Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,379 comments
After collecting my silver million from the Corvette (quite happy with this result, that combo was not easy for me), I tried the new TT.

Loaded @Tidgney's ghost to help me find the braking points quickly, the resets are well placed for that, I was close enough to see well where the ghost was braking, cool !

All 4 first laps in red... but after that it went better and I was in the 1:16.xxx and getting lower and lower.

RA-Alfa155-10laps-1.jpg

So good surprise when exiting, I am already in gold, easiest TT for me so far 😅

RA-Alfa155-gold-222.jpg

222e for now, I took a screenshot, because it won't stay like that 🤣

Still have improvement and gains to get here and there, so I may be able to reach 1:15.5xx, doubt I can get under 1:15.0xx though.

very interesting new TT
still lot of work to do un Suzuka and Velley
but
garage is closed since sunday and probably not opening until the we...

1727338250814.png

I'm rooting for you

I know I complain about this every time they do it, but it still annoys me that single car time trials with cars in a group use the group BoP and not the car's stock figures.
Thanks, this solves my confusion. I have not yet tried the new TT, but yesterday when it was announced I did two laps in a stock 155 on RH tyres to see what it would be like, and effortlessly got a 1:14.5. Guess that means I haven't gone full alien over night after all 😭

Thanks, this solves my confusion. I have not yet tried the new TT, but yesterday when it was announced I did two laps in a stock 155 on RH tyres to see what it would be like, and effortlessly got a 1:14.5. Guess that means I haven't gone full alien over night after all 😭
yeah I did exactly the same. When I first loaded up the new TT and saw the times I new it was too good to be true lol...I have yet to have the experience of running a handful of laps and being surprised to find I've landed in gold already.

A bit of a more serious 1st session this morning. I was able to get to 1:15.02s on my own so I want to see how much I can push by following Tidgney's ghost and turned out I could only improve by 3/10s. Still not too bad.

1000078123.jpg

Here is the telemetry comparison between Tidge's ghost (purple) and my PB (blue). I'm losing too much time at the bus stop and just about all the apex....Totally need to figure out how to release the brakes earlier or pick up the throttle faster at the apex.

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 9.13.35 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 9.14.10 AM.png

Last edited:
A bit of a more serious 1st session this morning. I was able to get to 1:15.02s on my own so I want to see how much I can oush by following Tidgney's ghost and turned out I could only improve by 3/10s. Still not too bad.

View attachment 1392252

Here is the telemetry comparison between Tidge's ghost (purple) and my PB (blue). I'm losing too much time at the bus stop and just about all the apex....Totally need to figure out how to release the brakes earlier or pick up the throttle faster at the apex.

View attachment 1392253
View attachment 1392254

What are you using to get the telemetry?

Hi guys (and Greek)

It's time to talk about the Alfa (...) and the Omega: the new TT at Watkins Glen.

I had a very brief session this morning and I've entered the yellow zone right after the 2nd lap: 1:15.618.
And less than one hour later and 94 kms, I was in 1:15.290

1727362142168.png

Based on my splits, there are some tenths to shave (mostly in the 1st sector).

S1: 31.116 - 3 tenths are hidden here, and I'll find them!!
S2: 24.605 - 2 tenths are available around if I manage a perfect chicane and a perfect apex on the large right curve.
S3: 19.569 - very happy, very regular, very consistent here.

My optimals are as optimistic as I am:

1727362572355.png

but don't be too optimistic, Pesselles...

1727362625419.png

1727362749359.png

These are my best runs on the new TT and the GT World Series Round 3 TT:
IMG_1987.jpeg
IMG_1988.jpeg

I never bothered posting my TTs, because I usually hover around 2.8%, averaging anywhere from 3000th to 15000th (depending on the event). Since these two were some of my best ever (beside my 0.67% finish during the Chaparral 2X at Daytona way back when), I felt like sharing them.
I’m very happy with these times, especially since I can’t seem to improve on them.
Getting a Gold time for the 2 million credits is what I primarily aim for.

Latest Posts

Back