Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,573 comments
Roo
That race had more Carltons than the Fresh Prince.
Happy Will Smith GIF

I approve this post

I used to watch that show all the time back in the 90's. Carlton was such a nerd. Anyways back to the subject of the TT's and how to beat them. I really don't want to waste a whole lot more time at AP. But I gotta keep chipping my time down if I can. But worse case scenario is I'll walk away with a million.

Last edited:
Hi you lovely people. Still no gold at Bathurst. 2 valid laps in a 20 lap run. Am I too much of a lunatic maybe? At least the optimum is nicely in gold territory. The McLaren drives like a charm but I might have to try the Genesis anyhow.

View attachment 1327923View attachment 1327924

That lap overview with the session optimum screen is bugged right? It looks like it was designed to allow scrolling through your laps but it doesn't move ever right?

At least Autopolis is done. Used the GT4 McLaren. Also drives very nice. Shifting at half rev limiter does the trick.

View attachment 1327926
Lunatic. Na. Glutton for punishment, maybe. But not a lunatic.😀

I have finally gotten a Gold Lap at Bathurst.

I made a few adjustments after studying the WR some more (hopefully that doesn't improve!). Put into practice and finally got a good one logged.

S2 wasn't my best, but it was good enough. I got real close to the wall at Quarry. Take a look.

18da49ef1db65-screenshotUrl.jpg
18da49edd466-screenshotUrl.jpg

I had gotten pretty comfortable with that section and it wasn't too hard to be brave to go fast. Past Skyline, however, that was always butt clenching terror! Almost lost it at The Dipper and exit from Forest's Elbow.

Overall, I'm unsatisfied with the McLaren F1 GTR's performance. But it does look really nice!

18da49eca8f66-screenshotUrl.jpg

I will give it one more stint tomorrow. Hopefully get a few tenths down.

18da49f10f667-screenshotUrl.jpg
18da49f264973-screenshotUrl.jpg

And the replay.

COME ON! As Kimi once said, "****ing finally..." I put on some nice new livery, gave it a wash and went for it.

SHARE_20240213_1110070.jpeg

This was actually a very strange lap, couple of rookie mistakes, as you can see on the replay, first sector average (.734), I regularly do ~.650, second sector was good, third sector horrible, actually went on the grass on the fast left hander (whatever it's called) and lost a bunch of time, and I was too late on the brakes after the back straight and for sure lost at least half a tenth, maybe tenth... So in theory, I'm sure I can do 1:59.700, somewhere in that range, but that lap is never going to happen, I'm done with this and leaving very happy :D

On to the next one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting to reach my limit at Mount Panorama. Spent the first days trying different cars but apparently there's nothing that matches the Genesis, at least in my hands. So in the last couple of days I've focused solely on that, and today I managed to break into 1:58, first 58.965, next 58.888, and finally, 58.847. My opt. is in the 58.7s, so about a tenth gain is still possible, in theory.

Screenshot_2024-02-14-00-53-53-85_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-14-00-54-55-70_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Last edited:
Finally improved my time by a couple of 10ths - in the RCZ rather than the Genesis because it looks much nicer. Down to a 2.01.3 which I think should hold for that Gold... But I must admit that I leave this TT feeling rather deflated, even with a huge amount of effort and time invested, I'm really so far away from the real pace.

Hopefully the next one is not race cars. :)

I have finally gotten a Gold Lap at Bathurst.

I made a few adjustments after studying the WR some more (hopefully that doesn't improve!). Put into practice and finally got a good one logged.

S2 wasn't my best, but it was good enough. I got real close to the wall at Quarry. Take a look.

View attachment 1327970View attachment 1327971

I had gotten pretty comfortable with that section and it wasn't too hard to be brave to go fast. Past Skyline, however, that was always butt clenching terror! Almost lost it at The Dipper and exit from Forest's Elbow.

Overall, I'm unsatisfied with the McLaren F1 GTR's performance. But it does look really nice!

View attachment 1327972

I will give it one more stint tomorrow. Hopefully get a few tenths down.

View attachment 1327973View attachment 1327974

And the replay.

That's a fantastic effort in that car imo. :)

Starting to reach my limit at Mount Panorama. Spent the first days trying different cars but apparently there's nothing that matches the Genesis, at least in my hands. So in the last couple of days I've focused solely on that, and today I managed to break into 1:58, first 58.965, next 58.888, and finally, 58.847. My opt. is in the 58.7s, so about a tenth gain is still possible, in theory.

View attachment 1327980
View attachment 1327991

Crikey mate! I was going to make some some "Australianized" comment about how that made my 3% time look like a grandma taking a lazy summer stroll on the beach while the barbie warmed up, but words failed me and I've nowt to say.

That lap was bonzer.

:lol:

18da55bb6f284-screenshotUrl.jpg
18da55b86e390-screenshotUrl.jpg

Let's go!!! Didn't think I'd have the energy for a TT this week but I manage to squeeze into some gold. I am hoping this is safe for the next week.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for the motivation to keep going with it ✊🏻💪🏻. It's real fun actively reading/watching this thread and seeing people improve and giving others advice!

I'm quite curious of what you saw 🤔
Shift points mostly.

