Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,937 comments
The NSX needs to be thrashed. I took it out of my comfort zone and finally managed to hit my optimal. Oddly enough, I enjoyed this down force combo. I wish I had started it sooner.

The Lambo on the other hand does not stop! Still figuring out the brakes. It's an easy gold but climbing up that leaderboard is a different story.

191c08daa8362-screenshotUrl.jpg

191c096283b3-screenshotUrl.jpg

Im glad there are still people left in the world who enjoy stock street cars TTs
I tend to do better in those after the physics update :)

Also did get back to suzuka last evening only to throw into garbage a lap 0.5 better of my pb at the last chicane, that was around my lap5... couldn't find my flow after that. Shame but it is what it is ¯\(ツ)

Thanks man! Yeah it’s the high downforce paradox, faster you go more grip you have! So brave pills going in, first part of T1 you can take flat out but it’s the stability under braking for the second part that’s the limiting factor. I tend to lift somewhere during entry and then ease on to the brakes to get the car tucked in, then when it’s somewhere near the apex flat out in 3rd on exit and use the increasing downforce to get me out without going wide.

I also use ABS default for this one as not many big braking zones to lose time on and it allows me to be a bit more uncouth with braking both here, into the chicane and Spoon. Actually Spoon is very similar to T1 just a bit trickier to not lose too much speed on entry, avoid going wide or unsettling the car on the kerbs. The physics update has definitely helped here as when you do go slightly over the limit (driving or track..) the punishment is way less severe. Especially run off areas that used to ‘drag’ you in once you were on them which now feel more natural!

It’s like the polar opposite to the Lambo at Monza lol. I much prefer the former because it feels so much more natural than the latter which requires a lot of patience with throttle

Lots of patience

But at least we know what the front and rear wheels are doing most of the time rather than that horrid RA272 where everything was a mystery!
Thanks for the insides! 👍
Yesterday i gave your tips a go. I used my fastest lap ghost and after 3 or 4 laps i was significantly faster in turn 1 than my ghost. I would roughly estimate up to 2 tenths faster!
Unfortunatly i couldn't use this for a new fastest lap (lost it in Degner 2 or Spoon, or sometimes both :mad:), but i've learned something new that will definitly improve my driving!

View attachment 1386600
The most important thing on this track is flow and rhythm because if you don't have it, you'll struggle to find time. I didn't restart constantly like I would on other tracks because that kills the flow you've built up, particularly in the first sector where it's right, right, left, right, left, right, left. Any hesitation will cost you dearly. A fast, high downforce car demands accuracy and on such a technical track it can prove to be a tough gig, but once you get a feel for it, you can push it harder than you expect. I think @Dan_Tes eluded to it earlier on the thread, and he's absolutely correct. The car loves being driven to the absolute edge of it's aerodynamic performance.
It does help having brotherly competition. :D

It was my wedding anniversary last weekend so wasn't around to get on GT7.

I have had this week off work but been sorting bits out on the car for mot time next week.

A little rust removal 🤣
1000011586.jpg

Realised when I went to bed last night (after catching up on here) that Suzuka finished this morning.

So literally last minute (well last 5min 10sec) of the TT after collecting all my previous Sport awards (Clio, Honda, Honda, AMG, oh and Gazoo Cup even only doing two races of it 😅) which took precious time, I dived in to Suzuka.

One flying lap, no own car or livery or ghost, just had to go straight in due to time, I managed to scrape silver.

Had time for a second flying lap before the end so I went for it.... and well the hairpin ended that 🤣 went too deep on entry but was still 0.3xx up on my previous, brought the car back round just before the grass and slammed the throttle down.... oops bad decision, spun it and that was that.

But for fun, thought I would try to get to the finish line before registration time ran out 😂

1000011791.jpg

1000011787.jpg
1000011788.jpg

So just under 2 minutes to make 1,000,000 not bad 😁 I would have enjoyed this one if I had the time, the car is completely planted.

Now with all that money saved, I'm finally off to buy the Mclaren F1 🤣

Last edited:
The NSX needs to be thrashed. I took it out of my comfort zone and finally managed to hit my optimal. Oddly enough, I enjoyed this down force combo. I wish I had started it sooner.

The Lambo on the other hand does not stop! Still figuring out the brakes. It's an easy gold but climbing up that leaderboard is a different story.

