Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,158 comments
I'm so frustrated right now.....

2 things....... turning range...& Cats

1: Man i have so much trouble getting the NSX thru the first esses, i want to press the stick out of the dualsense, and i have so little input, then i look at Digi his lap and why he is so tidey and smooth there, goes faster and has a lot more steering input.
I know that there is some difference in wheel or DS5, but how do you controller dudes manage the esses?

Tell me, i'm dying to know ....

2: the ONE time you NAIL the esses and the follow-up uphill and almost match your 0.5 ghost....., the damn cat puts all his nails in my knee because he want's me to trow his furry shrimp to bring it back and do it over and over again....
i could kill the thing this morning, neigbours must have heard me yelling ****** KIWI ( his name )

I pressed the PS button and turn it off, was totally done with it and was seriously angry.. :boggled:
Since they are in the house my morning routine is completely off and that one focus hour isn't there anymore...
God i can't wait for them to get a little older :lol: because i am seriously less competitive because of this right now :banghead::banghead:

2: the ONE time you NAIL the esses and the follow-up uphill and almost match your 0.5 ghost....., the damn cat puts all his nails in my knee because he want's me to trow his furry shrimp to bing it back and do it over and over again....
i could kill the thing this morning, neigbours must have heard me yelling ****** KIWI ( his name )

I pressed the PS button and turn it off, was totally done with it and was seriously angry.. :boggled:
Since they are in the house my morning routine is completely off and that one focus hour isn't there anymore...
God i can't wait for them to get a little older :lol: because i am seriously less competitive because of this right now :banghead::banghead:
Me: Great, one less... next one!

suspicious nature cat GIF by PBS KIDS

One hour yesterday at Suzuka and 3.01% from top time :irked:. I thought this would be easier but I can't drive a full lap without messing up one corner badly and lose about a second. I realized I've never driven a Gr.2 car in this game before! Or maybe if it's in one of the CE but I don't remember that. Are these considered high downforce cars? It doesn't feel like it at all compared to Gr.1 cars but definitely more than Gr.3 cars. So it's just some kind of grip level I can't really figure out.

2: the ONE time you NAIL the esses and the follow-up uphill and almost match your 0.5 ghost....., the damn cat puts all his nails in my knee because he want's me to trow his furry shrimp to bring it back and do it over and over again....
Just glue the damn cat on the DS5 left stick and take a couple of laps through the esses.
It may not give you the more input you are looking for, but will definetly make the cat understand when is not a good moment to ask for attention

Last edited:
Ambulance at Tokyo I reckon.
We all laugh about it, but you could be on to something here, and it surely won't surprise me,
it would be hideous, slow, painfull, and full of wall penalties.....
But still, it would be hilarious!
zjn
Just glue the damn cat on the DS5 left stick and take a couple of laps through the esses.
It may not give you the more input you are looking for, but will definetly make the cat understand when is not a good moment to ask for attention
:lol: :lol: i will report back, looking for tape right now.......

I'm so frustrated right now.....

2 things....... turning range...& Cats

1: Man i have so much trouble getting the NSX thru the first esses, i want to press the stick out of the dualsense, and i have so little input, then i look at Digi his lap and why he is so tidey and smooth there, goes faster and has a lot more steering input.
I know that there is some difference in wheel or DS5, but how do you controller dudes manage the esses?

Hmm....I'm a wheel player, but I don't remember going full lock when going through the esses. Haven't try with a controller yet 🤔

As for Kiwi....maybe he saw you nail the esses, so he wanted to be like you and nail your knees 🤣

Hmm....I'm a wheel player, but I don't remember going full lock when going through the esses. Haven't try with a controller yet 🤔

As for Kiwi....maybe he saw you nail the esses, so he wanted to be like you and nail your knees 🤣
:lol:, i think he does understand indeed :lol:
Digi didn't go full lock either, but quite a bit further than i did, but maby it's just better weight shifting or something,
But now your game is on......., controller lap it is....... :lol::lol:
I took a break from the game for a couple of weeks and I think I've forgotten how to drive. Barely scraped a bronze in the HSR event and now the same at Bathurst.
Yeah, the Bathurst is a pain, it's difficult and takes a lot of miles to get right, altho it did for me!

