Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,838 comments
Had my first session with the LFA. My word this is awful. I spent 15 minutes on it and failed to get a single lap. The thing just loves to not steer and go into a barrier. Of course you probably all know this by now; I’m late to the game. :D
It's a terrible car! The word that comes to mind to describe how it drives is "sproingy!" It's like it's riding on four of those springs Wile E. Coyote puts on his feet in case he runs off the edge of a cliff lol.

It's a terrible car! The word that comes to mind to describe how it drives is "sproingy!" It's like it's riding on four of those springs Wile E. Coyote puts on his feet in case he runs off the edge of a cliff lol.
Sproingy! You nailed it. That’s the best description to far. 😁

I must admit while I complain about this from the first few laps, I’m actually beginning to enjoy the challenge. I find it much more manageable than the high downforce cars.

Still not sure I’m going to get gold, but I’m definitely improving.

Currently at a 1:48.145. +3.37%

Sproingy! You nailed it. That’s the best description to far. 😁

I must admit while I complain about this from the first few laps, I’m actually beginning to enjoy the challenge. I find it much more manageable than the high downforce cars.

Still not sure I’m going to get gold, but I’m definitely improving.

Currently at a 1:48.145. +3.37%
It definitely has it own way to be driven, It also took me a while to even make it to turn 2 😂

But you are almost there at 3.37% !,
So it's save to say....you got this 😁💪

It's my fault though, I wish I had just looked at all the Youtube guides instead of asking for advice here, it wouldn't have irritated or bothered anyone. Well I'm keeping my distance here from now on. I guess if I want a job done right I gotta do it myself. If i want gold, it's my responsibility to do the necessary actions to achieve that goal.

I fell victim.to the amazon prime days promo and ordered a G923 :embarrassed:
To mitigate the reaction of a poster above. I tried a G923, a VR2 and used AT for the first time the other day. And it was a great experience. Not sure about lap times, was missing gears, forgetting to shift, but I immediately had a lot of fun and the experience felt pretty lifelike.

I do hope for you but I won't tell you for my controllers because I'll DEFINTINLY NOT open a controller to repair it..... :lol: Don't give me a screwdriver or a hammer, I'm terribly dangerous... :crazy:

Im Not No Way GIF

we totally agree :) (once again)
I have two right hands to (I'm a lefty). Still worked. Just saying.

Second day of MT. Did 219km or 48 laps at Fuji. Optimal is 1:21,491. Still very, very inconsistent. As i try to drive MT at Sardegna tomorrow i hope this time is enough for gold.
1000020892.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@KAlex122 You're getting stronger everyday. However I may have to keep my time in the bronze range. It depends on how much willpower I have to get a higher rank/medal.
It takes a lot if time with these fast cars. The first 30 laps brought me nowhere near my old time. I didn't care too much as it's currently more about getting acquainted to MT. Still gold would be great. I'm a little proud already. :)

It takes a lot if time with these fast cars. The first 30 laps brought me nowhere near my old time. I didn't care too much as it's currently more about getting acquainted to MT. Still gold would be great. I'm a little proud already. :)
And you should be! MT is especially demanding here, lots of short gears, you never stay in the same one for more than a few seconds. It's like the NYC of time trials: if you make it here, you can make it anywhere! :) 💪

Yeah, what @crome said. We have to follow each other's advice here to get better and quicker. And as always stay positive and not be negative because it will change your outcome and result. :)

Last edited:
And you should be! MT is especially demanding here, lots of short gears, you never stay in the same one for more than a few seconds. It's like the NYC of time trials: if you make it here, you can make it anywhere! :) 💪
MT is almost mandatory too on Sardegna. And I'm sure @KAlex122 will be brilliant with the LFA.

On AT, I really suffer to see this heavy Lexus on an inappropriate gear when a short downshift could help her to gain a decent exit speed on critical turns. Maybe some excellent AT players will grab gold, I'm just unable :)

Still Sardegna feels harder on MT (tried some laps,the best was ,460 behind my best AT). My focus on MT hinders me from getting the corners right as the car is so heavy and weightshifting a real problem. I'm always too late and understeering in the corners.

Still Sardegna feels harder on MT (tried some laps,the best was ,460 behind my best AT). My focus on MT hinders me from getting the corners right as the car is so heavy and weightshifting a real problem. I'm always too late and understeering in the corners.
You got this, resist the temptation to go back to AT. The transition won't take more than two or three weeks, and then it'll be second nature. That's how it went for me anyway.
MT is almost mandatory too on Sardegna. And I'm sure @KAlex122 will be brilliant with the LFA.

On AT, I really suffer to see this heavy Lexus on an inappropriate gear when a short downshift could help her to gain a decent exit speed on critical turns. Maybe some excellent AT players will grab gold, I'm just unable :)
Well, the solution is obvious, right? Contrary to to popular belief, an old dog can learn some new tricks ;)

Jk, we had this topic before, I can totally relate to how sticking with what you're used to is more comfortable and fun, not everyone needs to challenge themselves all the time.

Last edited:
You got this, resist the temptation to go back to AT. The transition won't take more than two or three weeks, and then it'll be second nature. That's how it went for me anyway.

Well, the solution is obvious, right? Contrary to to popular belief, an old dog can learn some new tricks ;)

Jk, we had this topic before, I can totally relate to how sticking with what you're used to is more comfortable and fun, not everyone needs to challenge themselves all the time.
Yes we had this topic, you're right :)
I've tried, honestly, I've tried. But...

