Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,684 comments
Almost top 5 in the world if I didn't go slightly wide on the last corner 😅

But I'm happy with that time for now.

1000002863.jpg

18fd3c2151141-screenshotUrl.jpg

Managed to get under 1:11.900 which was my goal this morning. FF cars are not my thing but, what a lovely and satisfying drive this one is! Not to mention it looks a picture too. Quite happy with being in the top 1000 for now. Let's see if that holds 💪🏻. No idea where ya'll are finding that extra second.

18fd3c1f68615-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
This is from the results thread. I've designed something that is relatively low maintenance for me and I think does the job. I've used the past 10 TTs to test it and have taken placing in the TT (overall against all participants, not just gtplanet group) because that is the easiest way for me to automate it.

I've then taken the average placing using the best 8 results of the 10 and ranked by that average.

Let me know if this is what you have in mind.

View attachment 1360826
Thanks again. Check your coffee-pot. 😉

Hi,

I am loving the Civic at Tsukuba. Well into the 1:12:6xx now. All the new rig is bedding in nicely now. I am starting to get some flow and feel to it all. Delighted here... Sort of...

I have the Fanatec CSL V2 pedals and the brake occasionally sticks on. It just locks itself on 100% brake. It is incredibly frustrating!!!

The pedals are only 6 months old. Please tell me there is something I can do here to solve the problem - Rather than having to send them back to Fanatec.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

I liked it better when I was 69!

I wonder what list would look like if "-" = "last" 😅
Like as in average in the non-completes as last on list of 138 instead of not using them in the average. Haha. 😆

----------------------------------------------------

This is my wheel/ PSVR2 lap at Tsukuba. Dropped 5 tenths compared to controller/ flat screen/ auto gears. Almost got into the 1:11s.
Got bored and when back to The Green Hell where I got back down to my previous 7:44.4xx pretty quickly, but no better.
Then had to go after a few laps. I'll be happy if I can just get gold at The Ring.

Tsukuba TT Civic.jpg

Went to Tsukuba to relax from Nordschleife 😎

The contrast between the two cars and the two tracks couldn't be more visible.

IMO it's more fun to do one invalidate lap with the Porsche at Nordschleife than six valid laps with the Civic at Tsukuba 😆

Maybe I am done with this one....

1000012588.jpg

Cheers
Martin

If you don't stay in 7:30s you will get trouble with us 😅
But The Ring is like a drug 😆
Right behind you @Gogga !
Picked up three tenths in a quick session this morning…. My optimal lap is now a 7’37.997 so I think a 38 is on
Keep pushing you will get it! 🔥

I have never been able to run more than two full laps in succession, so I have no clue what my optimals are.
I just keep an eye on my splits. It's nerve wrecking but what a thrill.

I have never been able to run more than two full laps in succession, so I have no clue what my optimals are.
I just keep an eye on my splits. It's nerve wrecking but what a thrill.
Same - I’m just recording splits in a spreadsheet every time I complete a clean lap. Invariably, if I try for a second lap, I bin it in the first sector 😂

Decided to just do one lap of the green hell.

I haven't watched any videos but I know I like the Porsche from when I did my first daily race in it at Tsukuba (many times 😂) so thought I'd just go for it.

Ended up with a 7:57.xxx not fast at all but at least it's a bronze from only one lap.

If I get more time then I'll watch a guide and go again.

Last edited:
Decided to just do one lap of the green hell.

I haven't watched any videos but I know I like the Porsche from when I did my first daily race in it at Tsukuba (many times 😂) so thought I'd just go for it.

Ended up with a 1:57.xxx not fast at all but at least it's a bronze from only one lap.

If I get more time then I'll watch a guide and go again.
You did the green hell in 1:57.xxx? Dilithium crystals in that car?

Last edited:
As an attendee of
Muffin School of Evil
(Green Hell class)

I give you... Nordschleife GOLD TIME! (provisional)

TT-NordschleifePorsche-almost2.jpg

That moment called for some shots!
Done it my old fashioned butchery way, with automatic transmission, so it's entirely possible.
Optimal dropped to mid 40s, so I'll see if learning MT here (never driven Nordschleife with MT before) can get me more margin.

"Tap the breaks and turn in" - that allowed me to gain a lot of time in few places here, so thanks Mr Muffin!

I'm really happy about it, after golding Le Mans with Bugatti earlier this year I hoped to break the non-gold results at this iconic track and I did! (hopefully it will stay yellow)

Back