I haven't been shifting to first. I feel like I get the rotation I need without but you just blast out of corners when you do that. I think it's a place I can find a few tenths in a few places if I can get it nailed down. I always have had trouble being consistent with GR3 cars and I think it may be because I don't use the gearing to its full potential. I try really hard to get shift points right, long before I work on smoothness, and the way you do it is similar but I always am a gear higher than you are in the tough corners.

Last edited:
The wheel will probably be fine....but something is going move around when you hit the brakes....either your chair or the stand. I have a foldable rig and I put enough force to the brake pedal to lift up the middle part of the rig (how I know I have 100% braking 🤪 ).

my setup
View attachment 1327920
That looks a bit messy. I'm triggered by the pile of paper next to the printer.
Crikey mate! I was going to make some some "Australianized" comment about how that made my 3% time look like a grandma taking a lazy summer stroll on the beach while the barbie warmed up, but words failed me and I've nowt to say.

That lap was bonzer.

:lol:
No one says bonzer anymore. You'd say that the lap was a blinder instead.

Please do not improve the fastest time any further! :scared:
GGMBeYVWUAAa-nT
Yesterday I posted my laptime with the 458, imploring the guys at the very top not to improve the world record. That laptime took me about 90 minutes to achieve and was just within the 3% range for Gold.

Today I decided to find out what I would be capable of using the go-to car. I've already commented on the BOP specifications of the cars, where the Genesis has actually less weight and more power than the Ferrari, which seems not fair at all. Well, today I found out just how not fair the setting is, because I absolutely smoked my Ferrari ghost on the straights. Honestly, it's almost comical how much faster the Genesis is in a line. I also found it much more controllable at the top of the mountain, where you have to slow down for the downhill esses. It took me just about 20 minutes to beat my Ferrari laptime by half a second (also note the kilometres driven).

That said however, the Genesis can't hold a candle to the 458's glorious engine note :bowdown:
That's part of the reason why I chose to race the Ferrari in the first place 🥹

GGRSvq0WYAAB148

Last edited:
Congrats to all you super fast guys getting sub-2:00 times on Mt. Panorama!

As for me, I think I would be ecstatic just to get in to the 2:00's. I'm about 0.5s off that now, so I'm not even sure if that's doable. But I really enjoy this track and I want to figure out where I'm losing 3+ seconds to the WR, so I'm going to give it an effort and see if I can improve overall in the process.

Did the same. After my 2:03:440 in the Genesis i did the CE. Golding the full lap was the hardest part for me but in my final try i beat it by about half a second. For fun i tried some laps in the McLaren at the TT after this and got a 2:03:358 or something like that.

I am pleased with that (was more fun than expected) and am waiting for the new TT and weakly challenges. ;-)

Ok guys, we must talk.

I've watched most of your insane replays at Mount Paranormal because I wanted to understand why my laps compare to yours are more like a sunday ride :odd:

When I see the speed of your cars in the Esses, when I see your margin with the walls, when I see your "YOLO no assist at all", when I see your capabilities to enchain gold laps again and again on THAT track, it's obvious that all of you suffer from severe mental issues... There's no other logical explanation!

I'm maybe only in silver but (despite my admiration for you) I am mentally sane!!
Hats off!

Decided to try every eligible car I already had for this TT. Will revisit several and up the lap count to 15-20 depending on energy levels and see what I can get with them.

View attachment 1328013

Haven't decided if I'm going to buy one of the others yet.
Okay, now it is official: it is only my driving that holds the '18 GTR back. It has a lot of grip and I keep control. But I am clearly slower than with the '20 AMG. Maybe I will try the ultimate Genesis to reach a silver time.

Tomorrow will probably be a road car again so I guess I will stay in Australia for another week...

Finally got inside of the 2mins mark. Optimal was in the 1:59.7s

Such a lousy 1st sector...I almost restarted it 🤧

In PSVR2. Ghost was from Tidg.

Well done!, congrats mate!, unstoppable damn Muffin.... :lol: :banghead:

I ran a few laps this morning, must say a was more consistent overall but didn't improve...
I had the chance but then my brain fried seeing my first .5xx split after the elbow.....

Sums up my morning....

View attachment 1327980
View attachment 1327991

I mean this in the nicest possible way but…

YOU ARE NOT NORMAL.

This Is Not Normal Daniel Scheinert GIF by The Academy Awards

I mean this in the nicest possible way but…

YOU ARE NOT NORMAL.

This Is Not Normal Daniel Scheinert GIF by The Academy Awards

Yes @D_Dragline we 100% agree...

Ok guys, we must talk.

I've watched most of your insane replays at Mount Paranormal because I wanted to understand why my laps compare to yours are more like a sunday ride :odd:

When I see the speed of your cars in the Esses, when I see your margin with the walls, when I see your "YOLO no assist at all", when I see your capabilities to enchain gold laps again and again on THAT track, it's obvious that all of you suffer from severe mental issues... There's no other logical explanation!

I'm maybe only in silver but (despite my admiration for you) I am mentally sane!!
Hats off!

Having given up on Autopolis (couldn’t quite crack into the 1:53’s) I went and finished the CE for Bathurst this morning, as I’ve probably only done about ten laps there in my life.

This afternoon I ran the TT in the Genesis and somehow I managed to grab a relatively safe gold in the low 2:01’s. Wasn’t expecting that.

Goal for this one is to crack 2:00. Should be fun, this track rips.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back