Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,573 comments
Goodwood conquered (well, for me at least)!
1694835418174.jpeg

1694835588039.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been somewhat absent here lately while I await resolutions to my wheel issue.

Please ignore my recent results since Monza :lol: I'm not really trying to acclimate to using the pad and focusing on my backlog of games that typically get neglected to play GT7. As long as I can get bronze with the pad, I'm satisfied to earn some credits.

Had a session this morning again in the 650, it does grow on me!, im def. faster thru Wurth (7) with the Porsche but overal the 650 feels less twitchy, for my liking the RSR drives better on RH's and then rotates better under power, but is prob my driving style 🤣🙈

That said...... chicane talk....
Come on!, I have done 300km today and I haven't got a clue how to take it properly, I had somany laps were I was so much faster then my PB but stuffed up 1 of the 2 cruel-sausages..... I think there lies like 0.5 of a second for me I i nail it, but I just never do 🤣

So it's just not only that I don't like it, I even suck at it 🤣, I genuinely hate it now😡 🤣

So learned a few things,
650 ok......Sausages bad!.....tracklimits...yeah....next topic

18a9d2a9f0f24-screenshotUrl.jpg

18a9d2ac58722-screenshotUrl.jpg

18a9d2a4eb839-screenshotUrl.jpg

So did find some time with the 650 but overall not that satisfying yet

.... I think there lies like 0.5 of a second for me I i nail it, but I just never do 🤣
Agreed.....1:24s is definitely within reach.

For me, just the chicane alone I'm losing 2 to 3 tenths. Plus the various other corners that I hadn't get right, easily add up to half a second. But then...it is Catalunya....with the chicane to boot. Not very motivated 🙃

Thought I could break my bronze streak at Goodwood but struggling to find the last few tenths.

IMG_3819.jpeg

Surprisingly it’s not the final chicane that’s the issue, but instead the preceding double right-handers (Woodcote).

Either the entries are down for this one or I am somehow overachieving despite the struggle - I don’t usually make the top 20K.

This will be enough for today with a new improvement.🥵🥵 My thumbs are starting to hurt with the DS4 !!!! 🤣🤣
Tomorrow I will try with the G29 and also the DS4 to further improve this time
1'46'310 with optimal time at 1'46'223 with 650S

View attachment 1287588
I would start dreaming for a 45!, you are flying lately!, so we have another pilot here 😁🤣

Great job!

Looks like Goodwood is going to be another embarrassing no-bronze for me. I can't for the life of me get the AM around the track in time. After putting in at least 50 laps, I'm still over a second off bronze. Whenever I push it, I spin off. How you guys are achieving the times you are is a wonder to behold! Really well done. A few more days to go, so will keep trying, but I think this combo needs skills I just don't have.

Looks like Goodwood is going to be another embarrassing no-bronze for me. I can't for the life of me get the AM around the track in time. After putting in at least 50 laps, I'm still over a second off bronze. Whenever I push it, I spin off. How you guys are achieving the times you are is a wonder to behold! Really well done. A few more days to go, so will keep trying, but I think this combo needs skills I just don't have.
Chase a ghost! It'll help. I didn't understand how to go fast at all on this track until I loaded a quick ghost. Not that I'm fast... but I did manage a silver pretty easily so far. Once you get your time down with a fast ghost, just chase your own ghost for subtle improvements. I know that not every track is for every driver, so your mileage may vary, buy it really does help me.

I thought they were exactly same so I thought to compare but now nevermind.
Can you easily get which cars I was driving when TTs were Gr3 or 2 or other group? If you can easily can I get a list please?
Thanks!
I have scraped the data for those TTs where we had a choice of cars and have recreated scoreboards for each. That way anyone who might be interested in which cars they or someone else used for these TTs, has access.

I have also recreated your personal results page so that you have a record of which cars you used.

LB-TT5.jpg

LB-TT6.jpg

LB-TT10.jpg

LB-TT15.jpg

LB-TT19.jpg

LB-TT24.jpg

LB-TT26.jpg

LB-TT29.jpg

LB-TT31.jpg

LB-TT35.jpg

LB-TT40.jpg

driver - bara.jpg

And @half_sourly If it is not too much to ask, could I have my "table" ?
Here you go
driver - manou.jpg

I have scraped the data for those TTs where we had a choice of cars and have recreated scoreboards for each. That way anyone who might be interested in which cars they or someone else used for these TTs, has access.

I have also recreated your personal results page so that you have a record of which cars you used.
I am eternally grateful, thank you @half_sourly very much!!!!

The car is an odd one. You generally need to get the car into a slight side at the entrance of the corners, then power out. Otherwise it understeers into oblivion. Turn 1 is a prime example. Logic says to brake in a straight line, turn in, let off until the car rotates, then accelerate. The problem is the car never rotates and you wait an eon before you can get back on the gas. And if you try to give it the gas too soon, it proceeds to plow straight off course.

However, if you get the car loose during braking, you can apply the gas while doing a mini slide through the corner. The car reacts surprisingly well. It seems counterintuitive, but it works.

It reminds me a bit of the early 2010's with Vettel in the Red Bull. Mash the gas through the corner when one would think to let off instead.

Here you go
We all owe you a case of beer! 🍺

Here you go
Thanks a lot for your beautiful work. Respect respect sir !!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::gtpflag:
I don't know if all these tables take a lot of time but frankly it's great. When you have time, could you please have my table too ? can you add a column corresponding to my places in France for each TT or not?
Thanks a lot @half_sourly :cheers:

Last edited:
We all owe you a case of beer! 🍺
That’s a case from each of us.
@half_sourly simply fantastic work, you add so much more value to this whole TT mode, PD should be taking notes (or hire you...).
Agreed. Thank you.

Ran some in Spain today. Down to a 1:51.171. Two seconds into Bronze, two seconds out of Silver. Good luck, everyone!

After the success at Goodwood, I went back and improved my time at RBR as I was 0.001 outside of Gold. Job jobbed, I then moved onto Catalunya and golded that in the 911.
1694914342416.jpeg

As uninteresting as the track is, if I get any more time I think I’m going to have a play with some of the cars I don’t use very often and run 15-20 laps in each and see what the results look like.

In theory, BoP would say that they should all be the same, but personal preference / feel / confidence have their part to play.

Here you go
thanks thank you gif GIF

Great work, thanks!

Easy gold at Barcelona, 1:45:764, nothing much to say, really :rolleyes:

I'm almost thinking to stop doing the TTs, however; I was doing this more for the money than the good times, but now I've already bought all the cars in the game (until the arrival of new ones) and soon I will reach the money cap, so..... :lol:

Just clocked a 24.333 25.333 at Goodwood and pretty stoked when I left another good 4/10 on the table a few laps later only to botch it up in the chicane of dread. Confident I can break into the 24s with a bit of patience. DB5 feels very nimble and responsive when handled with care <3

Last edited:
Does Tidgney have a guide for Goodwood. Maybe I can use the landmarks, objects and scenery to gauge when I should brake/accelerate on the throttle. Durn, the aliens seem impossible to catch, and I don't think the wheel will help me at all.

Just clocked a 24.333 at Goodwood and pretty stoked when I left another good 4/10 on the table a few laps later only to botch it up in the chicane of dread. Confident I can break into the 24s with a bit of patience. DB5 feels very nimble and responsive when handled with care <3
24.333 is a good time mate!, i would be very happy with that! keep pushing!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back