresh off a weekend away I jumped into the (racing) cockpit to try and make target at Suzuka; I’M IN THE 1:47 CLUB BABY! This car is a dream, I’m really loving the new physics and extra strength to the ff adds an extra element of precision that appeals to my perfectionist brain.

New PB was 2 tenths down on my record S1 so hypothetically I have a 1:47.7 in me but I think it will suffice 😁

IMG_8615.jpeg
IMG_8616.jpeg

Tomorrow it’s back to Monza, @Gomario JSP sleep well 😘😁

Last edited:
After 1 lap of test the other day, and my first 10 laps stint that ended up into silver territory, the WR went up and I was outside of silver again.

I went back yesterday and improved a bit, I think I am assured to keep my silver, but gold is very far away and I'd need to find a lot of time

monza-murci-10laps.jpg

I need to go back to Suzuka, but I really struggle with that track.

Evening fellas!! Fresh off a weekend away I jumped into the (racing) cockpit to try and make target at Suzuka; I’M IN THE 1:47 CLUB BABY! This car is a dream, I’m really loving the new physics and extra strength to the ff adds an extra element of precision that appeals to my perfectionist brain.

New PB was 2 tenths down on my record S1 so hypothetically I have a 1:47.7 in me but I think it will suffice 😁

View attachment 1386091View attachment 1386092

Tomorrow it’s back to Monza, @Gomario JSP sleep well 😘😁

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Unbelievable lap! :bowdown:

You are barely touching the brakes for T1, how is that possible???
I think i have to try that myself!

Morning!

@Dan_Tes ..... Noooooo..... leave it just the way it is..., you don't have to go back, a .140 is respectable... :lol: :lol:
I know you'll sub 51 it on your next try...., don't worry i still love you mate 😘 :lol:
And what an Epic lap at Suzuka, well done!

I went out this morning again, slept badly because one of my furry bastards thought it would be a good idea to barf all around :lol:
05:15 AM this morning and the nightly rest was history :lol:
So a little session with some semi shutted eyes and watery eyeballs.. :lol::lol:

I was def. up for a sub 51. but went in to deep at Parabolica...., threw it all away and even had to lift mid corner to keep on track...
This was THE lap..... and think a .8xx was in the cards maby?

But yeah dream on :lol:.. at least top 100 is secured i quess..

191b69e8f6151-screenshotUrl.jpg

191b69ec49156-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
I was def. up for a sub 51. but went into deep at Parabolica...., trew it all away and even had to lift mid corner to keep on track...
This was THE lap..... and think a .8xx was in the cards maby?
You couldn't have delayed getting on the power at Parabolica by 21 milliseconds? :sly:

Phenomenal lap there! Didn't think of using 3rd gear through Ascari, I've been using 2nd gear and exiting in 3rd like the No.2 replay but it feels very sketchy :scared: not sure which would be faster, might have to do some experimentation.
:gtpflag:

@Jeje6410 asked in the other thread about why the RBR in the rain TT was standard rather than special. It made me think about the original reason I split out TTs such as the Olympic and movie one, and really, there is no good reason. (Well, there was a mundane technical reason around starting to use formulas to automate things some time after the Olympic TT, and then not being able to use them for that and the Movie TT, for example, because "Olympic" and "Movie" aren't numbers)

So, I am going to combine all the non-regional TTs. This will take some work as I'll need to slot them into their appropriate places, renumber them, adjust the historical community scoreboards, etc. but in the long run it will simplify things for me.

If anyone has a strong objection to this, let me know.
Just to let you know that I have started this process of combining the standard and special TTs.
  • The opening post I will update as I go, so you will see odd TT numbers for a bit. In that post I will eventually delete the Special TT list under spoiler.
  • Use that opening post to find a TT - there are hyperlinks.
  • I am updating from TT23 using our current list of drivers, so you will be able to see how you fared before you joined the group.
  • I'm also attaching 'static' results files from TT23 onward.
    • By the way, TT23 is the starting point because the first 22 were standard before the 23rd, which was the Olympic one.
    • I'm using end dates rather than start dates of TTs, because it impacts a lot of calculations in my files.
  • I've done TT23 - the Olympic one - and am half done with what is now TT24 if you want to have a look.
  • Things like number of drivers with gold, averages, etc. will obviously change as I go along, so there may be some anomalies; it will all iron out as I work through the results.

