Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,570 comments
Evening fellas! Few final laps at Suzuka.. I was absolutely humming today but sadly ran out of time! Banging in four laps in a row under 1:50 and an optimum below 1:49.5 but alas the magic lap didn’t quite come together! Still 1:49.760 is not to be sniffed even if it’s still an epoch behind resident alien ‘Finn’ @djolliea 😂

Really fun trial and the best they’ve done for a while. What a track Suzuka is! I’m away for a few days but looking forward to getting stuck in to the delicious Monza trial 😎

IMG_2195.jpeg

IMG_2196.jpeg

IMG_2197.jpeg

IMG_2198.jpeg

Happy lapping boys, see you on the weekend!! 🤓

Monza’s one of the very few tracks where I have the raw pace to grab a gold time, but Christ alive threading together a clean lap requires the patience of a saint! Threw together 25 laps just now, of which only 5 were valid, the quickest was a 1:47:3 but was invalid, optimal best of 1:47:0, but my overall fastest valid lap was only a 1:47:6. A lot of fun, but I’ve seen enough of Monza to do me for an afternoon, gonna loop back to this one in a few days and hopefully the fresh set of eyes will be enough to get me over the line!
90 miles later and we’re into the 1:47:0’s! Caved in after half an hour of effing and blinding at all my invalidated laps and watched one of the alien’s replays - turns out the extra-terrestrial way of driving is wildly counterintuitive to a mere mortal like me, but it’s also incredibly effective at shaving whole tenths off a lap time without too much work! Reckon I could go sub 1:47 given enough time, but I value my evenings so I’ll pass on that unless I really have to😂

Really enjoyed this combo. I didn’t think I would reach gold but finally in the final hours, I turned a 1:51.562 to get into gold. I had been at 1:51.707 since the weekend but decided I needed to finish it off with a gold 👍

Job done.
IMG_5882.jpeg

GL to all who are still putting in their last attempts on this one.

Really enjoyed this combo. I didn’t think I would reach gold but finally in the final hours, I turned a 1:51.562 to get into gold. I had been at 1:51.707 since the weekend but decided I needed to finish it off with a gold 👍

Job done. View attachment 1284001

GL to all who are still putting in their last attempts on this one.
Same story here: a lot of fun and work. Final stint yesterday put my toes in gold territory! I'm very happy with the outcome and hope for 2 million credits...
18a4803f07c36-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm getting an error on the official website for the time trial - I guess they're adding a new one?
FINALLY someone else than me said it. I've had the loading issue for weeks, and it seems like I'm the only one. :lol:

But more to the point: the mobile version of the site seems to work 100% of the time, and the next time trial is Chevy C8 at Laguna Seca

Last edited:
IndyCar is at Laguna Seca next week and one of the Safety Cars they use is a Corvette (they also use an NSX some weeks) so maybe that was the inspiration for the combo?
PD often seems to come up with the combo based on IRL motorsports 🤔

I'm sure they would do more, but don't have enough real tracks to pull it off. :lol:

Last edited:
Here are some statistics for TT40 at Suzuka in Gr.2.

1693465371805.png

• I am going on holiday tomorrow and won't be able to post results for the end of the Monza Ferrari TT next Thursday. When I'm back the Monday after, I'll post it, along with an update on the movie one.
  • @TumeK5 I know you asked not to be in, but taking individuals in or out for some events is more extra work than I'm prepared to do, so you're in. If you wish not to be, I'll take you out, but that will be a permanent out.

LB-final.jpg
TT-main table.jpg
TT-comparison.jpg
TT-DR Table.jpg
TT-DR Graph.jpg
TT-distribution.jpg

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 119.

TT-all gold table.jpg
TT-all gold chart 1.jpg
TT-all gold chart 2.jpg

Interim Results for TT41 at Monza in the Ferarri 330 P4 '67.

1693465388380.png

TT-comparison int.jpg
LB-interim.jpg
This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.
TT-interim gaps.jpg

Last edited:
IndyCar is at Laguna Seca next week and one of the Safety Cars they use is a Corvette (they also use an NSX some weeks) so maybe that was the inspiration for the combo?
I don't know if/what inspires PD TT selection, but if/when they are inspired from something I think they should somehow make this info public. I myself would feel me more into the TT, and more into the game, saying, as example, "hey, you are driving the Safety Car at the IRL even" instead of "hey this are driving a Corvette ad Laguna".

At least my two cents

Yes, yes, yes! I gave Monza another try today after rage quitting last week :D My goal was under 1:46, so that is it :D

SHARE_20230831_1029520.jpeg

And I actually started a brand new account couple of days ago, I will abandon my original account completely, so feel free to add me on friends list, PSN is SR_Vule.

SHARE_20230831_1030550.jpeg

@half_sourly please remove my old profile from your amazing statistics and add this one instead :) https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/user/mymenu/6d43785e-efa9-465e-bdcc-2856278f9ba7/profile Wheel user, of course :)

Onto the Laguna Seca, I hope this will be fun, I was actually P70 or something in the Mustang a while ago, it just suited me somehow, that was my best finishing position by far, so I'm hoping for a good result with the Corvette also :)

Last edited:
Back