I took a break from the game for a couple of weeks and I think I've forgotten how to drive. Barely scraped a bronze in the HSR event and now the same at Bathurst.
I'm not even bothering to pursue a silver at Bathurst - Bronze is not that hard, but it's just not a good car/track combo for me.

I managed a silver (for the moment anyway) in the GT-R/Red Bull Ring TT, but I cannot stand the Red Bull Ring... I find it frustrating and purposefully designed to be less flowing and fun that in might otherwise be. I'll be happy with a silver there though.

Too harsh turning in or too much steering input will cause understeer. Try being softer when turning in and avoid going full lock too much or too soon.

Just returned from holidays, and damn have I lost skills :/
Spend last night on all 3 TTs :
  • Panorama : 2:15.672
  • Redbull : 1:30.451
  • Suzuka : 1:51.313
For Panorama, it is just too hard for me, I can't bother putting the laps to gain 1 full second. Love the Maserati, but damn I hate circuits with walls, especially tight ones like this.
For the 2 others, gold is not too hard, but I was somewhat surprised that I had to put at least 10 laps on the Redbull, we all know that combo circuit with Gr3 cars too well :/

I'm going to try this, maby i am to eager on the entry, thanks !
You're definitely the quicker driver, so I don't know if I'm really in the position to give advice. But as a fellow controller user I constantly need to remind myself not to yank the left stick like a berserker and less is sometimes more. Easing off slightly on steering input noticeably increases grip though and “feathering“ or slight weaving sometimes helps me regain grip during understeer. It kinda sucks being able to “overturn“ like on ice with controller and having to guess-feel when this happens whereas a good FFB wheel actually lets you feel and control the tire on the tarmac.

Last edited:
Just back from holiday. I see great times around on Bathurst and Suzuka.
Bathurst I'm gonna definetly give up. I had less than 100Km on it, and it's now too late.
By the way the replays I'm seeing compared to mine are like
this
1692791914592.png
compared to this
1692791937243.png

Will spend my time on Suzuka and on the next one

I hate the MC20. Maserati, should be ashamed to have allowed that car into this game as it stands. It’s a truly terrible car to drive.
Can't say I agree. The MC20 is fine to drive, it's just not easy to drive it around Bathurst on SH tyres.

Tune it up a bit and stick on some Racing tyres and you will probably find it a lot more enjoyable.

It's also a drop-dead gorgeous car and it sounds pretty lovely too, so I certainly would not judge it on this (difficult) TT alone.

@Gomario JSP

Just tested it out with the controller and I think I know what you were talking about. The esses really require some fine control input to get that saction totally right. I kept finding myself braking too much, or turning in too much, which caused me to mess up the line. And once you messed up 1 corner, you can kiss the rest of them good bye. I guess part of my problem is I haven't use the controller much so I probably lost my touch with it, but this is definitely a section where the wheel has some clear adventage.

I did about 10 laps (messed up most of them) and my best 1st sector was a 31 flat with the controller. With the wheel, I normally clock 30.7 or .8 on average.

Last edited:
Just tested it out with the controller and I think I know what you were talking about. The esses really require some fine control input to get that sation totally right. I kept finding myself braking too much, or turning in too much, which caused me to mess up the line. And once you messed up 1 corner, you can kiss the rest of them good bye. I guess part of my problem is I haven't use the controller much so I probably lost my touch with it, but this is definitely a section where the wheel has some clear adventage.

I did about 10 laps (messed up most of them) and my best 1st sector was a 31 flat with the controller. With the wheel, I normally clock 30.7 or .8 on average.
I 💯% agree with the Legendary Pastry Man about this 1st sector on controller.

You're definitely the quicker driver, so I don't know if I'm really in the position to give advice. But as a fellow controller user I constantly need to remind myself not to yank the left stick like a berserker and less is sometimes more. Easing off slightly on steering input noticeably increases grip though and “feathering“ or slight weaving sometimes helps me regain grip during understeer. It kinda sucks being able to “overturn“ like on ice with controller and having to guess-feel when this happens whereas a good FFB wheel actually lets you feel and control the tire on the tarmac.
That doesn't mean you can be quicker than me on some points!, if i was good at all tracks i was more like the Muffinman :lol: :lol:
so advice is always welcome!, i'm certainly going to try the less is more!
@Gomario JSP

Just tested it out with the controller and I think I know what you were talking about. The esses really require some fine control input to get that sation totally right. I kept finding myself braking too much, or turning in too much, which caused me to mess up the line. And once you messed up 1 corner, you can kiss the rest of them good bye. I guess part of my problem is I haven't use the controller much so I probably lost my touch with it, but this is definitely a section where the wheel has some clear adventage.

