Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,159 comments
True indeed, but I can't sleep for the rest of my life when I get stuck on 45.0 ...... that ain't gonna cut it 🤣🤣
But it's a fight, getting faster, but also make more mistakes...... did 4 laps just now, all 45.5, one corner.......gets me now EVERY lap 😡 me and "Bergwerk" ain't no friends anymore, I loose ALL my time there, if I take it 10 times, it's 10 times different, I just have NO idea how to approach this one, I brake at the blue tarmac line but have no idea when to turn in .......

Tips? 🤣
You turn in late :D

I actually brake JUST before the blue graffiti.....it gives me a more stable approach to the entery. You don't want to hug the inside, but rather want a wider entery so you can start applying throttle before hitting the (late) apex....I was at full throttle by the time I hit the apex

me and "Bergwerk" ain't no friends anymore, I loose ALL my time there, if I take it 10 times, it's 10 times different, I just have NO idea how to approach this one, I brake at the blue tarmac line but have no idea when to turn in .......

Tips? 🤣
That’s a tricky one indeed. Breaking point reference is the graffiti. You have to find your spot between that blue graffiti and the Yokohama board on the right, stay in 4th gear, late apex, avoid the inside curb, accelerate as early as you can and leeeeet the car flow to the outside.

Just dipped under... barely...

TT-DragonSeaside-almost2.jpg

And it seems I can't stop! They're fighting out live for the record.
Will it go under 39 come morning?

Oh man... I’m always saving it for the final day. I’d rather not do that but I seem incapable of learning from my planning “mistakes”, it just keeps happening again and again. Anyway, a 1’37.728 in the span of a daily workout last night was what I found time for yesterday. A bit more pushing tonight for about two hours and it went slowly down, .6XX, .5XX and eventually a .411. But I somehow mess up with the saving of that replay and hang a bit on the stick which moves over to retry and that was that replay out of the window, not to be found again. Did a recent gameplay save and got it that way but quality’s worse so in my mind that wasn’t good enough, lol. :D

Optimal was around a high .1XX and that’s where I finally ended up with a, for me, really nice and clean lap I can be very satisfied with. 1’37.191! :cheers: Off to bed now ahead of work tomorrow, don’t know if djolilea is done with his attempt but if he is I’m happy to have put myself slightly ahead this time as I’ve gotten used to having to bow down to his very great lap times in pretty much all combos.
1696463192560.png

I just managed to go sub 8 tonight. I’m glad there’s another 24 days left. I don’t mind doing a lap or two each evening and I’ve gone from a 8:12 to just under 8.

I know eventually my mind won’t lose focus and I forget where I am on the track.

Good luck everyone keep putting in the laps.

Fought quite a bit more and dropped it a little
View attachment 1292560
38 was on the cards few times, but yeah, the chicane - that was my best run through there and I just couldn't match it.
Well sadly, my ER visit delayed me for a few days so I was not able to get silver or gold this time, my time was in the 1'42.000's. The death chicane just kept messing my runs up. It's no point in getting bent out of shape about it, I'm human and I can't do some of these as well as the aliens can.

Good morning folks,

Alarm at 6 AM, but was awake at 5 AM because of the hall of terror.
During the night the furry ****ers are still locked up in the hallway otherwise they tear down the entire house.
Heard something fall so went to check it out, yeah... awake, work starts at 8:30, so yeah, why not eat some extra Nordschleife grass

Started at 5:15, coffee on the table and try to get into the flow again.

The first 30 minuts i had multiple good first few sectors but was again to scared thru Bergwerk, and the exitspeed on that is one of the most important once of the lap.
After 1 hour of restarting i finally naild the damn corner but got to greedy on the breakingzone before the second carrousell, but still ending up at 7:44.958 and kind of angry with myself :lol:

Restart after restart but then at 8:05 AM at my last possible atempt i went flying

354.7 km further this morning, but there it was, approaching the last turn... that went well!......

I have never been so proud to cross the line below my target time, the ring! i got it!
crossed the line in 7:44.655, and i can't express how happy i am with that,
i had to work for this, my Dualsense has never worked so hard :lol:

@Evilmuffin Thanks for the tips and the provided ghost to follow, really helped me out here :bowdown:
1696493573380.png

@Ramalhinho91 Thanks mate, tried 4th gear but every time i tried i could not slow down enough, ended up still doing it in 3th but thank sfor the tip!

