Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,838 comments
Quite happy with Sardegna, I don't think I have gold in me (and neither time to chase it) but maybe a .47 is doable.

190d07c641536-screenshotUrl.jpg

Anyhow... there is one thing right now that is driving me crazy... @Pesselles

190d07c123923-screenshotUrl.jpg

Just kidding, I'm quite sure there's much more in you than in me

zjn
Quite happy with Sardegna, I don't think I have gold in me (and neither time to chase it) but maybe a .47 is doable.

View attachment 1374031

Anyhow... there is one thing right now that is driving me crazy... @Pesselles

View attachment 1374032

Just kidding, I'm quite sure there's much more in you than in me
Nicely done, I allow you one thousandth more.... :D
No chance, I've already gave up on this one.

sardegna-10 laps-2.jpg

Another 10 laps at Sardegna A.

Watched the replay of @djolliea before, took notes of some clues, and loaded his ghost next.

Most first laps were red, generally because I softly brushed some Barry-R inside a turn :mad: how wide is this car seriously !

10 laps later, unable to do at least as well as my 3rd lap in the first 5 lap stint I did to test this TT 🤯

I don't understand, at the end of this stint I was consistent, good braking points and so on, but the time does not go down.

View attachment 1374043

Another 10 laps at Sardegna A.

Watched the replay of @djolliea before, took notes of some clues, and loaded his ghost next.

Most first laps were red, generally because I softly brushed some Barry-R inside a turn :mad: how wide is this car seriously !

10 laps later, unable to do at least as well as my 3rd lap in the first 5 lap stint I did to test this TT 🤯

I don't understand, at the end of this stint I was consistent, good braking points and so on, but the time does not go down.
This is a (very) difficult one, especially if you play in AT.
Even if we know the track well, the AT mode pumps all the speed out of the corner, the car stays stuck and we can only wait for it to take off again. It's very penalizing and very frustrating. I had the worst difficulty understanding this before managing to get a valid lap and a decent time.
Very honestly, my 48.116 is nothing but a miracle. Most of my laps were very similar to yours.

Even if we know the track well, the AT mode pumps all the speed out of the corner, the car stays stuck and we can only wait for it to take off again. It's very penalizing and very frustrating. I had the worst difficulty understanding this before managing to get a valid lap and a decent time.
Very honestly, my 48.116 is nothing but a miracle. Most of my laps were very similar to yours.
I don't feel like I need more power exiting the turns, the opposite, I'd like to exit with a gear up most of the time.

But irrespective of AT/MT, what stuns me is not being able to improve a lap I did while barely trying, having no idea of braking points and so on.

I don't feel like I need more power exiting the turns, the opposite, I'd like to exit with a gear up most of the time.

But irrespective of AT/MT, what stuns me is not being able to improve a lap I did while barely trying, having no idea of braking points and so on.
yeah I've had that sort of thing happen occasionally too. Set a time real early on that then takes ages to even get close to again. Weird...and annoying! lol

My goal this weekend is to get into gold at Sardegna and silver at Fuji. The silver I feel pretty confident about. The gold, not so much.
Well the younger and lower skilled players might have a difficult time there, as that is a road car and it doesn't turn as good as you want it to. You have to use caution when braking not to go too fast otherwise you'll hit the wall/rail.

Good first day at Fuji. Watched Tidgney's lap guide as a refresher before going in.

I lack bravery and consistency on that fast left starting S2. But it doesn't seem to have mattered.

190d0fc811e92-screenshotUrl.jpg
190d0fc9c7187-screenshotUrl.jpg

If I could nail the middle, I'm sure I could improve my time but I'm already pretty close to my optimal so I'm not sure I want to sink in the time for a miracle lap.

The SF23 feels much easier to drive than I remember it did when I was trying to win the SF menu here.

Weird, I felt the car "heavy" on exit (but it's maybe only me). In real life, I would be very very brutal with its gear box :lol:
Most of the time, I brake a bit earlier the "150m", except for the last left where you must to brake at "100m".
Hope it's help :)

Final session in fuji. Geez, this tt exposes my slow reflexes in turn 2, where if I don't lift I regularly invalidate the lap, and in general both in the run up, where I'm overconvinced I'm not taking advantage of the aerodynamics, and on the exit, where I lose precious seconds.
However, I have shaved 3 tenths off and am at 23.124. Silver is safe and I can go eat polenta and mushrooms in the mountains quietly

New test today in Sardegna :
I did not manage to improve my time of 1'46'973 in this session with a time of 1'47'090. But the optimal time of 1'46'6xx suggests good things to come. But for that I will have to tame the balance of the car a little more, particularly in the S-shaped bend, which some people shift to 4th and me to 3rd.

