Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,868 comments
I managed to keep my gold on my US account but it was close +2.98% but I was annoyed that my gold on by GB account slipped to silver +3.14% but in the end I wasn't going to spend more time on that I was in the midst of propelling my DR rating from B to A.

@half_sourly Thank you again for the results. I'm curious in that I started the TT as B ranked driver and I was promoted to A just last night. Would that then move my results in your metrics to A ratings and does that adjust the history or do you only now classify my TTs as A going forward?

Goodwood I think I will be firmly in Bronze. For what it is worth I don't get on with that track and I can't drive road cars it seems.
DR is updated on the results pages, even for past events. For example, here is a snapshot of your result from the Monza TT, when you still would have been DR B:

1694706645691.png

That means when I downloaded the Laguna Seca results this morning, your US account showed DR A and your result will be counted in that group. It does not adjust history of anything I do; the split by DR stuff I do is just point in time as stays as is.

Same for future ones; you will be classified in the group for whatever DR you are at the end of the TT (well, technically on the day that I download the data, which might be a different day and therefore will reflect DR on that day).

zjn
Actually it really is.
My wife is a sweetheart and tolerates, indeed supports, my driving ramblings.
This week in particular is a hell of a lot of things that have come all at once, not the least of which is a problem with the dish decoder that forced me to disassemble the cabinet where the PS5 stands, among others.
I have cables and pieces of furniture all over the place and, arriving late from work at night, I have little time to restore a functional and decent look to the area.
Hopefully the incoming weekend will help to find some time to go back to the wheel
This is fair enough! A much more reasonable explanation than your wife not letting you play games :P

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sitting at a 1:46.824 in gold for the moment @ Catalunya using the '18 GTR. I haven't tried any of the MR cars which seems to be doing better here, so I'll give that a run later to see if that helps but usually I do better in the FR Gr3 cars vs the MR.

Hopped into the Ferrari and got it back down into gold w/ a 1:46.126. Its not usual, but it appears I do go quicker in an MR car for this TT.

Last edited:
I was really grinding the DB5 with some good results! Not sure I’m improving on that time.

I feel the Gr3 at Catalunya is a missed opportunity because there's time trials every week with Gr3 at the big tracks called "Daily Races." TT is a time to get some wacky combos. Oh well.

It might be this and then back to RBR for one last hurrah at that.

Last edited:
If I remember well I set a 1:48:121 at the new TT at Barca....after that I tried for 20-30min to break the :48 floor, I always have it but I lose every gain in the slow U turn where you brake around the electrical pole at the right of the track...don't know why, I come a little bit too fast or little bit too slow

Back to feeling slow again. I took the McLaren 650S out for a spin...literally in a few instances. A 1:46.062 to start. I can definitely get into the 1:45's in it, but I kept making mistakes. I'm also not a fan of the track limits leading to the final turn. You'd think putting your right side tires on the sausage would cause a penalty. Nope. The tires don't even have to be close to touching the curb, and you'll see that beautiful, red .500 burn into your eyeballs anyway. :grumpy: I must say I had never driven the McLaren in a TT before that I can remember. I quite like the way it handles.

Regardless, I decided to hop into the Porsche 911 RSR immediately afterwards to see what I could do with that machine. Normally it's a pleasurable drive for me. Not so much tonight. I was expecting better turn in than the McLaren. Instead it felt like a dump truck turning in, then an oversteery mess coming out of the corner. At least to start. I imagine it will start to feel comfy the more miles I put into it. I only did a short session and ran a 1:46.22. I think given more time would put it right on par with the 650S, so I'm not sure which car I want to use next time.

@Dolph Drago Maybe it is a controller thing? I remember when I used to be on controller, the RSR would understeer everywhere. Now that I'm using a wheel...the understeer seems to disappear.

I found it respond better if you release the brakes slowly when trail braking and won't goes into a spin if throttle is being apply gradually.

Last edited:
Consistency really isn't a thing with the DB5. I had two sessions yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I didn't finish more than three laps in a row before a retry. Chasing those extra tenths especially beyond gold limit begin to involve throwing the car sideways through highspeed combos, so there's a lot of turning into a passenger happening at least for me. But the driving is so much fun that I really try to save those situations all the way through and sometimes even keep on driving after a full spin. Not once have I had that "why do I keep on doing this" feeling that I definitely did with the C8 :D But the final chicane gets some strong wording every now and then, taking away a strong lap, even if it is actually a fun challenge. In fact, I think the last sector is my favorite. Both turn combinations there give you so much options on how to put things together. I've had a ton of fun just trying to make the the two fast corners with one swooping slide (usually requires an extra tap on the brakes in between), and for the chicane, applying a bit of braking on turn-in for both the turns sometimes gets me through with surprising pace. Often those strong words, though.

Down to 1:25.020, definitely a couple of tenths still there. I really hope I wouldn't have spent as much time in Laguna Seca, now I only have today to drive this nice combo (away from home through next week).

First quick morning session in the RSR, god i love that car so anti-Dan_tes' decale on it and fire away.........

What the hell happend to it??
@Dolph Drago there is def something going on with it,
ok, i was used to slide it a bit mounted with RH's , but it has a completely different feel to it.

We know one thing for sure now, it understeers to Jupiter and it doesnt like the last sausage :lol:
God i hate that chicane already, 1th gear to slow for entry, and 2nd gear most of the time to fast..... :lol::lol:

This needs some work, gold on the first session for now, but not pretty....

( decals are pretty tho muhahah @Dan_Tes .... :lol::lol: )

1:46:013 i believe

20970843987925832.jpg

I was getting a bit frustrated in the 47s at Catalunya (I'm running the BRZ), then on a lap where I thought I'd messed up the chicane, I realised that the track limits let you straddle the sausage kerb on the right-hander, and that doing so gains you a ton of time on exit. I'd been going around it, assuming it'd send the car flying, but it handles the turn fine still, so I guess that's a lesson for me in not assuming things without trying them.

Would you kindly add me please.

Mind throwing me in? On controller if that matters :)

Cheers!
I make a table like this one for drivers I add to the leaderboard, because I need results to date for their best and average results. Would you like to have yours once I've done that step?
driver.jpg

Last edited:
I make a table like this one for drivers I add to the leaderboard, because I need results to date for their best and average results. Would you like to have yours once I've done that step?
View attachment 1287305
God, the silent Half_sourly, look at those stats, i'll always see you pop up on the top of my leaderboard, but this stats says it all,

All gold....... i am so jaleouse, i wish i started earlier, and pushed on some TT's more, i think i even have a brons one somewhere in the beginning because just run a lap to check what it was......,

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I was a bit lucky with getting all gold, because the third one I did about two laps and hated the car, so stopped. That was before I realised TT would become pretty much the only thing I do in GT7. Fortunately it held for gold. But there are some in there I am quite proud of, as they were very hard work, particularly the Olympic one and the tuned NSX at Nürburgring.

Back