Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,570 comments
Thanks a lot for your beautiful work. Respect respect sir !!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::gtpflag:
I don't know if all these tables take a lot of time but frankly it's great. When you have time, could you please have my table too ? can you add a column corresponding to my places in France for each TT or not?
Thanks a lot @half_sourly :cheers:
👍

driver.jpg

As far as I recall, I'm pretty deep into silver range for the Gr.3 time trial at Catalunya, but there's still about a week and a half until that one ends, so I think I'll wait a bit until it's closer to turning over to the next one. Then, I'll take a look at where I stand at that point, and then make a decision to either go for gold range, or stay with a comfy silver.

Last edited:
So that Aston around BH I am just not enjoying at all. I'd need to find ~.750" to get into gold so likely I'll just take the silver. Two silvers in a row... :(

But three golds at Catalunya, best time a 45.7. I feel like a Grinch but I hate hate hate this track. It's all good up until the final chicane. Seems to be so much RNG on whether or not you'll get through, die, and/or get a pen.

God that Ferrari is quick!, I love it, but yeeting the 650 around Catalunya is a walk in thr parc compared to the Ferrari, I'm creeping up to my ghost (+0.6s ) every lap first gear in sector 3 is way faster in the Ferrari..... but this thing is allergic for sausages 🤣🤣
If I nail it one time I'm def in a mid/low 45...

I did gain some, went from 45.685 to a whopping 45.651 Yabadabadoo 🙈

18aa4cc1e5070-screenshotUrl.jpg

Been trying many different cars at Catalunya and had decent results (sub 1:45s) with the GT-R, Genesis X, R.S.01 and Huracan. Then switched to the 458 and effortlessly shaved about 3 tenths off my previous record. Now at 1:44.258 with an opt. of low 1:44. What a great car. I'll probably stick with that for the rest of the TT.

Screenshot_2023-09-18-00-17-52-46_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Last edited:
After about 250km and many many laps of Goodwood, I've finally cracked into the 24s with a 1:24.798, placing me 323rd. However, I am not happy with this lap. I lost 0.350 in the first 2 sectors and had basically given up on the lap, just trying to get a good exit from the final chicane to begin the next lap. Somehow I managed to go through the chicane of doom 0.600 seconds faster than I had ever previously gone through there, improving my time by 0.250 and leaving me with an optimal of 1:24.450. While I was happy to have improved the time, knowing how much better the lap could have been was painful.

In stark contrast, it took me all of 8 laps at Catalunya in the Ferrari 458 to get a 1:44.966 which places me 279th. This lap was my optimal lap, every sector was my fastest and while there may be more time in the lap, I will leave that for later. I did try other cars first, however I found a lot of the Gr3 cars to have quite weird driving characteristics that didn't suite my driving style (mainly wanting to spin out randomly) so I settled with the Ferrari which seems to drive quite neutrally with a nice powerband.

I'm looking forward to the Aston Martin around Goodwood ending, that combination has fried my eyeballs, I can see it every time I close my eyes. I don't want to see that stupid chicane anymore!

God that Ferrari is quick!, I love it, but yeeting the 650 around Catalunya is a walk in thr parc compared to the Ferrari, I'm creeping up to my ghost (+0.6s ) every lap first gear in sector 3 is way faster in the Ferrari..... but this thing is allergic for sausages 🤣🤣
If I nail it one time I'm def in a mid/low 45...

I did gain some, went from 45.685 to a whopping 45.651 Yabadabadoo 🙈

View attachment 1287903
What is taking you so long? I thought you would've be ahead of me by now :D:D:D

The brilliant @crome without whose help I would not be able to do what I do, has done his js magic so I now get cars as well. I've rerun the script for TT19, when we were at Catalunya in Gr.3 cars and you did indeed do your fastest lap in the Subaru BRZ GT300 '21.

