Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,290 comments
That Sucks The Office GIF

Not sure if I'm missing sarcasm, but in case it is a serious question, it could be asked of any of us without a replay. The answer is that we trust the game to invalidate laps where people 'cheat'. If the game allows a time to be registered, it is not cheating.
yeah I mean at this point I think it's safe to assume most of the aliens aren't relying on cheating to do what they do. For myself, any replay that's in the top couple hundred will suit my purposes just fine lol...

Why do people sometimes hide their replays when they're at the top of the rankings?
I don't love that they aren't shared, however, I've been (as have many many many many others in this thread) in the top 50 and the top 100 a few times. I'm pretty fast sometimes. I've never been even close to striking distance with or without the replay and or ghost. Some of those top times come from literal hundreds and hundreds of laps. That's a time commitment very few have. Even if you could see their replay, being able to translate that to a time in the TT is a whole other nut to crack.

There is a reason they are called aliens.

Some of those top times come from literal hundreds and hundreds of laps. That's a time commitment very few have. Even if you could see their replay, being able to translate that to a time in the TT is a whole other nut to crack.
To be fair (and I am sure this is not what you're implying), it is not only the time commitment that separates us mere mortals from them. At least not if you're only considering the time spent in the events themselves, not the training necessary to get to that level. Just look at Tidgney casually doing a few laps on Thursday morning, having a video ready by noon and ending up in the top 20 more often than not ...

To be fair (and I am sure this is not what you're implying), it is not only the time commitment that separates us mere mortals from them. At least not if you're only considering the time spent in the events themselves, not the training necessary to get to that level. Just look at Tidgney casually doing a few laps on Thursday morning, having a video ready by noon and ending up in the top 20 more often than not ...
Ain't that the truth! Some just have the gift, others don't but do superbly with effort.

Had the day of and wasnt realy feeling like pushing but in the end of the day the wife had to go to fysiotherapy so beeped up the thing to do some Suzuka slides after all,
Very surprised I was almost immediately consistent in the high .1xx with occassionaly a 1:00.080 and 090....
Finally after some laps it did click on me and had 3 very descent sectors in the little basterd 😁🥳🥳

This should stick as a top 100 right 😁😁
Finally a sub 1:01 with a 1:00.906 🤪🤪

To bad I accepted @Ed_Night back then 🤣🤣🤣

1000026066.jpg

1000026068.jpg

Uploaded the lap under Suzukamx if anyone wants to follow as a ghost .

Ghost in front of me is @Metalgear9493 at 0.3 offset 🙏, thanks again mate,
Definitely wasnt possible without you fast replay guys 👌👍

I'm happy 😁🤪🤣

Not sure if I'm missing sarcasm, but in case it is a serious question, it could be asked of any of us without a replay. The answer is that we trust the game to invalidate laps where people 'cheat'. If the game allows a time to be registered, it is not cheating.
I might have been a bit facetious, but it is not an unreasonable question either. There have been times in the past where someone has found a "shortcut" or advantage that does not trigger a penalty, only to be patched by PD later on.

Had the day of and wasnt realy feeling like pushing but in the end of the day the wife had to go to fysiotherapy so beeped up the thing to do some Suzuka slides after all,
Very surprised I was almost immediately consistent in the high .1xx with occassionaly a 1:00.080 and 090....
Finally after some laps it did click on me and had 3 very descent sectors in the little basterd 😁🥳🥳

This should stick as a top 100 right 😁😁
Finally a sub 1:01 with a 1:00.906 🤪🤪

To bad I accepted @Ed_Night back then 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 1392008
View attachment 1392009

Uploaded the lap under Suzukamx if anyone wants to follow as a ghost .

Ghost in front of me is @Metalgear9493 at 0.3 offset 🙏, thanks again mate,
Definitely wasnt possible without you fast replay guys 👌👍

I'm happy 😁🤪🤣

Well done mate. 😁💪

I wouldn't be able to drive a single corner with a ghost right in front of me. 😂

I suggest yuhki's ghost now, if you can follow him through S2 you are going to make a Top10. 😬

Because these are the world's best drivers and they are hiding their lines/strategy going into this weekend's races.

Personally I hate it and think anyone that does not have a saved replay be eliminated from the leaderboard. Like, how do we know they are not cheating?

I liked it when, for a couple weeks, everyones replay was available, regardless of where you ended up.
To be fair when I posted that I had only seen the MX-5 list, I hadn't started the X2019 and realised you have to go into the 30s to find a video

I might have been a bit facetious, but it is not an unreasonable question either. There have been times in the past where someone has found a "shortcut" or advantage that does not trigger a penalty, only to be patched by PD later on.
I know people did this in GT Sport when it was Blue Moon Bay and they could wallride, but now I really don't see the value in it.

To be fair when I posted that I had only seen the MX-5 list, I hadn't started the X2019 and realised you have to go into the 30s to find a video

I know people did this in GT Sport when it was Blue Moon Bay and they could wallride, but now I really don't see the value in it.
As mentioned already, it’s way more than usual because that X2019 combo is getting used in the GTWS Tokyo live event this weekend. Usually it’s just a handful few people hiding but this one’s different. I don’t like it but I get it.

Back