That is not bad seeing that my first sector in my fastest lap was a 30.9 :grumpy::lol::lol:, with a best time of 50.515 :lol:
Thanks for checking, i appriciate it!.
So just have to be "Zen"... keep cool and not yank the stick :lol:
Or even turn on the driving line assist temporarily, it shows the smooth curved lines needed to nail that section well.
Most of the time i am more distracted by those then it would help, i think i never had them on in GT7.
but doesn't hurt to check, maby we learn something, thanks for the tip!

So,it's been a rough week,last Thursday i collected my 2 million,tried out the new TT,barely in the gold zone but something didn't feel right,eventually i figured out my brakes on the G29 were not working good at all,i wasn't getting full braking unless i pumped them aleast 4 times,and applied a massive amount of pressure,not normal.
Time to take this brake out and see whats up,and i'm not much of a Mr fix-it guy...i couldn't find all the tools i needed so i decided to hook up my old T-150 with a T-500 pedal set,what a difference,a nice smooth brake pedal,sweet,tried it out and then i remembered why i got a new wheel,the shift paddles would work great but then double shift or not work at all, at any moment,grrr...

Well,tools have now been found,G29 is apart,pulled out a long dead spider and webbing,what a mess,pulled out the black stopper which was hung up in the spring crooked,...i'm leaving it out and will now re-assemble,
As you can see it's a highly organized operation,...we have the technology :lol:
1692804591669.jpeg

Didn't have the willpower to improve my time at Mt. Panorama anymore. A low 2:13 is still a pretty decent time, just a shame to miss out on the 2:12 club.

@half_sourly Is it possible to be added to the leaderboard for specific Time Trials? What I mean is, I generally don't put in any more effort than needed for gold, being the main reason I did not want to be included, to save me from embarrassment. :lol:

Didn't have the willpower to improve my time at Mt. Panorama anymore. A low 2:13 is still a pretty decent time, just a shame to miss out on the 2:12 club.

@half_sourly Is it possible to be added to the leaderboard for specific Time Trials? What I mean is, I generally don't put in any more effort than needed for gold, being the main reason I did not want to be included, to save me from embarrassment. :lol:
no need to be embarrassed, you could be one of those slowcoaches propping up the boards with their bronzes

Pick Me The Voice GIF

So,it's been a rough week,last Thursday i collected my 2 million,tried out the new TT,barely in the gold zone but something didn't feel right,eventually i figured out my brakes on the G29 were not working good at all,i wasn't getting full braking unless i pumped them aleast 4 times,and applied a massive amount of pressure,not normal.
Time to take this brake out and see whats up,and i'm not much of a Mr fix-it guy...i couldn't find all the tools i needed so i decided to hook up my old T-150 with a T-500 pedal set,what a difference,a nice smooth brake pedal,sweet,tried it out and then i remembered why i got a new wheel,the shift paddles would work great but then double shift or not work at all, at any moment,grrr...

Well,tools have now been found,G29 is apart,pulled out a long dead spider and webbing,what a mess,pulled out the black stopper which was hung up in the spring crooked,...i'm leaving it out and will now re-assemble,
As you can see it's a highly organized operation,...we have the technology :lol:
View attachment 1282281
Looks about right haha. I've taken my G29 pedals apart probably three-four times, just for cleaning. I'd get sporadic braking and such. You get used to it. Every time, vacuuming, and light dose of electrical cleaner got it done. I am a little more aware of keeping them clean as much as possible from the outside so I don't have to take them apart ever again.

That's how I roll, too. Admittedly ever since HS started doing individuals I may go back and try to knock out some more tenths, but 95% of the time once I am safe in gold I stop.

Last edited:
Back