I only blame myself I can't change decade of AT habits, and honestly, it's only a game. If I'm slower than many of you, it's fine as long it's still fun to play :)

You know what, I need to reflect on my actions, I know why most people get annoyed, because I don't apply the advice that's given and then I ask the same questions over and over, so I'm nipping that in the bud and stopping. I gotta back my game time down, 15 hours is way too much. However it only took 10 laps for me to get a silver time and all thanks for Tidgney's guide. He explains everything by section and detail.

I have made lap comparison and analysis of Jeddah vs Holl01 Willow Springs with Merc 300 SL

Big thank you to @Metalgear9493 (Holl01) and @EbrahimX7 for posting laps on YouTube. My video is based on YouTube videos, hence not the best visual quality. If I had access to lap replays in showcase I would record videos in higher quality plus both lap would show km/h, not one km/h another mph.
Anyhow...
First of all... you two aliens are just out of this world talented and skilled!!! Kudos to you!! And thanks for lap replays, I literally study every pixel of it.
Few points from my observation.
Holl01 is 1 km/h slower at very start and therefore is slightly behind at very first braking point.
Jeddah downshift quickly to 3rd in T2, sec17 in video, do not gain anything on that downshift and Holl01 wins S1 by 0.031
In Sector 2 Jeddah downshift to 2nd in T4,sec 54 in video, and get better rotation and start gaining on Holl01. Jeddah also brake later in next turn, sec 1.12 in video, watch the video in slow motion with 0.25x speed and pay attention that Jeddah already is slightly ahead plus brakes later and gaining most of the advantage right there. S2 Jeddah faster 0.124
Sector 3, Holl01 rotate car better than Jeddah in last turn, sec 2.05 in video and is already full throttle while Jeddah have to wait full second to floor it. Holl01 gain pretty much all lost time from S2 in last turn and is just 0.002 behind on finish line.
For me personally,this battle goes in history and I loved every second of lap analysis.
I hope I contributed something valuable to this thread and all of us watching video and learning.

(Btw, I am not a "YouTuber" and not fishing for likes or subscribers. I think I have like 5 subscribers haha. However it is some feedback if I should make more videos or not bother? If you would like to see more videos in the future, subscribe and like it so I get feedback so I know if there is point for me to make more videos or not.)

Last edited:
I have made lap comparison and analysis of Jeddah vs Holl01 Willow Springs with Merc 300 SL

Big thank you to @Metalgear9493 (Holl01) and @EbrahimX7 for posting laps on YouTube. My video is based on YouTube videos, hence not the best visual quality. If I had access to lap replays in showcase I would record videos in higher quality plus both lap would show km/h, not one km/h another mph.
Anyhow...
First of all... you two aliens are just out of this world talented and skilled!!! Kudos to you!! And thanks for lap replays, I literally study every pixel of it.
Holl01 is 1 km/h slower at very start and therefore is slightly behind at very first braking point.
Jeddah downshift quickly to 3rd in T3, sec17 in video, do not gain anything on that downshift and Holl01 wins S1 by 0.031
In Sector 2 Jeddah downshift to 2nd in T4,sec 54 in video, and get better rotation and start gaining on Holl01. Jeddah also brake later in next turn, sec 1.12 in video, watch the video in slow motion with 0.25x speed and pay attention that Jeddah already is slightly ahead plus brakes later and gaining most of the advantage right there. S2 Jeddah faster 0.124
Sector 3, Holl01 rotate car better than Jeddah in last turn, sec 2.05 in video and is already full throttle while Jeddah have to wait full second to floor it. Holl01 gain pretty much all lost time from S2 in last turn and is just 0.002 behind on finish line.
For me personally,this battle goes in history and I loved every second of lap analysis.
I hope I contributed something valuable to this thread and all of us watching video and learning.

(Btw, I am not a "YouTuber" and not fishing for likes or subscribers. I think I have like 5 subscribers haha. However it is some feedback if I should make more videos or not bother? If you would like to see more videos in the future, subscribe and like it so I get feedback so I know if there is point for me to make more videos or not.)

Wow, that's an excellent side by side look at how both of their laps were different. That's a great tool for this game. Keep bringing this information to us if you can, thanks.

Yes we had this topic, you're right :)
I've tried, honestly, I've tried. But...

I only blame myself I can't change decade of AT habits, and honestly, it's only a game. If I'm slower than many of you, it's fine as long it's still fun to play :)
In Fuji I am half of a second behind @KAlex122 with MT. Shifting works great for me with the short way of my paddles of the McLaren wheel. Obviously the problem seems to be related with steering while using throttle and brake... I am quite happy with my time so far (around place 11.000) and send gratulations to everyone faster than me. Well done!

Anyhow...
Jeddah downshift quickly to 3rd in T2, sec17 in video, do not gain anything on that downshift and Holl01 wins S1 by 0.031

Give that man, the Nobel price of the TT comparaison on GT7 !!!

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Your video is simply amazing, so so informative (if I watched it earlier, I could have improved my score, for sure :irked:).
So next time, share your comparison before the end of the TT :dopey:

TACK x 1.000!!!

Also set the force feedback to its strongest since the 923 barely has any force feedback. Ohhh.....and learn how to left foot brake :D
Can't say I agree with that really. I know with the G29 setting it to max torque is WAY too high for it. It's just saturated. I find 4 to be perfect. And 1 for sensitivity. Even at that setting the high downforce cars still have really heavy force effects.

Definite yes for left foot braking though.

Last edited:
Btw when I got my G29 I found the low spacing between gas and brake pedal to be really uncomfortable, but there are YT tutorials on how to switch the brake with the clutch pedal. You might want to give that a try @ikon_313 . It's really easy to do even if your fingers are all thumbs (like mine) ;)
Or...
IMG_20240720_085557319.jpg

And adjust the spacing of the accelerator/brake and put the clutch pedal entirely out of the way.

Back