Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,463 comments
@Gomario JSP
Hang in there bud. I don't know what you going through at the moment, but just remember that whatever it is, is just temporary. It will pass.

I've been through alot in the past year. I also stopped being active here. But being part of this great community and the virtual friendships I've made has helped me greatly!

My thoughts are with you buddy ❤️

Stay fast!

Sorry to hear you're dealing with stressful stuff my friend. :( Hope it gets better for you soon, and you can get back at it!!
Thought I was in the wrong thread for a second there.
Altho i wasn't feeling like it, i still was awake fairly early today and after sipping my coffey away i could not resist
to try some Catalunya laps, i think i stuffed up my absolute PB lap on the second lap by hitting the grass on the very last exit.
Then for about an hour i didn't hit a thing, not even sub 51's.
Almost gave up but took 5 minutes and went again..

Altho i had a bad S1 ( had a lot of high .4xx already ) my exit on Repsol was more than descent.
And for the first time i had a sort of descent Campsa, i have a lot of problems with this car uphill, same goes for Bank Sabadell
it's just so oversteery on the most tiny input on throttle on those corners...
But kind of got it this time and finally ran a .734

View attachment 1365805

Could def have been a low 6 if it wasn't for S1. :banghead:

But happy with the way my "Justice 4 Banana"slided around the track, and for a brief moment sitting within the top 100, should last an hour i guess :lol::lol:

View attachment 1365801

View attachment 1365802

Thanks mate, i hope so too, time will tell on this one, hope to know more in a few days. 🤞

BANANA!

I hate Minions but I couldn't help it.

I'm annoyingly stuck on 3.40.001 (!!)

I'm stressing myself out over two one thousands of a second 😂😂 but I really want that 39.x so bad!

And then I see Kevin De Bruyne with his 3.35.5 whilst he's busy playing at the Euros and I'm like.... Ahhhhh does it really matter in the overall scheme of life? 😭
You have to look for one thousands, not two.
The impressive issue is that de Bruin met 3:35.500 straight to look cool at WR board.
That's the challenge 😜
@Gogga already understood by doing exactly a 3,00% 🥇 at Le Mans at first but then made the mistake to improve to a completely broken 2,52% instead of a nice an straight 2,50%.
I think the new wheel doesn't suit him well 😂

You have to look for one thousands, not two.
The impressive issue is that de Bruin met 3:35.500 straight to look cool at WR board.
That's the challenge 😜
@Gogga already understood by doing exactly a 3,00% 🥇 at Le Mans at first but then made the mistake to improve to a completely broken 2,52% instead of a nice an straight 2,50%.
I think the new wheel doesn't suit him well 😂
At first I struggled to get into silver territory. I literally drove non stop for a few hours :banghead:
I had the same thoughts. I had the strongest feelings of buyers regret ever, but then I hit the 3% on the dot :lol:
It has since been getting better. Later this evening, I will aim for that nice 2.50% straight.
My last chance :cheers:

Returning from holiday today. Will only have limited time at le Mans... anyone got any advice on how to attack this one with limited time available?
Drive fast on the straights 😎😎😎 vroom vroom!

If you know your gears around here (it's relatively straightforward despite such a long lap) I'd say TC1 on (I personally couldn't get on with TC0 in this car with a controller), and focus on a smooth line/corner exit from the two chicanes and the two tight right handers as the huge straights after mean that's where massive time is won, not from braking exactly at the right point.

I could be teaching you to suck eggs, never spoken to you before - in which case sorry for the bad advice!

Hope you enjoyed your hol!

Drive fast on the straights 😎😎😎 vroom vroom!

If you know your gears around here (it's relatively straightforward despite such a long lap) I'd say TC1 on (I personally couldn't get on with TC0 in this car with a controller), and focus on a smooth line/corner exit from the two chicanes and the two tight right handers as the huge straights after mean that's where massive time is won, not from braking exactly at the right point.

I could be teaching you to suck eggs, never spoken to you before - in which case sorry for the bad advice!

Hope you enjoyed your hol!
Yeah I know the circuit fairly well, but I've never taken the McLaren round it. So looking for more car-specific advice in this case. But thanks for your input, well noted.

Noob back again. Im not going to get into the next bracket on lemans so decided to have a look at the other one.

I’m not sure I’ve ever actually driven the Barcelona track, but that AMG barge is bloody awful!! 😂
8 laps. Best I could manage was a 54.

I’m ready to push that barge off a cliff.

After I set it on fire.

Edit- the best news is that tonight’s stint was rewarded with the rather tasty RE Ameniya FD RX7 😎

Last edited:
Noob back again. Im not going to get into the next bracket on lemans so decided to have a look at the other one.

I’m not sure I’ve ever actually driven the Barcelona track, but that AMG barge is bloody awful!! 😂
8 laps. Best I could manage was a 54.

I’m ready to push that barge off a cliff.