You couldn't have delayed getting on the power at Parabolica by 21 milliseconds? :sly:

Phenomenal lap there! Didn't think of using 3rd gear through Ascari, I've been using 2nd gear and exiting in 3rd like the No.2 replay but it feels very sketchy :scared: not sure which would be faster, might have to do some experimentation.
:gtpflag:
Yes, i should have waited indeed :lol: :lol: ...., i have somany better Parabolica's...., but not this one lol.
Third feels more stable to me on Ascari, don't no if it's quicker but feels a little more controllable :):)

Thanks mate!

Wow times are insane here lately, congrats to all of you.

As for me, I didnt got gold on any of the TT in competition (Honda and AMG) however I gold the rest, so I'm pretty happy about it as I was struggling lately to get gold again. But Monza was really easy (like 5 laps) and Suzuka took a bit longuer but I finally manage to get it yesterday, 2 tenth in but should be enough I think.

All in all, I enjoy the new physics, they make it a bit more challenging on pad because you really have to modulate your braking to get the most out of the cars but it's fun to drive for me. And overdriving a car is punished much more than before imo.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Unbelievable lap! :bowdown:

You are barely touching the brakes for T1, how is that possible???
I think i have to try that myself!
Thanks man! Yeah it’s the high downforce paradox, faster you go more grip you have! So brave pills going in, first part of T1 you can take flat out but it’s the stability under braking for the second part that’s the limiting factor. I tend to lift somewhere during entry and then ease on to the brakes to get the car tucked in, then when it’s somewhere near the apex flat out in 3rd on exit and use the increasing downforce to get me out without going wide.

I also use ABS default for this one as not many big braking zones to lose time on and it allows me to be a bit more uncouth with braking both here, into the chicane and Spoon. Actually Spoon is very similar to T1 just a bit trickier to not lose too much speed on entry, avoid going wide or unsettling the car on the kerbs. The physics update has definitely helped here as when you do go slightly over the limit (driving or track..) the punishment is way less severe. Especially run off areas that used to ‘drag’ you in once you were on them which now feel more natural!

It’s like the polar opposite to the Lambo at Monza lol. I much prefer the former because it feels so much more natural than the latter which requires a lot of patience with throttle

Lots of patience

But at least we know what the front and rear wheels are doing most of the time rather than that horrid RA272 where everything was a mystery!

Last edited:
Well @Gomario JSP, today is today! Do you want the good news or the bad news?

The good news is if you are reading this you are alive and breathing

The bad news I’ve just driven a Lambo round Monza in less than one minute and fifty one seconds 👹

It takes a little while to get this one, I feel like the exit at prima variante is key to everything as so much time can be lost there. I finally cracked it after a few frustrating laps and it’s just housekeeping round the rest of the lap to get a nice time on the board.

Time is of the essence as I go away Thursday morning and am not back until the following Sunday; all my good work has to come over the next 30 hours 🤪 but that’s life baby!!

IMG_8619.jpeg

Brace yourself Jomar…
IMG_8620.jpeg

You can get a 1:50.xxx man you are SO CLOSE!! Like large front splitter close 😂

YouTube video coming..

Last edited:
Well @Gomario JSP, today is today! Do you want the good news or the bad news?

The good news is if you are reading this you are alive and breathing

The bad news I’ve just driven a Lambo round Monza in less than one minute and fifty one seconds 👹

It takes a little while to get this one, I feel like the exit at prima variante is key to everything as so much time can be lost there. I finally cracked it after a few frustrating laps and it’s just housekeeping round the rest of the lap to get a nice time on the board.

Time is of the essence as I go away Thursday morning and am not back until the following Sunday; all my good work has to come over the next 30 hours 🤪 but that’s life baby!!

View attachment 1386253
Brace yourself Jomar…
View attachment 1386254
You can get a 1:50.xxx man you are SO CLOSE!! Like large front splitter close 😂

YouTube video coming..
Oh come oooonnn!

That's just bad news alone mate... 😂 😂
I knew this was comming.....but god it hurts... effortless.....and so soon.....without struggle.... 🤪🤣

I'll go for it in the morning ....again....🤣🤣🤣
On the bright side.... if I manage...
You made me a better man 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well done..... b*stard 😘

10 laps stint at Suzuka with the NSX, I am so bad there, so easy to make a mistake and go of track.

Good improvement from my 1:55.787 though, closing in to silver but still needs 0.5s at least, and given how random my laps are...

