Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,555 comments
@MUC76 I did slightly better than a 2.50% 🙂
Bummed that this one is ending tomorrow. My optimals are in the .2xx but I have to call it a night now. Ended up enjoying this one.

1903291f4ff38-screenshotUrl.jpg

Congrats! With 1:45 you should be in first place by far! ;)

LeMans ends tomorrow but the current one with the AMG at Catalunya is fun too! Try it if you have enough time.
Thanks Mate but I'm content with Silver. Out of the TTs I've taken part in, almost 75% of them I've earned Silver. This makes me average or above average at best as I've golded a few TTs to my surprise.

Will try the Catalunya track today. Sadly, it's one of my least liked tracks. As a matter of coincidence, this weekend we have the Spanish Grand Prix to add to the TT fever.

Didn't have much time or luck with the McLaren this week. Was only able to put a time in on Tuesday night, of 3:39.474 which places me 848th. Definitely a lot more time in that lap.

Basically just bleeding time all the way until Mulsanne corner, couldn't get the braking point right for either of the Mulsanne chicanes or Terte Rouge, which would then cost me time down the entirety of the Mulsanne Straight. Also struggled getting the car to rotate through the Ford chicane, especially trying to attack the kerbs without exceeding track limits or going wide, it took at least 2 of my fastest laps away due to errors there :banghead:

Indianapolis and the Porsche curves were easily my strongest sections of the track, was able to keep pace with the top time through there, unfortunately that was after I'd already dropped 3 seconds in the previous sectors of the track.

Shame I couldn't give this more of a go as the McLaren sounds phenomenal.

Whew... Man, this TT! Went all in and and spent way more hours and kms than usual on this one, which speaks to its quality. I wanted that 36 or a very low 37 but it didn’t materialise this time, despite my many attempts. And the time was there, goddamnit! Frustrating but I really gave it my all.

It was a bit sketchy across kerbs though, kept sliding off a few times too many, taking a toll mentally with all those restarts before even reaching Terte Rouge. Not to mention track limits at the aforementioned Terte Rouge as well as the chicanes on the Mulsanne straight. Incredible feeling once you nailed them tough. Had to take a few Davidoff’s myself to keep from going insane and in order to stay relaxed throughout this TT. :lol:🚬

I took the liberty to check your shared replay @Dan_Tes (congratulations on becoming a captain, that’s super cool — well done on achieving such a career) and compared our sector times;
0’32.019 / 108.292 / 138.545 / 203.641 / 234.819 / 306.347 / 337.149
032.033 / 108.123 / 138.446 / 203.733 / 234.825 / 306.296 / 337.364

While the time is great, clearly the absolute blazingly fast parts in your lap were the exit at the end of Mulsanne as well as the very end, through Ford, coincidentally my achilles’ heel.

... and then also my best attempt below which I disappointingly threw away, like so many others in the Ford chicanes. I couldn’t believe it.

0'32.094 / 1'08.214 / 1'38.375 / 2'03.492 / 2'34.659 / 3'06.123 / 3'XSCHHHHTRRRRACKLIMITSFORDCHICANE

Also, shoutout to @djolliea for that 3’36.5. Astonishing time. Seriously fast, man. I bow in awe!

20970890218529865.jpg

190335a61db55-screenshotUrl.png

Spa gets never old to me and I hope that this round will stay dry... Again it is parallel to the 24h of Spa next week. I might cancel some appointments to enjoy this one fully.

It would have been great to get sub-52 at Catalunya but I didn't achieve it untill now and won't return because Spa... 😃
Spa is also one of my all time favorites.
We have had 3 great tracks in succession, first with the Nurb, then Lemans and now Spa.
Couldn't be happier 😁

Yesterday I was resigned with my 3:49.034, but checking the game this morning to get my reward and see what's next (Spa 😍) I saw there was still 39min before the end, plenty of time for the last chance stint

So I went.

First lap without mistakes, doing nearly what I want everywhere, braking on my marks and so on, so it should be good ? Alas 3:51.876 ! 0:02.842 more than my lap record... ok I was dead inside, all hope gone at first lap.
Well I might at least get my daily workout, so I continue for a second lap, which turned out to be just 0.007 above my previous record, may be there's hope ?

3rd lap, good and consistent, no super good sectors but overall good, ending up in a 3:47.447 !! I was over the moon having beat my record, great ! I was so nervous during this lap seeing the delta increase all along (and decrease some time). But I did a good last sector which helped a lot.

Lap 4 all concentration was lost, too happy to have beaten my record, but in the end, despite mistakes everywhere, it was still better than my previous record, and the pressure went down.

Went for a 5th lap, just to get 5 laps, and then the miracle happened, nailed the first two sectors (which is new), maintained a -0.6/-0.7 gap all along until the final sector, and absolutely nailed it (for my standards, gained a second compared to my previous best), to reach a lap time of 3:45.699 !!!

I was so over the moon that I thought that I've reached gold 🤣🤣🤣

But it is silver of course. I am extremely happy of this result (and I have no idea how people can go in the 3:3X 😱)

And I am in total disbelief when I compare yesterday's record and today's : 3:49.034 VS 3:45.699 🫨
190346b129d16-screenshotUrl.jpg

1903468d4b657-screenshotUrl.jpg

Optimal in 3:45.400. Medium better than previous record.

