Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,569 comments
Arrrgh....had a code brown moment at the exit of the chicane right before the final corner. Lost nearly 2/10s there....that would've been a sub 2min lap :ill:

View attachment 1327070

Nice! Yeah I see how you're just rolling though the dipper, I think I'm over driving there and coming in too hot and not getting close enough to the wall on the left causing me to slow down and try to rotate more, and I see the ghost rocket away, but it's even worse on top of the hill. It's like a golf swing (I suck at golf), you can think about all these little things but when the time comes to swing, you have to put that all out of your mind and just do it, but that's not easy! LOL - I also went +0.461 on last few turns that lap which didn't help.

I really don't think I will be able to get much better than this.

426552513_1304120993612982_2521548047193620320_n.jpg

Had my second session last night, got it down from 2:00.144 to 2:00.125, then I nailed a 2:00.036 and the following lap was a 2:00.034, I thought that someone is messing with me.

Somewhere between the 3000 restarts there was a lap where I was 3 tenths ahead of my best time and suddenly my Fanatec wheel decided to disconnect just as I was at the dipper, so that was that.

I had many amazing individual sectors, I remember the 18.595 first, 41.3xx second, but of course, like always, not possible to connect them all together into a sub 2 minute lap. But there will be no giving up, it must be done.

SHARE_20240211_0819450.jpeg

This morning, I wanted to secure my gold - 1:55.004 - at Autopolis because.... why not :D

Few days ago, my position on the leaderboard was uncomfortable:

1707639513334.png

After some efforts, I feel much better (logic is respected):

1707639629793.png

The problem when we solve a problem is another problem that arises...

1707639756673.png

Dilemma: what to do now? :mischievous:
A - Fight the dragon and kill them all
B - Just ignore these Angela lovers
C - Be fair-play and restart with wet tyres, as the Brits do every day

Don't hesitate to comment below :dopey:

Ok, now let's talk a bit about my admission at the "Sub 1:55" Club.

Sector 1: 0:21.883 - one of my best S1, very happy how I managed it
Sector 2: 0:37.633 - once again, I credit @Tidgney for his help on this sector :bowdown:
Sector 3: 0:55.374 - the most dispointing part as I've already scored 0:55 flat here :confused:

1707640482642.png

The replay is available as usual ;)

This is probably my best result ever on a TT and also my best ranking (@half_sourly will confirm in the next days). It's just incredible.
No need to say I'm VIOLENTLY happy !!!

Last edited:
Broke the 2:02 barrier, now only 2 tenths away from gold! Perhaps more importantly (at least psychologically): my optimum is now in gold territory.
1707645327418.png

And here's the lap. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (except turning off TC @TumeK5 ;) )

Dilemma: what to do now? :mischievous:
A - Fight the dragon and kill them all
B - Just ignore these Angela lovers
C - Be fair-play and restart with wet tyres, as the Brits do every day

Don't hesitate to comment below :dopey:
Definitely A! You're on fire here! Also, you realise that we don't have Angela anymore? The new guy is easy to overlook though, I'll give you that :D

Last edited:
Arrrgh....had a code brown moment at the exit of the chicane right before the final corner. Lost nearly 2/10s there....that would've been a sub 2min lap :ill:

View attachment 1327070

That's very smooth mate!, congrats!, you are miles ahead of me..... tried some cars this morning, was kind of close with thr 650S, but not close enough, ran a few extra laps with the Genesis and went from .599 to .56x or something with a lot of code Brown..... man im struggling with this one!

1000017145.jpg

@Dolph Drago

Here is my Autopolis lap, made 2 views, maby you can spot some difference.
S1 we are tied @ 21.864 and a .841 for me, S2 I have a little more @ 59.178 and a 58.896 for me, that's 0.282 so must be the hairpin cause your uphill looks smooth and very fast using all track width
Your S3 is good, maby even better than mine cause we are 0.241 apart in the end so my early 4th on T14 makes no real difference altho I thought that would be it, but.... Sector 2 it is 😁

But again, great lap mate! Would be awesom if you could shave of some more 😁😁

Last edited:
View attachment 1326909

I thought I was ....... 😂😂
It really is a game of millimetres here. That section in particular is very scary but if you get it right, you'll be rewarded. Several big crashes have occurred here over the years due to the largely non-existent margin of error. To me, it's even scarier than Sulman Park.

Also, tip for those struggling in the Genesis and M6: use the 2020 AMG GT3. It should provide the traction and agility that you need.

