Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,570 comments
Load the ghost, and you can just press record button (small button on controller on upper left hand side, and select record) and drive your lap, finish lap, stop recording, and then use PS app on phone to download video and watch it, or upload it to YouTube.
I'm sorry I'm using the translator, but thank you you understood correctly I'll try

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been interviewed by Sky Sports this morning !!!

Sky Sports: Hey Daniel, what's up? Good to see you back at Monza!
Me: Well thank you very much, I'm always glad to be here, the crowd is large, the weather is perfect, the car is an absolute classic beauty and the team is awesome!

Sky Sports: What about your times? Are you happy?
Me: I'm still in silver for now and to be very honest, I've spent my morning to follow The Muffin's ass and it's an experience I won't recommand to anyone. I don't pretend this "driver" is an alien but an DNA test would be highly recommanded to be sure he is not one of them.

Sky Sports: Despite this incredible traumatic experience, are you still confident for a gold score?
Me: Yes I'm even if this morning, I've gained only few hundredths after more than 150 kms behind The Muffin's ass. It's very few for such effort and such pain but I've gained more experience and I'm more faster on the second sector. I'll work hard with the team to make it happen.
Thank you!

@Todt

There is sorta a way to get two ghost and compare. One is whatever ghost you load before the session. The other is your best lap for your current session (in ghost setting set ghost on). You can get both of them up and just drive behind them to see where you are slower.

However...it is incredibly distracting....so best is to just record the lap and study after instead of trying to see the difference while hitting all the braking points and apexs at the same time.

@Todt

There is sorta a way to get two ghost and compare. One is whatever ghost you load before the session. The other is your best lap for your current session (in ghost setting set ghost on). You can get both of them up and just drive behind them to see where you are slower.

However...it is incredibly distracting....so best is to just record the lap and study after instead of trying to see the difference while hitting all the braking points and apexs at the same time.
So if I understood correctly, if I want to see the ghosts in my replay I have to activate the ghosts during my session?

New test today at Monza and I am very happy with this session : 1'46'724 with optimal time at 1'46'665
1693322271210990742627577262455.jpg

Question for those using a controller, do your hands hurt? If I pushing the limit on TTs it feels like after just a few laps my hands start to hurt. I got into the silver range for Monza and Suzuka yesterday doing less than 20 laps combined. My right hand is still sore about 16 hours later is that normal?

Question for those using a controller, do your hands hurt? If I pushing the limit on TTs it feels like after just a few laps my hands start to hurt. I got into the silver range for Monza and Suzuka yesterday doing less than 20 laps combined. My right hand is still sore about 16 hours later is that normal?
When I used to use controller, those nurburgring TTs used to hurt my hands. Now that I switched to wheel (G923), it is my left knee that does the complaining.

Yes I confirm too that with the DualSense but not with the Switch controler.
For example, I can't do more than 5 laps maximum in a row. Same for Spa 1 hour, I must set the race on pause to relax my right hand.

Does blisters count? don't really hurt though...
Screenshot_20230829-215542.png

Hi there! I’m on the DualSense as well and those moments where the hands feel really worn, kinda weak and hurt a bit do happen to me too but it takes way longer than a few laps. It’s rather if I’ve sat and pushed really hard and intensely for a good TT time for say, three plus hours or something along those lines. It can differ a bit depending on the combination.

A short 10 min break or so gets me another 30 - 45 min until I feel like I should stop again. Roughly. If I go to sleep and come back the next day I’m ready for another long session if needed. I can’t relate to “recovery” taking north of 16 hours. For what it’s worth, in case it matters, I’m 32.
49.161 under the bridge is just 0.400 behind wr, so you are very fast, excellent speed!
Thanks, man! Yeah, I was really happy about that sector 1 and 2, just hope I can string a cleaner 3 and 4 together tomorrow. We shall see.

Last edited:
This was one of the reasons why I switched to wheel, my hands really hurt after a long session, probably after 20 laps they would hurt yes.

Last edited:
Grabbed an hour at Monza this evening. Lots of invalid laps followed, but managed to improve by just over three tenths to clock a high 1:46.6. I think there’s another similar chunk left for me to find based on best splits, but it’ll take some time and patience to string it all together. Good luck to everyone still trying to get a lap at Suzuka ahead of the deadline!

Edit: @Saargasm - stay safe down there mate

Last edited:
Hi there! I’m on the DualSense as well and those moments where the hands feel really worn, kinda weak and hurt a bit do happen to me too but it takes way longer than a few laps. It’s rather if I’ve sat and pushed really hard and intensely for a good TT time for say, three plus hours or something along those lines. It can differ a bit depending on the combination.

A short 10 min break or so gets me another 30 - 45 min until I feel like I should stop again. Roughly. If I go to sleep and come back the next day I’m ready for another long session if needed. I can’t relate to “recovery” taking north of 16 hours. For what it’s worth, in case it matters, I’m 32.

Thanks, man! Yeah, I was really happy about that sector 1 and 2, just hope I can string a cleaner 3 and 4 together tomorrow. We shall see.
I didn't pay attention i quess.... you are on Dualsense???....:eek::eek:
You are throwing some real fast times in here!..that's insane!

:bowdown::bowdown:

Made improvements on both the Monza and Suzuka TT's last night. The night before I had a go at Suzuka but I had too many distractions in the room and couldn't get under 1:53. Last night everything felt much better and I managed to knock 5 tenths off my time and get down to a low 52, after sitting on a 52.7 for a few days. Again, new livery makes me faster. :D

Then onto Monza for a couple of laps, and managed to knock over a second off, now only a couple of tenths off the gold zone! So I'll be back for more on this one for sure!

Then went off to Sardegna to farm some credits...

My hands used to kill me after a good stint. I would get numb pressure points on my thumbs. Usually lasted for a couple days if I put in multiple hours at a time. The wheel helps but honestly a strong enough wheel will tire you out as well. I run heavy equipment for a living so I'm playing with joysticks all day and my left shoulder definitely is the weakest link with the wheel. It gets sore and tired first. Still much better than a pad for a longer session.

Haven't had a lot of time so didn't improve on my Suzuka but decided to spend the 45ish minutes at Monza. Clocked in a 1.47.7xx after maybe 15 laps. It's an interesting combo but also a bit odd. A times, the car feels completely lifeless for me. Perhaps it could be a feedback thing from my G29. But I've never driven that car before this TT and if it is not my wheel then that car is just an odd one. The braking feels off, it understeers in weird places, I lose the rear under braking while downshifting....like I said, interesting but also odd for me 🤔

Back