Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,837 comments
Not sure if any of your have this issue but I found the steering feedback of the Civic EG Si-R unusually "muted" (GT DD Pro 5nm with McLaren GT3 wheel) even with FF cranked up all the way to max. Still managed 1:11.701 but probably won't bother chasing for a better time.

1540FBBA-858B-41C6-8ECE-1D4A0A987075.JPEG

Flew straight back to Nurburgring for the Porsche TT and the steering just CAME ALIVE so much that I spent another 2 hours on it. Only 4 complete laps (The restart button was working overtime) but did the unthinkable - I got into the sub-7:40 club! Not too shabby consider I struggled to break into 8:00 in my first laps last week.

IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0773.JPG

I love this idea.
I think we can be way more creative than PD 🔥
A separate thread for this would be better as I think it would prevent clutter and participants would be free to post as and when they please.

I will sit this vote out as I am not really available for the next two weeks.
I nominate @330_D to select the 3 tracks for the first event.

edit: spelling
My time is super limited as well but happy to help. @Barareklam just tag me in the place (separate thread seems appropriate) where it's official and I'll pick some tracks!

Not sure if any of your have this issue but I found the steering feedback of the Civic EG Si-R unusually "muted" (GT DD Pro 5nm with McLaren GT3 wheel) even with FF cranked up all the way to max. Still managed 1:11.701 but probably won't bother chasing for a better time.

View attachment 1360396

Flew straight back to Nurburgring for the Porsche TT and the steering just CAME ALIVE so much that I spent another 2 hours on it. Only 4 complete laps (The restart button was working overtime) but did the unthinkable - I got into the sub-7:40 club! Not too shabby consider I struggled to break into 8:00 in my first laps last week.

Did you lowered the car or change rims size or width?, that could be absolutely killing .....
car seems to lay pretty low.

*edit...never mind, I red I wrong 🙈🤣

Nice livery :D

Last edited:
How about following suggestion. Let's make our own TT. GT planet TT thread community own one week challenge. :)
Let's randomly pick 5 people and each and one vote for 3 tracks! Track that gets most votes is the track and we compete until Thursday when Nordschleife ends, our TT ends too.
And since I live in Gothenburg where Volvo is build, car is of course Volvo 240, just stock as it is when we buy it, only livery change is OK.
5 people that voting for 3 tracks are:
@Jeje6410
@Gogga
@crome
@Interemptor
@kowalski__1

Whoever wants to be part of it is welcome.

Is this OK or we need more regulations?
Let's give everyone vote first to this post, hot 🔥 button, we go for it, 💩 poo button, bad idea, we don't do it?
We keep this thread clean try not to bombard it every five minutes with time improvements on own TT, let's say one post per person and day about own TT should do or we create new thread?
What do you say guys?
Great initiative but I only have a few hours a week dedicated to TT and I don't do them all, so it's too complicated for me !

The FF in the civic is definitely on the quiet side. I don't change the settings though for that. I leave it the same no matter what and just drive the car...and for the most part after a few laps it starts to feel ok. I know the effects vary and that some cars have a ton of FF on the wheel while others have very light effects so I know it's not an issue with the wheel or settings I'm using it's the car itself and I just leave it as is.

View attachment 1360396

View attachment 1360398View attachment 1360399

The FF is weak but I feel like the slip point is easy to find. I know what you are saying though. In the real world, a base EK Civic without power steering it's easy to go lock to lock standing still. They do not have a ton of resistance in the steering. Maybe PD just made it accurate? 🍻🤷‍♂️

The FF is weak but I feel like the slip point is easy to find. I know what you are saying though. In the real world, a base EK Civic without power steering it's easy to go lock to lock standing still. They do not have a ton of resistance in the steering. Maybe PD just made it accurate? 🍻🤷‍♂️
I basically assume the force effects are related to specific qualities of the cars like castering and downforce and so forth and that yeah, it's light in a given car for a reason.

Did you lowered the car or change rims size or width?, that could be absolutely killing .....
car seems to lay pretty low.

*edit...never mind, I red I wrong 🙈🤣

Nice livery :D
I actually did...mine was on 16" Spoon rims with wide track and wide width :lol: - the low-ness is only due to the compression of the stock soft suspension I think

That livery was used in JTCC in both EF and EG Civic...older liveries always look great! :)

View attachment 1360396

View attachment 1360398View attachment 1360399

Love that livery. I made it for my EK Civic (it's in my livery thread somewhere if you're interested!). I've gone for an Atari livery for my EG Civic - I'll share it when I get the chance...

I hopped on last night and gave the Nurburgring TT another bash, but I couldn't even manage a lap without invalidating it somewhere. Still sitting in bronze zone, but hoping I can find some concentration and get in a decent lap or two to jump into silver at some stage over the next few days...

Sorry to hear you will not have so much time to play. You have been selected to vote for 3 tracks :) do you want to vote or if not, randomly pick any other member of this thread and then he will vote for 3 tracks. :)
My votes for 3 tracks :
Deep Forest Raceway / Trial Mountain / Catalunya GP.
I will do my best to participate but I suggest you start a new discussion thread. This will be easier to follow.

