Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,502 comments
Epic combo. Feeling right at home with my favourite GT3 at my favourite real circuit. Simply, simply lovely.

19036c5c5a618-screenshotUrl.jpg

If I may...It looks like the rear was pretty stable and glued to the track during turn in. If you can kick it loose slightly while trail braking into the corner, you can rotate the car a lot and give you a much shallower exiting angle. This way you can pretty much floor it instead of feathering the throttle worrying about oversteer during corner exit.
Yeah nothing I was doing was working! LOL Going to try it again in VR. That was a quick try on flat screen and I couldn't seem to do anything to get the car to rotate without loosing time. I think I'm still braking too late in a lot of corners.

I remoted myself into gold with my little black Swan 😂
I didn't find a RCZ in the top 100 so went for that 😂

Not a bad start, altho with the shadows on Au Rouge it's mega hard on remote.....no lift like 2/10 hard 😂

Fun challenge avoiding them bollards tho 🙈😂

1000021583.jpg

1000021581.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got a 2:16... jumped back on after work and was not leaving before I got a 16! Was on for a 16.6 twice but decided to bin it on the fast right after sector 2 every time, very frustrating! Still 3/4 tenths in my lap but not sure I'll keep going will see. I enjoy the Audi R8 though reminds me of the old days competing at live events!

Finally got a 2:16... jumped back on after work and was not leaving before I got a 16! Was on for a 16.6 twice but decided to bin it on the fast right after sector 2 every time, very frustrating! Still 3/4 tenths in my lap but not sure I'll keep going will see. I enjoy the Audi R8 though reminds me of the old days competing at live events!
Nice lap! I'm on a 2.17.001, so close yet so far!

I thought i was well prepared through the 1hr race at Spa. 3,02% in the Audi after some laps. Again a little bit harder than i thought. I am on holidays until next Thursday. I will see where the time lands and which cars are preferred (please ones that are easy flatout for a controller casual through Eau Rogue) by then and try hard for gold.

Edit: No Meta? Ok, than i will of course go for AMG '20, Supra '99 and the Mazda Vision.
Had some more minutes today. Tried the AMG '20. Got down from 2:20:920 to 2:20:158. Now that seems a lot better. Let's see where it stands %-wise when i am back in a week.
1000019834.jpg

I was determined to get a 3:40.xxx last night then realized I could probably do a high 3:39.xxx but ran out of time and energy!

No aids, weak ABS, PSVR2, and wheel. Best optimal was a 3:40.5xx in session before this and I messed up a couple corners a little bit.
Still pretty happy with this lap, but gave up 2 tenths in sector 6.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240619232729.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240619232716.jpg

Fastest time in the Jaaaag
53805726330_793550305b_o.jpg

Fastest time in the Mercedes
53805288231_2aae4599b4_o.jpg

I almost managed a 2:18.9 in the Mercedes but I stuffed it on the last corner. The Jag isn't a bad car to drive but it isn't quite as stable as the Mercedes. The Mercedes takes a speed penalty on the Kemmel Straight but the more refined aero package allows it to corner faster. This very much instills the confidence necessary to push the car and get better lap times. I will be having another go to see how far I can get into the 18's.

Inspired by evil baked goods I decided to give the NSX a try and found another 0.2! Not entirely sure that I can manage a sub 19 but we will try again soon. I can't say I prefer the drive over the R8 as it feels a bit more understeer-y.

Has anyone tried any of the older GT3s yet? ...the 458, Vantage, and SLS...

19038cbb1c154-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
So many cars that work well here. Really sweet that you don't have to use one car and can get into gold with many different ones.

Did a few laps with the BMW M3 from 2011 but that was nothing.

The Renault R.S.01 is great and I felt really fast but was a second slower then my pb 😂

Next was the Lambo which I absolutly love and improved by .2s.

Lambo.jpg

Tried the Audi for the last laps one more time and improved a little bit more 😅 First below 2:20.xxx

Audi.jpg

Well first session on the TV this mornng, no miracle laps due to changing a lot of cars,
I found the NSX not realy suitable for my driving style, don't know what it is but it seems lacking a bit of downforce on the higher speed turns and realy had trouble getting it rotated, think i have to get to know that car a bit, so more miles needed in that..

The R8 EVO, what can i say.., that straightpiped sound it makes when coasting and holding a lower RPM is mega, what a sound, love it!
It's definately more lively thatn the NSX, rotates better but for me it's a bit wobbely, a bit floating in mid corner when lifting off so could not realy get the hang of it in a few laps, sounds fast and seems to be too :lol:

The RCZ, planted like crazy and very predictable, i'm going to invastigate it a little more.

RSR..yes!.... always liked it, if you can manage the understeer and get get it rotated it's fire, realy good to manage in 1th gear
i had time to run a few laps with it and immidiatey shaved off some time..

Major code brown on exit Stavelot so should be not that hard to get into the 18's in the next few days.... i hope... :lol:

190397af6b256-screenshotUrl.jpg

So Spa is a track I have done a few laps around since getting the ps5 a couple of weeks ago (and remembered it from years ago). Did 6 or 8 laps using an Audi LMs Evo that I’d not driven before (which seemed nice) and got down to a 2.25 easily enough but there’s still a lot left on the table obviously. Question for the collective - what’s your preferred car out of the available for this one?
Another 8 or so laps tonight and I’m down into the 2.23s for silver but man the car wants to push that front pretty hard… will not hold a line for me. Can’t take the first chicane flat without running off limits.

Another noob question… how are you taking the screen grabs ? The videos I can see, but where is the screen cap option?

Last edited:
Another 8 or so laps tonight and I’m down into the 2.23s for silver but man the car wants to push that front pretty hard… will not hold a line for me. Can’t take the first chicane flat without running off limits.

Another noob question… how are you taking the screen grabs ? The videos I can see, but where is the screen cap option?
Share/Create button on your PS gamepad. On the left side of touchpad. It can be set to couple of operating modes and allows saving screenshots and videos of recent gameplay. Useful link below.

I remoted myself into gold with my little black Swan 😂
I didn't find a RCZ in the top 100 so went for that 😂

Not a bad start, altho with the shadows on Au Rouge it's mega hard on remote.....no lift like 2/10 hard 😂

Fun challenge avoiding them bollards tho 🙈😂

View attachment 1366456
View attachment 1366458
You've inspired me to pull my RCZ out of the garage, finish up the livery I started a while back, and take it out to the track! Tonight's GT time has a plan now... :cheers:

EDIT: Work in progress...

1903ba5cc0933-b161BC88273914BA1A5.5813BD5398E5A252_message_440058333683895_1718977865952.jpg

Last edited:
Ahuh!
Ok jumped back in just to try out the screen cap thing (thanks Krazislaw) and did drop my pb by a few tenths. Invalidated two good laps in the run by cutting the last corner a little too much which annoyed me.
But a 22 is just around the corner as consistency starts coming. Gotta get a feel for braking on curbs and work on my transitions. Still getting used to load cell pedal that seems very stiff…

Attachments

• IMG_1617.jpeg
    IMG_1617.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 6
Back