Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,962 comments
Silver in the Vette TT. :irked: I just didn't have time or the motivation to go back and shave .056" off my time. Honestly, didn't enjoy that TT at all so it is what it is. Seeing as I am .600+" off on the AM on as well - which I also don't enjoy - I see this happening again. Unfortunately, my motivation to continue my gold streak was outweighed by the boredom and frustration of some of these combos as they became more of a chore as the laps ticked away.

I get a lot of people like the slidey road car TTs and that's great. But what I can't wrap my head around is the fastest way around is to powerslide through some of the turns. I just can't believe for a second that is the fastest way around a track in real life. You don't much see this from the pros (even when racing road-esq cars) and I've taken real driving classes from professional drivers... never once did they say to slide a car through a turn. I was also a member of NASA for many years, doing HPDEs and TT evens. Again, no slidey slidey from anyone. Didn't matter if the car had slicks or street tires. It's just not realistic which is a huge reason I don't like these. /rant

The Catalynua one will be easier, but PD get [another] F for creativity. As much as I wasn't a fan of the last two, at least they were something new. This one's all but been done already (albeit no chicane last time).

Last edited:
Here are some statistics for TT42 at Laguna Seca in the Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray '20.

View attachment 1287102

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 117.

Interim Results for TT43 at Goodwood in the Aston Martin DB5 '64.

View attachment 1287103

This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.
View attachment 1287117
Ultimately I'm not so unhappy with the result on Laguna Seca with a boat like the Chevrolet. I failed less than 00'200 from the gold medal and frankly I couldn't have done better.
Regarding Goodwood I am very surprised to see in our friend's intermediate table that DS4 or DS5 players occupy the majority at the top of the table !!!!! Except of course @djolliea 👽👽 who still occupies the top of the rankings. Well I say bravo 👏👏👏 to all these days of joysticks and it shows that to be efficient it is not enough to have a steering wheel, a seat, etc...🤣🤣
Fantastic work at always @half_sourly . My respect :bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
This will do for now 😶

18a936f89772-screenshotUrl.jpg

Silver in the Vette TT. :irked: I just didn't have time or the motivation to go back and shave .056" off my time. Honestly, didn't enjoy that TT at all so it is what it is. Seeing as I am .600+" off on the AM on as well - which I also don't enjoy - I see this happening again. Unfortunately, my motivation to continue my gold stream was outweighed by the boredom and frustration of some of these combos as they became more of a chore as the laps ticked away.

I get a lot of people like the slidey road car TTs and that's great. But what I can't wrap my head around is the fastest way around is to powerslide through some of the turns. I just can't believe for a second that is the fastest way around a track in real life. You don't much see this from the pros (even when racing road-esq cars) and I've taken real driving classes from professional drivers... never once did they say to slide a car through a turn. I was also a member of NASA for many years, doing HPDEs and TT evens. Again, no slidey slidey from anyone. Didn't matter if the car had slicks or street tires. It's just not realistic which is a huge reason I don't like these. /rant

The Catalynua one will be easier, but PD get [another] F for creativity. As much as I wasn't a fan of the last two, at least they were something new. This one's all but been done already (albeit no chicane last time).
Have you watched any of the classic car racing at Goodwood? They often powerslide the cars around...

I managed to keep my gold on my US account but it was close +2.98% but I was annoyed that my gold on by GB account slipped to silver +3.14% but in the end I wasn't going to spend more time on that I was in the midst of propelling my DR rating from B to A.

@half_sourly Thank you again for the results. I'm curious in that I started the TT as B ranked driver and I was promoted to A just last night. Would that then move my results in your metrics to A ratings and does that adjust the history or do you only now classify my TTs as A going forward?

Goodwood I think I will be firmly in Bronze. For what it is worth I don't get on with that track and I can't drive road cars it seems.

I managed to keep my gold on my US account but it was close +2.98% but I was annoyed that my gold on by GB account slipped to silver +3.14% but in the end I wasn't going to spend more time on that I was in the midst of propelling my DR rating from B to A.

@half_sourly Thank you again for the results. I'm curious in that I started the TT as B ranked driver and I was promoted to A just last night. Would that then move my results in your metrics to A ratings and does that adjust the history or do you only now classify my TTs as A going forward?

Goodwood I think I will be firmly in Bronze. For what it is worth I don't get on with that track and I can't drive road cars it seems.
I found the secret to the DB5 is to trust it’s grip and rotation on full throttle, even though it feels like you shouldn’t. The more tentative you are, the harder it is to drive.

Holy cow!! I'm having a time at Goodwood, I just got under the bronze time with 1'30.497. It took at least 15 laps to get it down pat, so this is not a piece of cake. Why does 60-70% find it easier than others? Bizarre. I always mess up near the middle section, or the latter part before the end, i'll go too fast, and end up to the left in the grass trying to get back on the pavement.

Have they done something in the update, because the track/area looks different, there are some buildings/structures that I haven't recognized before, or maybe it's just my memory.

Sounds like a happy marriage.
Actually it really is.
My wife is a sweetheart and tolerates, indeed supports, my driving ramblings.
This week in particular is a hell of a lot of things that have come all at once, not the least of which is a problem with the dish decoder that forced me to disassemble the cabinet where the PS5 stands, among others.
I have cables and pieces of furniture all over the place and, arriving late from work at night, I have little time to restore a functional and decent look to the area.
Hopefully the incoming weekend will help to find some time to go back to the wheel

Back