I see everyone is already onto Tsukuba. I'm still having too much fun on the 'Ring with the 911, and I'm on a mission.

Only had a little time last night, and only improved a tenth, but I had some really good sectors, so if I can string them together over the weekend, I think a 1:39.xx may be doable! Such a fun combo!

TT_Nurb_911_E.jpeg

I see everyone is already onto Tsukuba. I'm still having too much fun on the 'Ring with the 911, and I'm on a mission.

Only had a little time last night, and only improved a tenth, but I had some really good sectors, so if I can string them together over the weekend, I think a 1:39.xx may be doable! Such a fun combo!

View attachment 1360486
Let the car loose and dance with it :D

I'm still with you at the Ring. It's been quite a while since I really had to fight for gold, and I kind of miss it :D ... sure it's great to aim for the top 1,000, top 100, beat @P-Courty ;) or whatever other goal I set my mind to, but nothing beats the thrill of finally seeing that color switch from silver to gold.

On the flipside, nothing beats the frustration when that doesn't happen 🤣
But I remain hopeful.

For the current Civic TT, something about this combo just doesn't hit the spot. Maybe it's the car? The track? or the tires? or all of them? I just can't quite get the car to dance....it is a forever understeer managment.

I don't think it has to do with FWD....The Civic touring car TT (from a few months back) was a lot fun. Yeah it understeers, but it was willing. The Civic in the current TT is like an chubby chihuahua that makes a bunch of noise when you want it to move arround.

Last edited:
For the current Civic TT, something about this combo just doesn't hit the spot. Maybe it's the car? The trakc? or the tires? or all of them? I just can't quite get the car to dance....it is a forver understeer managment.

I don't it has to do with FWD....The Civic touring car TT (from a few months back) was a lot fun. Yeah it understeers, but it was willing. The Civic in the current TT is like an chubby chihuahua that makes a bunch of noise when you want it to move arround.
Nice discription on the Chiuahua 🤣
Bit I'm 100% with you on this one, I was sceptical up front, and it seems that was legit, altho for me, and also for you it seems.
I think it's one of the easier ones to get some credits, but I think I'm at 99 milion or something so that's not the goal here 🤣, it hasnt been a reason for any tt for me, I need fun.... and this is indeed stiff and soulless
I hate the fact that it doesn't flinch when you lay of throttle, I want a car to rotate when I let go of the throttle so I can do the muffin-dance with it 🤣

I guess it's Nordschleife on the morning run again 🤣🤣

Fairly productive evening here - well if we count playing video games as productive that is! lol...

I took more than a second off my Nurby PB. STILL. NOT. SILVER!!!! GAH! :banghead: (optimal was a low 50 though...)

View attachment 1360331
If I can sneak into silver on a TT I wasn't going anywhere near, I'm not a fan of the 'schleife in any way, shape or form, also not a fan of anything Porsche, I discovered I had some time this week to fool around with it. First few sessions earlier this week netted me a '58.xxx with several invalid laps. Set a limit of 3 laps per session. Warmed up this morning on the weekly challenges, which appears to have been a good thing, and, after a shower and some lunch, did another 3 lap session. Put on all the gear, hearing aids, VR & Turtle Beach headset, previous sessions were only VR, and showed immediate improvement to a '57.330. Rolled 2 more laps, without invalidating either, and snuck into silver range on the last with a '51.057. We'll see if it holds up. If I drop out of silver I might have another go. Think I saw a mid to low '50 as an optimum.

Good luck Zev.

Well Im not the fondest of road cars, but this is one of the finest combos we've had in a while.

The car is very playful but once you get to grips with it, well ... it is truly at home.

I'm currently inside top 600 but I think I can dig another second.

This is the story of my stints so far.

18fcffd73cd54-screenshotUrl.jpg

Did not want to lose my gold streak so had to put a little more time into this one than I usually do. I would say around 4 hours spread out on several stints.

Red did better than "Speed Yellow" which was a surprise. To be honest.

Will try to go into the 38s if I have more time. Is this until Tuesday or Thursday?

18fcffd7b7861-screenshotUrl.jpg

I have achieved a few stable improvements and I am quite satisfied with the lap and what I learned about the track.
1000012570.jpg

I think I'm pretty much done with this TT. When I look at the replay, there's nothing to be ashamed of. I was too careful at the “small carousel” and lost time there and there was one situation that looked cooler than it was fast.
1000012569.jpg

Looking at the lap times in my friends list, I'd have to reach @Gogga s time to reach gold halfway safely. Since he belongs to my "very fast and very patient friends" that shows me that gold is not in the cards for me this time.
But that (and a look at the global ranking) also shows me that our friends from Japan are not only big fans of Neuschwanstein Castle, but also of the Nordschleife. And I'm very happy about that.

Regards
Martin

Back