After I set it on fire.
Did not found the instruction manual either. But there are still a week to get it. Funny to drive though.

Since I have the day off, I decided to try the Lemans TT first thing this morning. After 8 laps sneaking into silver range I had a very brief, 'bout 10 seconds, argument with myself about going for gold range. "I'll take the "2mil/hour" rate I currently enjoy and go grind off the KazYen for that last trophy Jag in the LCD" self won the discussion. Time for a breakfast break and then on to that mission.

Finally managed to get sub 40. I usually run tcs 2. But used tcs 0-1-2 combo to break it.
IMG_2853.jpeg

Didn't get to play GT7 for months due to lots of work.

Finally, played yesterday & the first thing I tried was the Le Mans TT. Boy oh boy, this has to be one of my top 5 TTs ever. Driving around this circuit is never tiring. Got a lot of practice driving the TT + one of the 5 new races had Le Mans as the track..with a 10 lap race. Today I just played this track & clocked 500kms..

I was able to best my TT time to 1:45:087 which is good enough for silver. Feeling downbeat as this TT gets done with tomorrow.

Didn't get to play GT7 for months due to lots of work.

Finally, played yesterday & the first thing I tried was the Le Mans TT. Boy oh boy, this has to be one of my top 5 TTs ever. Driving around this circuit is never tiring. Got a lot of practice driving the TT + one of the 5 new races had Le Mans as the track..with a 10 lap race. Today I just played this track & clocked 500kms..

I was able to best my TT time to 1:45:087 which is good enough for silver. Feeling downbeat as this TT gets done with tomorrow.
Congrats! With 1:45 you should be in first place by far! ;)

LeMans ends tomorrow but the current one with the AMG at Catalunya is fun too! Try it if you have enough time.

Dropped to 88th, nervy wait until this one closes..
That's enough laps now everyone, thank you! :D

I would like to try defend the position tonight, but my legs might have other ideas on the pedals after the gym :lol:

View attachment 1366182
Same feeling here, but just for a gold time.
It's repeat every wednesday evening, and sometimes just for silver or bronze 😅

Fortunately or unfortunately this TT at Le Mans ends tomorrow. As far as I am concerned, this will be a poor performance. My worst ranking since the TT50. This will be a 17,077th place and a silver medal. A TT was forgotten... It doesn't matter, I'm getting back on track with this TT in Catalunya which I really like. I think I've said it before but congratulations to everyone who managed to get gold at Le Mans :bowdown::bowdown:👏👏👏👏

Fortunately or unfortunately this TT at Le Mans ends tomorrow. As far as I am concerned, this will be a poor performance. My worst ranking since the TT50. This will be a 17,077th place and a silver medal. A TT was forgotten... It doesn't matter, I'm getting back on track with this TT in Catalunya which I really like. I think I've said it before but congratulations to everyone who managed to get gold at Le Mans :bowdown::bowdown:👏👏👏👏
I've had a couple recently where I felt like I couldn't buy time. It happens. You'll be right back where you belong soon. 🔥🔥

Last stint at Le Mans, invalidated both red laps at Tertre Rouge... and butchered both fastest laps at final chicane, overshooting the apex of the last left hander each time...
1903203fa0a17-screenshotUrl.jpg

Too bad I invalidated a good lap.

Medium time was much better, optimal too.

That TT is hard for me, because you can't make a mistake, or more precisely, mistakes cost you an invalidated lap or worse, whereas in other TTs it is only some time lost. I have to be on the edge here.

In the end, I've only done 12 laps so that's not so much, but we raced there with Titans on sunday, and the was the WTC800 at Le Mans in the weekly, that's a lot of time on a track I don't enjoy for the moment.

To Barcelona next :

19032039d5693-screenshotUrl.jpg

I am unusually sandwiched between the two GODs, that's not what I am used too, I guess they did not work that much this TT.

After 5 more laps at Barcelona, it has been more productive as I entered silver 😊
1903203cb9282-screenshotUrl.jpg

Gold still seems far fetch though.

Last edited:
Despite my post last night, when there is 15 people destroying your old kitchen, it seems that there is very little to do other than turn on the PS5 and grab some more miles with the AMG… And I think I’ve reached my potential here. Super pleased with this lap and I think this is the highest I’ve ever been ranked but I’m well aware there’s another week so I expect to slip 100+ places. I can see where fractions may exist, but I’m very much at the point of diminishing returns. Looking forward to the new event tonight. :cheers:
1718831712766.jpeg

1718831735886.jpeg

Last edited:
24 heures du Mans? More like 24 heures du invalidated lap… AMIRITE?!?! cough cough, nervous chuckle

Geez Louize, so many invalidated laps for me on this one, a LOT of the times I’m not even able to cross the starting line without making the clock turn red as an overcooked lobster.

Anyway, did at least dive below 3.44 so a silver it is.

Back