I'd need a month more and I'd get gold 😅

17 laps total, which is rather ridiculous compared to some hardcore players from this thread, but I did not had a lot of time this week, and TTs absorb a lot of mental energy for me, especially this one. But I am learning to relax slowly. I think last lap was good because I was relieved to have beaten my record on lap 3.

And the next TT looks very good, what a day !

Last edited:
Was trying at Le Mans until the end, made 4000km that was enough only for silver..
Great TT, but I wasn't able to gold it - not enough skill, nothing else.

19034a48d2897-screenshotUrl.jpg

Spa with Gr3, not a fan of group selection, far more I love specific car...
Spa has all love, but cars no.

Started with Catalunya yesterday, today serious and it is also good TT.
For now, silver.

The results for TT82 are over here.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community leader boards.

Interim Results for TT83 at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout No Chicane in the Mercedes-AMG GT R '17.

1718872304517.png
1718872357652.png

LB.png
Interim.png

TTC.png

Attachments

• TT83-static.xlsx
    33.3 KB · Views: 1
Back from Le Mans yesterday. Logged in to collect reward for tsukuba tt. Hopefully I'll get another gold reward today when I'm back from work. I have now two TT's to drive for the next week. Important question... which GTGr.3 car would be the best pick for Spa?
Usually, I wait to see what the top rankers are using. Once a pattern can be derived i.e. a common racing being used, I use that one.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. :D

Yesterday I was resigned with my 3:49.034, but checking the game this morning to get my reward and see what's next (Spa 😍) I saw there was still 39min before the end, plenty of time for the last chance stint

So I went.

First lap without mistakes, doing nearly what I want everywhere, braking on my marks and so on, so it should be good ? Alas 3:51.876 ! 0:02.842 more than my lap record... ok I was dead inside, all hope gone at first lap.
Well I might at least get my daily workout, so I continue for a second lap, which turned out to be just 0.007 above my previous record, may be there's hope ?

3rd lap, good and consistent, no super good sectors but overall good, ending up in a 3:47.447 !! I was over the moon having beat my record, great ! I was so nervous during this lap seeing the delta increase all along (and decrease some time). But I did a good last sector which helped a lot.

Lap 4 all concentration was lost, too happy to have beaten my record, but in the end, despite mistakes everywhere, it was still better than my previous record, and the pressure went down.

Went for a 5th lap, just to get 5 laps, and then the miracle happened, nailed the first two sectors (which is new), maintained a -0.6/-0.7 gap all along until the final sector, and absolutely nailed it (for my standards, gained a second compared to my previous best), to reach a lap time of 3:45.699 !!!

I was so over the moon that I thought that I've reached gold 🤣🤣🤣

But it is silver of course. I am extremely happy of this result (and I have no idea how people can go in the 3:3X 😱)

And I am in total disbelief when I compare yesterday's record and today's : 3:49.034 VS 3:45.699 🫨
View attachment 1366289

View attachment 1366290
Optimal in 3:45.400. Medium better than previous record.

I'd need a month more and I'd get gold 😅

17 laps total, which is rather ridiculous compared to some hardcore players from this thread, but I did not had a lot of time this week, and TTs absorb a lot of mental energy for me, especially this one. But I am learning to relax slowly. I think last lap was good because I was relieved to have beaten my record on lap 3.

And the next TT looks very good, what a day !
What.A.Finish!!!
:gtpflag::cheers:
Add some more bravery in your entries and exits out of corners and you'll be shaving tenths and seconds off your results!
The cleanliness of your driving is commendable, but don't be afraid to overstep boundaries even if it results in lap invalidation, you will learn from it and find even more speed later!

What.A.Finish!!!
:gtpflag::cheers:
Add some more bravery in your entries and exits out of corners and you'll be shaving tenths and seconds off your results!
The cleanliness of your driving is commendable, but don't be afraid to overstep boundaries even if it results in lap invalidation, you will learn from it and find even more speed later!
On a short lap, it's ok to make a mistake or try to learn the limits but when it came to the last TT (Le Mans) where a lap would takeat least 3.30 mins, I was being cautious. I didn't want to restart the TT again as the previous data of laps completed with best sector times gets erased for that session.

But overall, pushing the limits is important. As F1 drivers say, controlled aggression.

Man, I so wish I was a Japanese F1 driver and can break records all the time like you guys. I'm sure my 132 rank will be long by the weekend. Have we had a Group 3 time trial at the Spa before?

@half_sourly

Man, I so wish I was a Japanese F1 driver and can break records all the time like you guys. I'm sure my 132 rank will be long by the weekend. Have we had a Group 3 time trial at the Spa before?

@half_sourly
No, not yet. You can find a full list of all previous TTs here, under the spoiler "Index of Standard TTs"

36​
20-Jul-23​
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps​
Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior​
59​
28-Dec-23​
Alfa Romeo 4C '14​
84​
20-Jun-24​
Gr.3​