Good drive and enjoy :cheers:

Hello friends!

Probably last day of time trialling for me on these current trials. Stage one; Fuji. I’ve only done two sessions here so the pressure was on, I engaged steery cheat mode for a bit more consistency and ABS weak for a bit more braking in those heavy braking areas; I was absolutely on point by the end and I think I left two tenths in that last sector but I WANTED A 1:19 and I GOT A 1:19!!! Whoop!

IMG_7784.jpeg

IMG_7783.jpeg

Currently top of my friends list which seems to only happen at Fuji in a high downforce car with CSA strong on. But hey if it works it works! Happy with that and another 👽 stamp in the book 🥰

Stage two.. Sardegna in that delicious LFA, currently tucking into a tasty Graciano 🍷 so probably will have to set a PB half cut there later 🤪😂

Stay tuned to see how that pans out 😬

Last edited:
Currently top of my friends list which seems to only happen at Fuji in a high downforce car with CSA strong on.
CSA
Screenshot_20240720-210643_Firefox.jpg

It does you credit to not use shortcuts to get the results.
Always remain true to yourself, @Dan_Tes for legality

Stage two.. Sardegna in that delicious LFA, currently tucking into a tasty Graciano 🍷 so probably will have to set a PB half cut there later 🤪😂

Ok, wine is allowed, your legality badge is still on

Gave it go with AT and was surprised that it isn't that bad. Got a 1:46,406 on my 3rd lap, a 45 should be possible.
I would say the advantage of MT is around 0.7s.

Fresh from todays time trialing. Went with fsf at fuji first as couple of thousands from gold were bothering me. Hundred kms later got some hundreds of second into gold..
1000017734.jpg
1000017731.jpg

Did learn to use my vr to more actively search for apexes, not just with my eyes but also by turning my head. Still, this car is too fast for me rn, and I still haven't got a single non invalidated flatout run through coca-cola. But managed to get consistent runs with just a tiny little lift. Pretty happy to be back in gold here, not gonna run it again until end, but won't be upset if I get kicked out of G zone in last hours, did my best here considering current state.
Then comes the bag of bricks on wheels at sardegna
1000017732.jpg
1000017733.jpg
...well I hit a wall on t1 because I was used to super fast braking of formula. Managed to improve my time by 0.3s, still 1.5s from gold. Gonna try it fresh tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Hello friends!

Probably last day of time trialling for me on these current trials. Stage one; Fuji. I’ve only done two sessions here so the pressure was on, I engaged steery cheat mode for a bit more consistency and ABS weak for a bit more braking in those heavy braking areas; I was absolutely on point by the end and I think I left two tenths in that last sector but I WANTED A 1:19 and I GOT A 1:19!!! Whoop!

View attachment 1374085
View attachment 1374086

Currently top of my friends list which seems to only happen at Fuji in a high downforce car with CSA strong on. But hey if it works it works! Happy with that and another 👽 stamp in the book 🥰

Stay tuned to see how that pans out 😬

@half_sourly is @Dan_Tes
1721507973560.gif
Again?

I've gotten a bit fixated on Fuji, I drove 700km over multiple sessions yesterday, which is the most I've ever driven one day in the game since release. Plenty of frustration of dealing with a car that is on a knife's edge and many Leclerc level "NOOOOOOO" moments and I am now quite consistent in Sector 1 and 2, but all of a sudden I'm struggling in sector 3 where I didn't before. In the end I only improved my time by less than a tenth, and the lap was scruffy. I'm at a 1:20.790, and with my latest potential being a 20.640 I think it's unlikely I'll get much faster, my goal yesterday was best scenario to get a mid .7 but minimum below .8. So I'm sort of where I wanted to be but I've definitely got the bug of wanting to perfect my lap. I'm not sure I'll get around to the LFA trial but we'll see, maybe I'll suddenly get a 20.690 and I'll be satisfied (difficulty: Impossible)

Fuji is over. This morning was all about Sardegna. It took me less than 30 km to get a new best at 1:47,3 and then over 140 km nothing positive happened. Until i got into the 1:46 at the end pleased with practicing MT on a course/car combination that is so demanding being focused and pleased with the time.
1000020915.jpg

I am not quite sure if i have time for any more sessions until Thursday but that's fine. Happy lapping!

Last edited:
Back