View attachment 1386617

View attachment 1386618
Awesome results, mate! The Suzuka lap impresses me most because I love the combo and performed very well myself but am far behind you! Congrats!!! 🥳

At least there is some sort of race car in the new TT although in my hands the Lancer is as slow as the Hyundai which feels more like a Gr.5 car... 😂

Awesome results, mate! The Suzuka lap impresses me most because I love the combo and performed very well myself but am far behind you! Congrats!!! 🥳

At least there is some sort of race car in the new TT although in my hands the Lancer is as slow as the Hyundai which feels more like a Gr.5 car... 😂
Thank you for your kind words mate.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed the combo as well. Usually with the race cars, I don't return to it once I've set a time I am happy with.

Congrats on your lap time at Suzuka. Well done mate :cheers:
You were not too far away at a 1.49.8xx. It was the S Curves that caused me some trouble. I'm certain if you nailed that S1 you would have been way closer or even ahead of me.

Not a fan of the car choice for the new TT. The track choice is excellent. It has a nice flow to it. Should be a fun one considering its 4WD and low power with decent handling.

Masters of Time Trials, does any of you use some lap analysis software to check lap into details and maybe compare to some other lap? and in that case which one? has ony of you tried Delta or is curious to try it?

even show lap layout and racing line(s)

1725524672366.png

Last edited:
Oh nice, a Gr4 Lancer at DFR, I absolutely love this track with any car, let alone a grippy 4WD :D

Btw I sold my Playseat Trophy couple of days ago, did an upgrade to a TR120, but still waiting for a bucket seat to arrive, so I'm out of the competition for this week, didn't even manage to do a Suzuka TT, I will maybe have time to give the Lambo another go when I put everything together on monday/tuesday next week :)

Masters of Time Trials, does any of you use some lap analysis software to check lap into details and maybe compare to some other lap? and in that case which one? has ony of you tried Delta or is curious to try it?
no-time-busy.gif

Just ghosts, that's enough for me :D

Last edited:

even show lap layout and racing line(s)

$49 is overpriced for this. Almost costs the same as GT7.

Motec software I believe is free. Not a 100% sure on how it works and how to get the telemetry to your PC, but it essentially gives you the exact same data.

Too time consuming to make an analysis of the data for me personally, Id rather load up a ghost and learn from there.

edit - Motec explained here:

Last edited:
Masters of Time Trials, does any of you use some lap analysis software to check lap into details
As I am very far to be a master, I doubt this kind of tool could help me. I need to invest more time first, at least to know the combo and be able to lap consistently without mistakes.

But I'll look at the video to see how it works and what it does.

Speaking of knowing the track, on the last TT at least I am very familiar with the track and can lap there consistently without big bottles and random mistakes.

Did 10 laps and my optimal is in reasonable distance from gold treshold so there's hope. Despite gold time improvement to come soon.

DF-Lancer-Gr.4.png.jpg

Critical turns for me at least : the left hander before the back straight, and the final hairpin.

Lapped without ghost and refined my braking points. Now need to get more consistency and efficiency on said critical turns.

Contrarily to Monza and above all Suzuka, I take pleasure on this TT and I'll do a bunch of laps with pleasure.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

had almost no time last week for GT7, but I hope things normalise soon so I can join the friendly competition again ;)

I had only done a few laps in Suzuka at the beginning of the event and saw my time increasingly likely to fall out of gold, until I saw this yesterday and knew I had to act :lol:

1725533779954.png

Managed to scrape off almost a second and arrived at a safe gold at least (minutes later Gallo bested the WR so it was a good call ;))

Looking forward to the new one, early numbers indicate this will be very much on the easier side of the spectrum.

1725533907755.png

Happy lapping!

$49 is overpriced for this. Almost costs the same as GT7.

Motec software I believe is free. Not a 100% sure on how it works and how to get the telemetry to your PC, but it essentially gives you the exact same data.

I use Motec here and there. It's free and quite easy to set up. Understanting how to properly use the Motec environment is a bit more difficult, depending on how much detailed info you want to get. I'm not Master, so once I get speed delta, and brake accellerator shapes, it's good enough to get some hints about where to improve. For people like you, chasing the millisecs to climb the highest part of the leaderboard, I'm not sure it is enought what I do, and I'm not sure how Motec can be squeezed to get more precise info.

The other detail that I don't like that much, for both Motec and Delta, is that they need a PC. I drive in the living room, and the rig is not permanently there, therefore I don't like also to have to prepare for the PC to make the solution working. The moment any of them will come up with an androind solution, so that I can use the cell instead of the PC, at least for the gathering piece, I'd be much more interesed

Back