I will upload my lap later because i had to run to get to work on time :lol:

Bit of a agressive approach, not my most beautifull lap :lol: :lol: but it did the track

Good luck foks hunting down the certificate

Certificate club, may i please enter? :lol::lol:

18afea6ceb027-screenshotUrl.jpg

18afe975fa782-screenshotUrl.jpg

18afec63d2974-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning folks,

Alarm at 6 AM, but was awake at 5 AM because of the hall of terror.
During the night the furry ****ers are still locked up in the hallway otherwise they tear down the entire house.
Heard something fall so went to check it out, yeah... awake, work starts at 8:30, so yeah, why not eat some extra Nordschleife grass

Started at 5:15, coffee on the table and try to get into the flow again.

The first 30 minuts i had multiple good first few sectors but was again to scared thru Bergwerk, and the exitspeed on that is one of the most important once of the lap.
After 1 hour of restarting i finally naild the damn corner but got to greedy on the breakingzone before the second carrousell, but still ending up at 7:44.958 and kind of angry with myself :lol:

Restart after restart but then at 8:05 AM at my last possible atempt i went flying

354.7 km further this morning, but there it was, approaching the last turn... that went well!......

I have never been so proud to cross the line below my target time, the ring! i got it!
crossed the line in 7:44.655, and i can't express how happy i am with that,
i had to work for this, my Dualsense has never worked so hard :lol:

@Evilmuffin Thanks for the tips and the provided ghost to follow, really helped me out here :bowdown:
@Ramalhinho91 Thanks mate, tried 4th gear but every time i tried i could not slow down enough, ended up still doing it in 3th but thank sfor the tip!

I will upload my lap later because i had to run to get to work on time :lol:

Good luck foks hunting down the certificate

Certificate club, may i please enter? :lol::lol:

View attachment 1292617

View attachment 1292616

View attachment 1292618
Welcome to the "Certificate Club" :cheers:

Once you get the hang of it, the Porsche 919 is a treat to drive and reminds me of IMSA Petit Le Mans next week :)
However, the biggest downside is that after each push lap you need a cooldown lap to recharge the battery. Otherwise the electric motor turns off on the backstraight at 230km/h which costs almost half a second!

20970814960495986.jpg

Once you get the hang of it, the Porsche 919 is a treat to drive and reminds me of IMSA Petit Le Mans next week :)
However, the biggest downside is that after each push lap you need a cooldown lap to recharge the battery. Otherwise the electric motor turns off on the backstraight at 230km/h which costs almost half a second!

View attachment 1292630

I'm looking forward this Time Trial as there is a lot to learn for me regarding car class and track. @Kamikatze: I love the JOTA-livery! Looks great, even flying... 😉

Here are some statistics for TT46 at Dragon Trail Seaside in Gr.3.

1696495346110.png

LB-final.jpg
TT-main table.jpg
TT-comparison.jpg
TT-distribution.jpg
TT-DR Table.jpg
TT-DR Graph.jpg
Cars.jpg

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 114.

TT-all gold table.jpg
TT-all gold chart 1.jpg
TT-all gold chart 2.jpg

Interim Results for TT47 at Tsukuba in the Garage RCR Civic.

1696495803613.png

LB-final 1.jpg
TT-comparison 1.jpg
This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.
TT-interim gaps.jpg

Interim Results for TTx at Nürburgring Nordschleife in the Honda Civic Type R '22.

1696497471169.png

LB-final 2.jpg
TT-comparison 2.jpg
This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time. I've had to make it much longer than usual to have some more meaningful data in there.
TT-interim gaps 1.jpg

I'm a little surprised. I thought there'd be more gold at Seaside considering how much it has been used in Sport, especially in the Gr3s.

RIP Pad players. Thinking back to the Red Bull nightmare on this circuit. Could be a long week.
I disagree. Yes I need to turn in way earlier but with some practice (as with every input device) Gold is always achievable.
Same for next Nations Cup Race. The X2019C is fun to drive even with controller. Tyre wear is where my fellow controller guys and I suffer the most.

I disagree. Yes I need to turn in way earlier but with some practice (as with every input device) Gold is always achievable.
Same for next Nations Cup Race. The X2019C is fun to drive even with controller. Tyre wear is where my fellow controller guys and I suffer the most.
I've failed to get four golds. Three of which were down to my inability to overcome the shortcomings of the input device.
What controller settings are you using?

The X2019 is an irrelevant POS as far as I'm concerned. It's probably my biggest dislike when it comes to the whole series of GT games.

Back