Suzuka-NSX-10laps.jpg

50% red laps, with some big bottles, optimal close to silver

used a 1:52.052 ghost but on some parts I am too close and it is annoying, while on other it is far enough, but not sure it is useful

if I can do a decent spoon, after a good lap, I should be able to get silver

this combo is really intense for me, no time to breath and every small mistake is punished harshly 😰

10 laps stint at Suzuka with the NSX, I am so bad there, so easy to make a mistake and go of track.

Good improvement from my 1:55.787 though, closing in to silver but still needs 0.5s at least, and given how random my laps are...

View attachment 1386271

50% red laps, with some big bottles, optimal close to silver

used a 1:52.052 ghost but on some parts I am too close and it is annoying, while on other it is far enough, but not sure it is useful

if I can do a decent spoon, after a good lap, I should be able to get silver

this combo is really intense for me, no time to breath and every small mistake is punished harshly 😰
Do you reset the ghost after every sector? This should help you. It is intense for me, too, but this combo puts me in control and I can change my driving intentionally. That's why I like it so much. (Of course my laps are available and I would be honoured to lead you into silver...) Good luck! You can do it!

Finally broke into the 50's. Dipped my toes in sub 35 in sector 1 a few times. A 35.0xx is my aim. Sector 2 I have no consistency today. A have seen a low 37.7xx but often a 37.9 or worse. Sector 3 has improved consistency on exit of ascari. Unfortunately my best lap came with a sub par sector .2

IMG_3014.jpeg
IMG_3013.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you reset the ghost after every sector? This should help you. It is intense for me, too, but this combo puts me in control and I can change my driving intentionally. That's why I like it so much. (Of course my laps are available and I would be honoured to lead you into silver...) Good luck! You can do it!
Yep, I reset it that's the main reason why the ghost is not helping in the sectors I am nearly as fast or sometimes faster (like in the last left before the chicane), it goes away in some parts but as it resets it comes back much closer and can obstruct my view.

I guess I need to use a faster one, or no ghost. But a faster one will give me less clues where this one already leaves me in the dust. At least it would not be troublesome where I am faster. It would be more efficient if I was consistent all along the track.

Finally broke into the 50's. Dipped my toes in sub 35 in sector 1 a few times. A 35.0xx is my aim. Sector 2 I have no consistency today. A have seen a low 37.7xx but often a 37.9 or worse. Sector 3 has improved consistency on exit of ascari. Unfortunately my best lap came with a sub par sector .2

View attachment 1386274View attachment 1386275
I'm beginning to feel slower and slower....
🤣🤣 nicely done!

@Gomario JSP Don't worry Jomar, you're one of the fastest, brightest guys on controllers. You even master it on your Nokia laptop using remote-play which is pretty clever. Well I was hoping to get to silver at Suzuka. I've got a 1'52.8xx time so I'm real close towards it. It would be more difficult using MT and trail braking there as it is Monza IMO.

Last edited:
A few more laps on Suzuka tonight, improved on my previous time which is probably a good job as I noticed the gold time has come down today. My optimal is in the late 1:49.XXX but I've failed to nail every sector in the same lap yet demonstrated by the fact my best time is also one of the scruffiest laps I've done.

1:50.095

Attachments

• IMG_3548.png
    IMG_3548.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3549.png
    IMG_3549.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 1
Umm... what you do on the controller is remarkable.

@Gomario JSP Don't worry Jomar, you're one of the fastest, brightest guys on controllers. You even master it on your Nokia laptop using remote-play which is pretty clever. Well I was hoping to get to silver at Suzuka. I've got a 1'52.8xx time so I'm real close towards it. It would be more difficult using MT and trail braking there as it is Monza IMO.
Exactly this, and remember.. comparison is the thief of joy! I couldn’t do anywhere near these times on a controller…!

However

I did get faster tonight, mission accomplished and a much tidier lap. I’d love to grind both of these trials till they end as they both have their strengths! I know some people don’t like the Lambo but.. ITS A LAMBO! Listen to it! 8500rpm!! 300kph!! What’s not to like 😁

IMG_8623.jpeg
IMG_8624.jpeg
IMG_8616.jpeg

(And for one brief moment I was top of both of my friends leaderboards… by two thousands of a second 🤪)

Final day at home tomorrow and hopefully some time to have a bash at one or the other but I think I’m near my limit on both 😁

Last edited:
Back