Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,159 comments
zjn
Gold for a corner of pinky nail at the Glenn.

View attachment 1309560

I was convinced I was losing a lot in the second section, and the numbers confirmed that.

S1 +0,295s
S2 +1,205s
S3 +0,301s

Analyzing my microsectors I see that I brake way too early (but I do it because if I brake later I can't hold it), I'm scared in the second part of the bus stop, because many times the car jumps off me at the last curb, and I also don't brake well between the exit of the bus stop and the I Love NY box

I would like to lower it a little more, but it may not be so trivial as I don't think it's just a bravery issue.

Here is my lap, if you like to give me some advice. Thanks

The only thing I can say is try to avoid lifting when exiting some of the corners, it's better to wait a fraction longer so that the throttle is constant on exit, lifting in the exit costs a lot more time on to long straights than waiting/coasting for 10 more feet mid corner.

I know it feels like you are going slower at the apex but is actually the fastest way I find.

Otherwise a solid lap, you might want to try entering the chicane in 5th and dropping to 4th in the straight part of the chicane, you might be able to brake a bit later and carry more coasting speed.

The results for TT54 are over here.

Interim Results for TT55 at Watkins Glen Short Course in the Alpine A110 Première Édition '17.

1701949499625.png
TT-comparison.jpg

LB-final.jpg
TT-interim gaps.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to give Big Willow a last try last night. After hustling with the Merc to a 13.5xx, I grabbed my trusty M6 Sprint and did a 12.8xx in like one lap and called it a night.

Got to work this morning and now I'm reading about a Bvgatti at Kyoto . . ? That used to be my favorite track!

Perhaps I'll make a Shi-Shi-O Livery for the thing and give it a whirl.

#Original #Kenshin #KyotoSaga

I'm doing something similar for offline personal usage. Would like also to add the medals (bronze/silver/gold).
You know... regular people is exposed to have a mix of medals instead of a chest full of gold... 😜

I'd like to have dots of different color depending on the medal but haven't foud a programmatically way to do it.

i can't wait to try :grumpy: :grumpy: :lol:
Not looking forward to this one, i think i'm going to try to gold it and run this time.......
RIP controller and def. RIP Remote Play for this one :lol::lol:
I'm having to take 4th gear through the chicanes.

Sensitivity needs to be at least 7 to carry the speed through the fast sweeping corners.

I average one valid lap for every ten I start. I've got a 1:17.4 thus far, with an opt of 1:16.9.

Bit tricky this one. I'm 7/10th's away from gold at the moment.....have to try and limit brakes to as little as possible. Maintaining alot of momentum is key on this one.

EDIT: down to an 1:18.012 with and optimal of :17.7. Gotta keep grinding if I want that gold.

Last edited:
zjn
Gold for a corner of pinky nail at the Glenn.

View attachment 1309560

I was convinced I was losing a lot in the second section, and the numbers confirmed that.

S1 +0,295s
S2 +1,205s
S3 +0,301s

Analyzing my microsectors I see that I brake way too early (but I do it because if I brake later I can't hold it), I'm scared in the second part of the bus stop, because many times the car jumps off me at the last curb, and I also don't brake well between the exit of the bus stop and the I Love NY box

I would like to lower it a little more, but it may not be so trivial as I don't think it's just a bravery issue.

Here is my lap, if you like to give me some advice. Thanks

I only took a quick look, but first sector is the easiest to gain you some time. I noticed you release your brake a bit abruptly during trail braking. Samething happened in the 3rd sector (except for the last right which you did great).

Anyways, work on turn one...it is the easiest (and hardest) to gain you a good 2/10.

Last edited:
Well I didn't have anymore time to race at Willow, I had to sleep yesterday, I spent 5-6 hours doing house chores and that wore me out, so I will receive a bronze, 1'15.187. So, it is what it is.

Wish me luck in the Bugatti one, just read the article featuring it.

Last edited:
Bit tricky this one. I'm 7/10th's away from gold at the moment.....have to try and limit brakes to as little as possible. Maintaining alot of momentum is key on this one.
Said in the Brad Pitt oceans eleven way....

"You have to go fast through it, but not to fast then you have to make sure you are going slow enough to go fast through it. But not to slow, that is bad. So just go fast through it but not to fast and not to slow but make sure you are both slow and fast enough through it. But the secret to getting it right......oh the F1 is starting soon"

Well first, I'm directing my attention towards the WG one, then it's off to Kyoto for the gold!

I really need to put more effort studying each replay and to utilize the information that processes in my mind.

Last edited:
Said in the Brad Pitt oceans eleven way....

"You have to go fast through it, but not to fast then you have to make sure you are going slow enough to go fast through it. But not to slow, that is bad. So just go fast through it but not to fast and not to slow but make sure you are both slow and fast enough through it. But the secret to getting it right......oh the F1 is starting soon"

put even more simply....

97a03fea-33f3-43d8-a138-63bc7256c763_text.gif

@zjn I had a look at you lap.
Like the muffinman said indeed T1, I think you can brake a little later and yeeet in 4th directly when you brake and release the brake gently and try to go on the throttle as soon as possible.

For the busstop you can start braking at the 400 board ( you can even brake a little later ) stay in 5th a lot longer and use 4th when you want to rotate a bit to the inner curb, so stay longer in 5th there.

For the right hander, try to have a turning point that you can remember every lap, coast until you reach that point and floor it, you are lifting a lot during that corner that cost you a lot of time, and you can go alot wide on exit so you can floor it quite early when you clip the apex mid corner!

Then the left hander I always take in 4th, for a short moment to 5th on exit before back to 4th for the final corner, you have a lot of room between the wall there.... get close... 😁😁

So you can def grab some time here!, good luck!, and ill see your updated video soon , 😁😁

I raced on Watkins Glen for the first time in my life today. Thankfully I lived vicariously through various YouTubers for last half year or so. Therefore I had seen it quite a lot already.

Watching Digit's and Tidgney's lap guides helped tremendously as well. No way I would be anywhere close to gold without them. No idea how anyone finds these optimal lines and approaches by themselves.

Took me 18 laps (14 of which were red) to get to a safe 2.5% 🥇.

18c454ccceb11-screenshotUrl.jpg

I raced on Watkins Glen for the first time in my life today. Thankfully I lived vicariously through various YouTubers for last half year or so. Therefore I had seen it quite a lot already.

Watching Digit's and Tidgney's lap guides helped tremendously as well. No way I would be anywhere close to gold without them. No idea how anyone finds these optimal lines and approaches by themselves.

View attachment 1309660
Wow well done, I would be more than happy to get such amazing score here (I'm still in silver)!
Watkins isn't an easy track and it's very easy to lose tens or more on the way.
BRAVO!

View attachment 1309660
I'm always so grateful there is a ghost and/or guide for both the TTs and dailies.

As you get more comfortable with the cars and tracks the ghosts start to be company rather than guides but that's the sign of improvement.

Cracking job mate, a tiny top tip reflect on how you got there, Learning to brake and then turn in, the lap probably felt comfortable but on the edge.

Effort is the key and learning each time. Good work dude :)

Back