Broke the 2:02 barrier, now only 2 tenths away from gold! Perhaps more importantly (at least psychologically): my optimum is now in gold territory.
View attachment 1327148

And here's the lap. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (except turning off TC @TumeK5 ;) )

Hat off Crome, your lap is very clean and you're supersonic here! You completly deserve to receive another yellow medal on this TT.

PS: view from here, everybody is sure that every German home have an Angela's portrait over the fireplace (or in the bedroom for the most chaotic evils of you :D).

View attachment 1327148

Definitely A! You're on fire here! Also, you realise that we don't have Angela anymore? The new guy is easy to overlook though, I'll give you that :D

It’s a very solid lap.

You’re too conservative through Quarry (T6). If you get the line perfect you can go through there without lifting. Even when you’re a bit off you only need a partial momentary lift.

You’re also braking too much through the esses. I stay in 4th for the left hander and then down to 2nd for the right hander before the dipper.

For Murray’s (final turn) you don’t need 1st. Brake a touch earlier and then coast in 2nd before progressively feeding the throttle through the apex.

You could comfortably do a 2:01.0xx I think.

As I was relatively dissatisfied with my first session, I did a short second session this morning.
I'm slowly starting to feel more comfortable with the Genesis.
But Bathurst doesn't forgive any mistakes.

I was able to improve to a 1:59.168.

I'm relatively happy with the lap, there are no more big mistakes. My opt. is just in the 1:58s, but I really have to hit the lap perfectly for that.
At least I'm within a second of the world record, which is about my normal pace.

IMG_0727.jpeg

This morning I did some laps with various different cars instead of chasing 1:59s with the Genesis. Managed to get the Mazda RX Vision, the Mercedes AMG 20 and the 911 RSR into the 2:01.3s. However, I couldn't seem to get the 650s to work, best I did was a 2:02.2s....not sure why.

I did managed to get one car into the 2:00s....the Supra. Did a 2:00.793 after a few laps.

Last edited:
As I was relatively dissatisfied with my first session, I did a short second session this morning.
I'm slowly starting to feel more comfortable with the Genesis.
But Bathurst doesn't forgive any mistakes.

I was able to improve to a 1:59.168.

I'm relatively happy with the lap, there are no more big mistakes. My opt. is just in the 1:58s, but I really have to hit the lap perfectly for that.
At least I'm within a second of the world record, which is about my normal pace.

View attachment 1327204

Amazing laptime man, hats off to you!

And there it is! 🥳

1707663498112.png

Man, I am exhausted, but so happy. Don't know who of you is into that, but this TT felt like a Dark Souls boss fight. Appears insurmountable at first, you die 30 times and throw things at the screen, but over time, you learn its patterns and weaknesses, and when you finally lay him, you feel like the king of the world :D
Hat off Crome, your lap is very clean and you're supersonic here! You completly deserve to receive another yellow medal on this TT.
Thanks buddy, but so do you! After you have slayed the dragon at Autopolis of course ;)
PS: view from here, everybody is sure that every German home have an Angela's portrait over the fireplace (or in the bedroom for the most chaotic evils of you :D).
This may come as a shock to you, but I don't even have a fireplace 😱
You’re too conservative through Quarry (T6). If you get the line perfect you can go through there without lifting. Even when you’re a bit off you only need a partial momentary lift.

You’re also braking too much through the esses. I stay in 4th for the left hander and then down to 2nd for the right hander before the dipper.

For Murray’s (final turn) you don’t need 1st. Brake a touch earlier and then coast in 2nd before progressively feeding the throttle through the apex.
Thanks a ton, this definitely helped. T6 was really my weak spot. I did stick with 1st for the final turn, but adjusted the brake point as you suggested.

I am off for a couple of days now (or at least off the wheel), happy lapping everyone!

1707664103037.png

Edit: oh yeah, here's the lap, also shared in-game:

Last edited:
Also, tip for those struggling in the Genesis and M6: use the 2020 AMG GT3. It should provide the traction and agility that you need.
Haven't tried Genesis, but I think pretty much any other car will feel stable and planted after M6 lol That BMW is proper fast around MP, but it has its character.
TBH M6 is pretty agile, I find it one of the better/easier cars to nail that 2nd sector where you need a lot of commitment. Really gives you confidence to stay flat on the throttle

Last edited:
18d993db01170-screenshotUrl.jpg

Slowly but surely I got there. I believe I have some more in me as well. My next lap I had the best entry and exit at turn 1 I've ever had and up the first right I was half a second up before I clipped the left wall all the way at the top before that dipper thing that throws you into the turn like only the best kind of turn does. I actually really like this track despite its difficulty for me. I think I'll probably grind on it a bit when I have proper time. Happy to have gotten the yellow medal though. It's probably not enough for when the aliens attack but it's close.

Back