Now that I get that data, I'll see about doing some car analysis - let me know if you have ideas as to what sort of analysis you want to see.
@half_sourly / @crome I think you're talking 👽💻📈👽📊👽🔀👽🔁👽🔄 😁
I might have my results too, thanks guys 🙏😘

Last edited:
Looks like Goodwood is going to be another embarrassing no-bronze for me. I can't for the life of me get the AM around the track in time. After putting in at least 50 laps, I'm still over a second off bronze. Whenever I push it, I spin off. How you guys are achieving the times you are is a wonder to behold! Really well done. A few more days to go, so will keep trying, but I think this combo needs skills I just don't have.
Try using the countersteering assist, it can help with this kind of car !

What is taking you so long? I thought you would've be ahead of me by now :D:D:D
Talk to the sausages, they know the answer 🤣 but I think you are always faster then me btw 🤣

I did a morning session cause I was already awake by the delicate sound of thunder, I went checking if we still had a roof....we did.... so went racing 🤣

But i am having a hard time at Catalunya, all due to the hideous chicane, I like the overall track a lot, but GR3 and this chicane kills the complete flow of the track.
That said....

I do love the grip that the Ferrari has mid corner, very satisfying if T3 goes wel ( not often with me 🤣 ) and flooring it mid corner T4 to pull it out was something to get used to but satisfying 🤣

I doubt that I'm going to spend more long stints on this, maby a quick try now and then but I'm chicane tired now 🤣

Did find some time in this thumbwresseling not so pretty lap but did the job, kind of....

1:45.414

*edit then again..... I took the time to watch @djolliea his lap watching him casually exit in 3th instead of me holding on to all n*ts in 2nd gear exits 🤣🤣
So I'll prob will try again 🤣🙏

Last edited:
@half_sourly / @crome I think you're talking 👽💻📈👽📊👽🔀👽🔁👽🔄 😁
I might have my results too, thanks guys 🙏😘
Here you go.

driver-Todt.jpg

And since I recently did these, but before the country rank addition, I did them again. @K1LLD0z3R @SPL170db @Dolph Drago @Barareklam @manou

driver-Killer.jpg

driver-SPL.jpg

driverDolph.jpg

driver-Bara.jpg

driver-manou.jpg

Had a 1.25.xx lap going last night and yarded the chicane at GW. I went from ecstatic to almost throwing my rig 😂😂😂

I'll get it yet! Maybe I'll up the CS assist but honestly half the fun is catching this thing when it seems like you can't and gold is cool but just pushing this car hard is about as much fun as I've had in this game in a long time. I have like 40k credits because I only have limited time and all I want to do is drive Goodwood and not grind. ❤️

I hope we get another like this again soon.

Jumped online yesterday at 16:20, had a look through the used and legendary cars then dived back into Goodwood.

5 mins in I was way ahead of last weeks stint... cleared the chicane by taking the grass at the pitlane with me, and the wall 🤣

Was on for what seemed to be a 1:25.xxx as that slowed me down a lot but I still beat my 1:27.514 from last week by a few tenths on that first lap.

10 mins more of abuse and I got into silver but kept taking the pitlane grass with me each time so left it at that.

18aa8200a8698-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_433911563624997_1694967045410.jpg

If I spent a bit more time I think I would have quite easily gained a gold.

Was tempted to go back to RBR for one final run but though I didn't have much time online this weekend so went for Catalunya.

With the 40 minutes I had left, I just jumped in with the Supra Gr3 as I knew how it handled from the Gazoo Cup and managed a silver after a few laps of getting used to the track again.

Will probably go for gold when I next jump online.

18aa8201f5f90-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_433911565818634_1694967053979.jpg

Those sausage kerbs though 😡 😂

Last edited:
Here you go.

And since I recently did these, but before the country rank addition, I did them again. @K1LLD0z3R @SPL170db @Dolph Drago @Barareklam @manou

@half_sourly - please DON'T publish my results.....

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Back